Enforce CK Applications on careless drivers and people involved in shoot-outs

OneEightSeven

+1

+ infinity if I could.

This should have been instituted ages ago, and should absolutely be instituted now. If you want to do illegal RP, and you want to do it recklessly with literally zero care for the stakes involved, then the stakes should be character loss.

No question. No exceptions. Aaaaabsolutley support.

58 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Street gangs and organized crime. 

Organized crime doesn't get stop and searched because 9 out of 10 times they're white, and also they're more down low. They don't hang out in impoverished areas. Either way this rule is still a big -1 for me, police need a major revamp before anything like this should ever be accepted

15 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

Organized crime doesn't get stop and searched because 9 out of 10 times they're white, and also they're more down low. They don't hang out in impoverished areas. Either way this rule is still a big -1 for me, police need a major revamp before anything like this should ever be accepted

Organized crime encompass more than just white people in suits. You’ve still not explained exactly what you meant. What’s not realistic about the police searches being done in game? I’ll emphasize that I’ve never experienced a search like you describe with key characteristics involving metagame and unrealistic roleplay while roleplaying in south central. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

Organized crime encompass more than just white people in suits. You’ve still not explained exactly what you meant. What’s not realistic about the police searches being done in game? I’ll emphasize that I’ve never experienced a search like you describe with key characteristics involving metagame and unrealistic roleplay while roleplaying in south central. 

Being pulled over with no prior felonies, no dangerous persons, nothing, then being asked to step out of the car, where they’d find weed or cocaine or something, then search every single property you have in your name looking for more things and you going to jail for a week all because you went a little bit over the speed limit. You might not have witnessed it but I think I speak for every gang roleplayer that it happens 

1 minute ago, Stiggz said:

Being pulled over with no prior felonies, no dangerous persons, nothing, then being asked to step out of the car, where they’d find weed or cocaine or something, then search every single property you have in your name looking for more things and you going to jail for a week all because you went a little bit over the speed limit. You might not have witnessed it but I think I speak for every gang roleplayer that it happens 

What basis do you have to say unequivocally without a doubt that that is unrealistic and can you argument why unconstitutional searches and seizures are unrealistic?

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

What basis do you have to say unequivocally without a doubt that that is unrealistic and can you argument why unconstitutional searches and seizures are unrealistic?

What do you have that proves it’s realistic? Don’t cry about getting killed when you do these types of stop and search procedures, or revamp the police department so we don’t have a reason to kill PD members on the regular 

Edited by Stiggz
19 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

What do you have that proves it’s realistic? Don’t cry about getting killed when you do these types of stop and search procedures, or revamp the police department so we don’t have a reason to kill PD members on the regular 

You said it’s unrealistic, it’s your argument. You can’t shift the burden of proof to me. So what basis do you have to say unequivocally without a doubt that that is unrealistic, and can you argument why unconstitutional searches and seizures are unrealistic? In the absence of such I am led to believe you’re not only deceptive but lying as well.

Edited by eTaylor
23 hours ago, Stiggz said:

It’s rarely ever “a known gang member” honestly, I think they’ll search you if your character is black or Hispanic. You can claim it’s realistic but it really isn’t. 

...?

This is the biggest fallacy ever.

I have yet to see LSPD cops RPing racist (or atleast letting race actually influence their decision), and I know a lot. I am one. If you are treated differently it is likely because of your IC attitude or the region in which you are interacting with the cop.

Vinewood, Davis and ULSA. In every region, my character will treat anyone in a different way. In davis they'll be on edge. They'll avoid interaction or be extra careful. And this means extra officers involved or safety searches when I can.

On ULSA, my character won't be afraid to stand solo versus 10 students. I don't do anything unless the circumstances lead me to reasonably.

In vinewood, my character won't be afraid to do anything alone either.

I have, however, seen them doing searches&arrests that wouldn't fly IRL. I have seen this happen in every area of the city. In many of those cases, the criminal pleads guilty if it leads to arrest.

In the rare event they plead not guilty, the DA sets them free or the judge considers them innocent most of the times.

If you plead guilty, don't complain about unrealistic behavior from PD/SD.

9 hours ago, Stiggz said:

Can you provide a link to the court case in which the evidence of this event would be provided?