What happened to the Davis LTD?

RoyalPainter

I mean, nothing is really stopping people from roleplaying there anyway, no? Perhaps there is no profit in it, but people can still use the station building.

If anything, this feels like an improvement, as now the people there are people that genuinely seek roleplay, with no real script to make it un/official.

Kinda funny how the main illegal sided argument is "people were upset their sports cars got stolen"

I've never roleplayed one of those rich characters or anything like that, but are we forgetting they never really had a choice? The script literally made them drive to the middle of the ghetto to buy a cup of coffee, a camera, or a candy bar. Way I see it, most of you are just toxic as fuck and hate legal roleplayers. I get it, some of them are stupidly annoying and I won't name names, but get real, man. 

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
On 2/3/2021 at 2:44 AM, Dom. said:

Kinda funny how the main illegal sided argument is "people were upset their sports cars got stolen"

I've never roleplayed one of those rich characters or anything like that, but are we forgetting they never really had a choice? The script literally made them drive to the middle of the ghetto to buy a cup of coffee, a camera, or a candy bar. Way I see it, most of you are just toxic as fuck and hate legal roleplayers. I get it, some of them are stupidly annoying and I won't name names, but get real, man. 

Maybe, I apologize if I was toxic myself but I think there's a general disbalance in both sides with retards on the illegal side farming PF guns and legal roleplayers with corporate jobs driving in sports cars down there. I think overall the script needs a rebalance but I personally haven't seen a legal roleplayer not get what they don't deserve like sometimes they just come down to antagonize known gang members. It's difficult.

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

I rarely saw any theft at David Ltd (though on occasion it did happen).

I’d much more regularly (like multiple times per day), see some players literally doing nothing other than bait people and / or death match others, but the people involved were often both terrible RPers and it was complete cringe to watch unfold.

If you don't want to see theft and crime in general, don't come RPing in South Los Santos. lol. What do people expect coming to the servers equivalent of South Central? I can link dozens of shootings (and other crimes) taking place IRL at gas stations and such in areas similar.

If you want a safe haven, with no crime and no violence? Richman and surroundings are where I'd suggest RPing lol.

• Upvote 2
On 2/3/2021 at 1:44 AM, Dom. said:

Didn't have a choice? Made them? You can't honestly say the script made them do anything.. At the end of the day it is their characters choice to choose to go to that location risking said vehicle or anything else they are afraid of losing. Realistically If I know for a fact that I owned a sports car or just didn't want to be robbed in general I wouldn't go to that area no matter if it was the only open shop or not. The script is just made to bring more rpers together to a specific location where player to player rp can be done. Just because its the only one available doesn't mean you HAVE to go. You always have the option of either waiting for another LTD to open or just not going at all since your character would find it to be unsafe for them. And just for the record I do Legal and Illegal rp but get real, man...

11 minutes ago, Yerrr said:

If you don't want to see theft and crime in general, don't come RPing in South Los Santos. lol. What do people expect coming to the servers equivalent of South Central? I can link dozens of shootings (and other crimes) taking place IRL at gas stations and such in areas similar.

If you want a safe haven, with no crime and no violence? Richman and surroundings are where I'd suggest RPing lol.

If you bothered to read my post, I never mentioned illegal RP because his had zero to do with illegal RP as the high volume of the daily firefights that occurred there had little to no RP behind them.

If you're idea of criminal RP is deathmatching or bait RP, i.e. 

X: 'Yo, Moron'.

Y: 'Who you calling a Moron'?

X/Y: *shots fired*

Then you really should hang out with the many criminal RPers that actually, well, RP.

Unfortunately Davis LTD attracted these kind of players in large quantities. Having had a character in the midst of this as they were around the gangs in Grove Street who actually portrayed gang RP far better, I can assure you that many players of gangs found them a blight in the area.

2 minutes ago, blast said:

Didn't have a choice? Made them? You can't honestly say the script made them do anything.. At the end of the day it is their characters choice to choose to go to that location risking said vehicle or anything else they are afraid of losing. Realistically If I know for a fact that I owned a sports car or just didn't want to be robbed in general I wouldn't go to that area no matter if it was the only open shop or not. The script is just made to bring more rpers together to a specific location where player to player rp can be done. Just because its the only one available doesn't mean you HAVE to go. You always have the option of either waiting for another LTD to open or just not going at all since your character would find it to be unsafe for them. And just for the record I do Legal and Illegal rp but get real, man...

Well yes, you can make the arguement that it's their choice to go to the LTD and RP there, the other problem is that you DIDNT have the choice to go to the others. If you went to any NPC/Script store it'd tell you to go to the open one, but if I remember a person ALSO couldn't open another general store up, if someone opened Davis LTD then that was it, you had to go there.

From all the fuckin' war stories you hear about the place and because of this specific issue where if it opened you had no actual choice to go there, (some for ooc reasons, not just RP) and everyone being herded to Davis. It wasn't an LTD, it was a PubG

• Wuhtah locked this topic