Why your character shouldn't have a gun

Fusco

Just now, Juicy said:

@FuscoI do apologize for coming off as rude, I didn’t get what you meant but I agree accessibility is a bit over the top on the server now that I do. You just didn’t do a very good way of explaining it lol

I agree. I didn't really explained well to you guys, but I'm glad y'all understand what I meant.

Am I the only legal roleplayer that chooses to not carry a gun simply because it provides a In-Character & OOC game mechanic challenge that I have to be slightly more creative about when roleplaying?

- I can't go anywhere I want, because I don't carry a gun

- I can't yell or attack anyone I want, because I don't have a gun to back me up

- When I hear shots, I better hope I have NIKE's on, because I am out of there.

- I need to make meaningful relationships with people who do carry guns to be my protection

I personally believe that everyone who carries a gun are hampering their ability to fully extend the possibilities you can roleplay when you actually have to roleplay TRUE fear. Not the fake "I don't want to be forum reported" type of fear. I went to Davis LTD the other day for the Arcade business that was there and upon leaving, I literally ran for my life because a person approached me. Once you allow yourself to be on the losers side out of pure choice, you'll find it much more fun. /shrug

Edited by disnep
1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Carrying a gun doesn't automatically mean you do all of these things.

I never state that though. It is simply a consequence of not carrying a gun. I am willing to bet I am less inclined to go to Davis over someone who carries a gun.

1 minute ago, disnep said:

I never state that though. It is simply a consequence of not carrying a gun. I am willing to bet I am less inclined to go to Davis over someone who carries a gun.

I carry a gun and I never go to Davis. What are you trying to say? There are places some people have no reason to go regardless of carrying a firearm or not. There are things people have no reason to do regardless of carrying a firearm or not.

Picking a fight with someone or going to a gang infested area? The desire to do these things do not change just because you have a gun.

9 minutes ago, disnep said:

Am I the only legal roleplayer that chooses to not carry a gun simply because it provides a In-Character & OOC game mechanic challenge that I have to be slightly more creative about when roleplaying?

- I can't go anywhere I want, because I don't carry a gun

I also don't carry a gun because my character doesn't want to carry a gun, and I don't want the hassle of owning a gun when I live in Rancho and I'm not gang affiliated. Any gunfight is going to end up with two sides blasting me if I pull anyway.

This has never stopped my character from going anywhere that they wanted to go. 😄

Just now, Marksman said:

I carry a gun and I never go to Davis. What are you trying to say? There are places some people have no reason to go regardless of carrying a firearm or not. There are things people have no reason to do regardless of carrying a firearm or not.

Picking a fight with someone or going to a gang infested area? The desire to do these things do not change just because you have a gun.

A great example I had a couple of months ago. Davis LTD was the only open grocery store open and because of the script I couldn't go anywhere else. I also couldn't IC:ly go there because of the gun violence and my lack of being armed. I am not specifically saying because YOU own a gun you CAN or DO go to these places. I just saying that you are more inclined in a crunch to go to these areas as opposed to myself.

When picking a fight with someone, I meant getting into a heated verbal argument with a stranger. I had that happen in a cafe and had to back down over the fear of being assaulted with a gun when I wasn't armed.

14 minutes ago, disnep said:

A great example I had a couple of months ago. Davis LTD was the only open grocery store open and because of the script I couldn't go anywhere else. I also couldn't IC:ly go there because of the gun violence and my lack of being armed. I am not specifically saying because YOU own a gun you CAN or DO go to these places. I just saying that you are more inclined in a crunch to go to these areas as opposed to myself.

When picking a fight with someone, I meant getting into a heated verbal argument with a stranger. I had that happen in a cafe and had to back down over the fear of being assaulted with a gun when I wasn't armed.

So when you get into an argument you escalate it to a point where you can draw guns if you have one? 

Just now, eTaylor said:

So when you get into an argument you escalate it to a point where you can draw guns if you have one? 

There has been a few times were fists have been thrown based off words, or people wanting to stand their ground to the point where they are willing to shoot just to get it over with, This is GTAW after all.

1 minute ago, disnep said:

There has been a few times were fists have been thrown based off words, or people wanting to stand their ground to the point where they are willing to shoot just to get it over with, This is GTAW after all.

But you’re talking about yourself? Or are you throwing around hypotheticals? You didn’t clarify as such.

• Wuhtah locked this topic