Why your character shouldn't have a gun

Fusco

8 hours ago, Stiggz said:

>Vice

ok man lmao you’re from Britain or something please don’t try to explain my country to me 

Actually, his exactly right, I don’t know what fantasy world your living in mate.

I’m British and I can tell you people are going over to America and buying firearms at them exact conventions with no ID or permit then smuggling them back to Britain hidden inside car parts etc on boats to sell them for a much higher price on our little island.

Most illegal firearms have been coming from Europe for a very long time but recently American firearms are slowly over taking the British black market because the yanks will literally sell guns to anyone, lol.

2 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

Actually, his exactly right, I don’t know what fantasy world your living in mate.

I’m British and I can tell you people are going over to America and buying firearms at them exact conventions with no ID or permit then smuggling them back to Britain hidden inside car parts etc on boats to sell them for a much higher price on our little island.

Most illegal firearms have been coming from Europe for a very long time but recently American firearms are slowly over taking the British black market because the yanks will literally sell guns to anyone, lol.

Citation needed

Edited by Stiggz
8 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

yea but not in california which is what we're basing our RP on. Cali is a strongly leftist state and you can't even open carry. Yes in some states you can open carry, buy guns at conventions without a permit, ect. But that's not federal law, it's state law.

@Pathway @Stiggz

EDIT: If that explanation is too long, briefly summed up. This is NOT California. It doesn’t even exist in our world. Actually look up the San Andreas laws we made, their a lot less strict gun wise than “California”. 

California doesn’t even exist in the GTA world lore. Yes, we are loosely based on California and Los Angeles but we are not a one to one replica, in fact their are a lot of inconsistencies. The laws in San Andreas and the laws of California are actually different. We’ve made the laws somewhat different to fit our server. 

Gun laws are fairly loose in San Andreas. Theirs literally no background checks minus a criminal one. You say you want a gun and you get a licence, no questions asked. No medical checks, no house checks etc. You want a CCW? You take a 5 minute test asking you to label a gun that any 6 year old who has played CoD could answer. Open carry is now legal, as long as it’s not in the city. San Andreas is not as light on gun laws as Texas but it’s also not as strict as IRL California from my understanding (what from our roleplay perspective, does not even exist). 

You said in “my country”, a country refers to the whole “United States” so I pointed out the situation of guns from Florida being sold throughout the UK. However, what’s to stop out of state firearm shows being roleplayed? What’s to stop legal gun conventions being roleplayed? What’s to stop giving people the choice of constructing illegal sales at legal conventions at their own risk? 

If you didn’t know, we don’t just roleplay Californian laws. We have our own laws that have actually been created in character and we have an in character government constantly making new laws. The strict laws that govern a gun show in California do NOT exist in San Andreas. In California, even private sale purchases are meant to go through someone who is a licensed dealer. In San Andreas, its legal to do private sale purchases without anyone “chaperoning you”. Therefore it’s completely possible to use the “private sale loophole” that happens at gun shows. 

I honestly couldn’t care less if they implemented any of them things, I’m a legal role-player. However my point is, this isn’t California. The laws are not identical to California. Gun laws are less strict in the fictional state of San Andreas than they are California. There are many states where this stuff does happen and based on San Andreas laws, we could be one of them states. 

Edited by orangejuice
  • Upvote 1

An issue that I have noticed is that some people create their character to be as OP ( Overpowered} as possible, they start up their character as a veteran for an example and can't stick to their background story, I once RP-ed with a player that RP-ed being a veteran and served in the military, he went and applied for a PF and CCW, he did all this while RP-ing his character having heavy PTSD and different disorders, he also RP-ed being fearless so those type of players should be denied to apply. I personally think it should be harder for civilians to apply for a weapon license, they should take some sort of medical test etc... ingame, there's a few trigger happy people that just shoots for the fun of it.

When I was trucking I'd carry the bare minimum cash to buy crates and get more out on the ride back. I've had cars box me in and order me out at gunpoint and when I've thrown them a wallet of like... 1850$ they'd gun me down for trying to cheat them and then they'd take my bottle of Sprunk that I also had. Maybe if they didn't take my Sprunk I wouldn't have to go down the John Wick arc. 

This doesn't seem to happen as often anymore, which is nice, but I'm keeping my gun.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:38 AM, orangejuice said:

@Pathway @Stiggz

EDIT: If that explanation is too long, briefly summed up. This is NOT California. It doesn’t even exist in our world. Actually look up the San Andreas laws we made, their a lot less strict gun wise than “California”. 

California doesn’t even exist in the GTA world lore. Yes, we are loosely based on California and Los Angeles but we are not a one to one replica, in fact their are a lot of inconsistencies. The laws in San Andreas and the laws of California are actually different. We’ve made the laws somewhat different to fit our server. 

Gun laws are fairly loose in San Andreas. Theirs literally no background checks minus a criminal one. You say you want a gun and you get a licence, no questions asked. No medical checks, no house checks etc. You want a CCW? You take a 5 minute test asking you to label a gun that any 6 year old who has played CoD could answer. Open carry is now legal, as long as it’s not in the city. San Andreas is not as light on gun laws as Texas but it’s also not as strict as IRL California from my understanding (what from our roleplay perspective, does not even exist). 

You said in “my country”, a country refers to the whole “United States” so I pointed out the situation of guns from Florida being sold throughout the UK. However, what’s to stop out of state firearm shows being roleplayed? What’s to stop legal gun conventions being roleplayed? What’s to stop giving people the choice of constructing illegal sales at legal conventions at their own risk? 

If you didn’t know, we don’t just roleplay Californian laws. We have our own laws that have actually been created in character and we have an in character government constantly making new laws. The strict laws that govern a gun show in California do NOT exist in San Andreas. In California, even private sale purchases are meant to go through someone who is a licensed dealer. In San Andreas, its legal to do private sale purchases without anyone “chaperoning you”. Therefore it’s completely possible to use the “private sale loophole” that happens at gun shows. 

I honestly couldn’t care less if they implemented any of them things, I’m a legal role-player. However my point is, this isn’t California. The laws are not identical to California. Gun laws are less strict in the fictional state of San Andreas than they are California. There are many states where this stuff does happen and based on San Andreas laws, we could be one of them states. 

Even if this was california, people will just travel to other states to get guns without ID and then come back, its just 2 hours to go and 2 hours to return, then fucking profit. That's how gun trafficking works... Moving guns from Point A to B, you don't fucking know how many people moved that gun from point A to B around the world... Even in 2019 you could see people trying to export guns/drugs/whatever via airports in hidden stashes. So what's the problem? USA is a country than guns are everywhere, as you said... People managed to move guns from Florida to UK, it wouldnt be easier to move a gun from Atlantla/Florida to California than crossing the entire sea and dealing with customs?

If a 15 years old can get a .45 Ghost Gun in California, then it's not that hard.

Saugus High School shooting - Wikipedia

Edited by Xaleya
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic