Official Status

Sinister

19 hours ago, Sinatra said:

I think this discussion holds exclusive to illegal RPers. I've noticed the vast majority of individuals who completely disagree with the proposal don't even RP in the illegal side of the server. Although I think valuing LEO RPers and legal RPers is nice, the change wouldn't really affect you. 

So that means, even if I'm not currently in an illegal faction, that I can't participate in this discussion? The fact that I'm a member of legal faction doesn't mean I don't directly participate in the Roleplay with illegal factions. That doesn't mean I never Roleplayed illegal factions. That doesn't mean I won't make an alt character THIS MOMENT and start Roleplaying for an illegal faction. You're all just pissed because most of the community is against it, because it would only create toxic environment, as this same discussion created it. Suck it up, and appreciate opinions of other people. And every change would affect me, the faction I'm Roleplaying in, and even PD/SD. System itself works pretty fine as it is now, official faction system would just make many problems, and if you're playing only to get that GOLDEN OFFICIAL STATUS, then I really don't know what to say to you. Play for fun. And I personally don't want to see measuring who's penis is bigger, as we could see in 10+ pages on this discussion.

Edited by .Pluto.
17 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Factions here on GTA:W are separated into legal and illegal factions but this is not even the point.

I don't see myself talking about classifying factions, matter of fact I've only mentioned classifying individuals whom I referred to as "Roleplayers", I don't believe it's obligatory to join a faction; whether it's legal or illegal to be able to roleplay on the server, and even though does it mean for me to roleplay in an outlaw faction to be ultimately classified as an "illegal roleplayer", c'mon dude.

17 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I want to remind people that this isn’t LS:RP and things can be subject to change but the general idea of this appears to be accepted by a vast majority of players who currently have factions which they lead or are contributing to on the server.

It's literally a copy-paste of LSRP's faction system. The whole idea is bad, you can't be like "Oh this is a great faction I'm gonna pin your thread" to one faction and then act like "Nah this is trash y'all remaining unpinned" to another because first of, that's just like saying "We allow trash factions to exist but only as they remain unpinned", another reason is that it's gonna breed elitism, it's gonna be toxic and it will bring more headache to IFM than anything ever would.

It used to exist here though, but got removed for a reason, because it was bad.

Edited by Guest

Another reason this is a bad idea is because people won't distribute themselves among those pinned and unpinned factions, everyone is going to dedicate themselves to those factions on the top of the list and those on the bottom will remain in a closed circle of those who are OOC friends and no one else, that kills the whole game, it's like putting it bold that those on the bottom are utter shit and as if you're telling people not to bother to give them a look or just see what's up, I'm saying this because that's what I've always done on LSRP with their faction system.

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, Uriz said:

Another reason this is a bad idea is because people won't distribute themselves among those pinned and unpinned factions, everyone is going to dedicate themselves to those factions on the top of the list and those on the bottom will remain in a closed circle of those who are OOC friends and no one else, that kills the whole game, it's like putting it bold that those on the bottom are utter shit and as if you're telling people not to bother to give them a look or just see what's up, I'm saying this because that's what I've always done on LSRP with their faction system.

If we wanna keep talking previous communities then what you’re saying here is just false. There were plenty of unofficial factions with 20+ members and I’m talking a lot. I think you should look back at my comment to you where I said this isn’t LS:RP and the system could be subject to change here.

Let’s try to avoid the spam too so we can let others voice their opinions.

16 minutes ago, Sinister said:

If we wanna keep talking previous communities then what you’re saying here is just false. There were plenty of unofficial factions with 20+ members and I’m talking a lot. I think you should look back at my comment to you where I said this isn’t LS:RP and the system could be subject to change here.

Dog, let me break it down for you.

For pinning certain factions on forums I just clarified my point in the comment above. 

Guns and drugs perks will never be a thing dude, it's been said before. If you're leading a faction and in need of resources then get yourself a plug otherwise just don't go for it, if someone is willing to open a faction and lead it they're supposed to know how to get connected, it's nothing but basics of those who do gang/mob roleplay. You don't need an imaginary stash coming down from the sky for your faction to thrive, if you want it to thrive then just do it yourself!

Most factions within the current supplier system are plugged, admins do send plugs certain amounts of stash regularly and those who receive their stash are obligated to distribute them as soon as possible as they can't receive the next load for the next time unless they're out of that stash they received at the first time, what your idea is all about inflating drugs amount in the server, same with guns and just turn this into a whole team death match by just getting guns from your imaginary supplier and throwing gang signs on the corner trying to start beef because that might be the only thing left for you to have, keep the supplier system going because it brings roleplay to both street gangs and organized crime groups, most DTO's fight over drugs distribution in real life and once this system you're suggesting gets activated you've literally sentenced every DTO to death, you've also killed the role of the Mexican Mafia in the server and couple of other prison gangs who rely on distributing drugs over the lower street gangs.

Having color tags on forums harms no one so go for it, not a big deal.

I'm just debating on why this won't work, not even close to spamming.

Edited by Guest
Typo
58 minutes ago, Sinister said:

LSRP seems to be the inspiration and saying "this can be subject to change" isn't a detailed explanation of how it'll be different. People aren't spamming, they are rightfully pointing out the flaws in the system. The only people spamming are the people for the suggestion who keep rehashing the same three defenses without addressing any points.

1. Reread the thread
  2. If you disagree you must be a LEO so stfu
  3. This would fix illegal RP, you just hate illegal RP
16 hours ago, Pathway said:

henning speaking facts, this conversation is going in circles, nobody wants to admit they are wrong. LSRP fanboys just want this added even though I have been in many facs on that server and the official ones were objectively the worst, they were just best at hiding it and had the best screens.

facts

This can really go both ways. Sure, it's great if ALL of the factions that are going to get official will be of highest standards and so on, but we all know that won't be the case. I'm not throwing shade on anyone here, but sometimes factions that aren't really the pinnacle of quality may get picked just because they have tons of content and have been around since Moses wore short pants. Even if we give FM infinite wisdom, the factions that were close to getting the status and end up not getting it will just end up angry and disappointed.

This would have negative implications too, the positive ones were spoken of before here so I won't repeat. I think we can move towards something better than an official system or even the current one.

1 hour ago, Henning said:

LSRP seems to be the inspiration and saying "this can be subject to change" isn't a detailed explanation of how it'll be different. People aren't spamming, they are rightfully pointing out the flaws in the system. The only people spamming are the people for the suggestion who keep rehashing the same three defenses without addressing any points.

1. Reread the thread
  2. If you disagree you must be a LEO so stfu
  3. This would fix illegal RP, you just hate illegal RP

If you read the first post it says right there in the first few words the system isn’t original in any way, meaning this has been used in countless servers not just LS:RP. 

The reason I’m saying we can have a modified version of that system and things can be subject to change is for the people who aren’t fully on the fence with the subject and that players who are reasonable are open for discussion, not shooting down ideas immediately with little to no explanation.

I’m addressing people who are new to the conversation to re-read the original post as the conversation has gone in several different directions and some comments here are charged with negativity towards individuals. I don’t hate people for having different opinions but it seems like that’s the narrative that’s being pushed on a majority of people who are agreeing with my post.

I have already addressed my points in the post that has been created, that is my personal opinion and I provided what I think are positive and benefit this community as a whole. The other two points you just said I have no idea where that came from but it’s not from me personally.

Keep the thoughts flowing and let me know what you guys think. It seems people think that this idea in general is better than the current system which rewards anyone for just simply creating a faction.

There is a large portion of people who get behind the thought of working towards a goal. The system proposed creates longevity with factions and makes everyone strive to be better as a whole, experienced or inexperienced.

I'm going to point something out real quick. If you notice those who are arguing about having a badge or status to claim some sort of superiority are those with the massive platinum/gold donator tags that had to be specifically added to their forum accounts. That's a little hypocritical, don't you think so?  

Edited by Sicario
  • Upvote 2
  • Bospy locked this topic