Official Status

Sinister

The idea of having a official status is not a original idea on it's own but rather one that has been around this community for over a decade long. Many of you are familiar with the process of legal and illegal factions obtaining the 'official status' and what exactly that means.

For new players who haven't heard of this system, it's the state in which a faction progresses on the server into it's highest form. Something that marks the pinnacle moment in a faction's life, those who have shown quality roleplay, dedication and have strived to set a standard for other factions to follow in their foot steps have in return been rewarded with being a 'official' faction of the server. What follows is your faction being marked at the top of the page along with others, in-game benefits such as drug and weapon supplies at a frequent rate for official illegal factions as well as a few other bells and whistles such as custom colors on forum names. 

Official status in my opinion is something that this server not only needs but can highly benefit from, not only does it create competition on the server but it sets the bar higher and higher for every faction that has the ambition to reach this goal. It creates a transparent community with the faction management team in which you're communicating with on a regular basis, allowing you to express your questions or concerns that you may have as a faction of the server and in return keeps people engaged in the community. The thought of official status gives leaders and members something to work for, something to look forward to achieving, it gives new factions something to be inspired by and to give meaning to their hard work.

In my personal opinion the current system regarding illegal roleplay is flawed in several ways and I know I'm not sharing this opinion alone. As a person who's been granted the privilege of being a drug supplier, I have seen some changes that are in the right direction but I feel it's not enough. Writing a story for a supplier application should not be the only requirement to receive a large sum of weapons and narcotics, but for now that's the only thing that's in place. People need something to look forward to that motivates them every time they log in, something to keep things fresh. Those who should be rewarded are the factions who have put in not only the effort but the quality and roleplay standard that this server wants to portray as a whole. I'm looking forward to see some community feedback about this to see how many people support this system.

Edited by Sinister
  • Upvote 26
  • Applaud 1

I believe this server does a great injustice to not have official status as an option. Not only does it remove the incentive to create a long lasting strong faction, but it also removes any precedent for future factions to follow. There will never be any legendary factions or "good times" on this server because great factions fall into the same pool as the shit ones. When new players come to the server they should be displayed the best factions by having them at the top at all times via a pin. I firmly think this is the only real thing holding the illegal scene back on the server.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if I'm right about this but I believe GTA:W had a form of official status prior, which was good. 

Official status is a benefit that prioritizes factions that play within the server's rules and set the bar for role-play. I think over time players were fed up with official status due to the nature of how it was obtained and how long it took. In my opinion, without official status there is no way to provide deserving factions with benefits. I'm not saying to take away any current systems, but maybe implement them in steps. Provide factions with a ladder to prove their worth.

If a new player joins the server, they look at the factions forum. If a pinned faction is there, they will look into that one as they were open the longest and provide quality role-play. It benefits the faction more too as it provides more members and realism. I feel there is no way to decipher the difference between factions long-term. The history and the benefits of making a faction are much more worth it.

• Upvote 1

I agree fully with this. It must be of paramount importance for people to understand that “official faction” isn’t another word for “admin supported” or “handfed”.

Simply think of it as a tick of approval from IFM, as something which most factions if not all should bring their roleplay quality up to.

On the other hand, the system you're promoting serves as the perfect breeding ground for elitism and bias. GTA W takes a different path in that it assesses your ability to roleplay well and grants you the means to do so. It grants factions the means to enter the server realistically — with resources that allow them to support their narrative.

This system isn't ideal but it's a definite winner between the two. 

Edited by yerro
  • Upvote 3
1 minute ago, yerro said:

On the other hand, the system you're promoting serves as the perfect breeding ground for elitism and bias. GTA W takes a different path in that it assesses your ability to roleplay well and grants you the means to do so. It grants factions the means to enter the server realistically — with resources that allows them to support their narrative.

This system isn't ideal but it's a definite winner between the two. 

When it comes to rewarding the hand that's been around for months working hard to better the server and the hand that has done nothing to earn it, I'll choose the deserving hand every time.  There is no reason a brand new faction with a supplier role should have equal leverage over a faction that's been around for over a year. It is simply a slap in the face to hard work and commitment. 

A system like this being put in place will not only reward long standing factions as many above have stated but will showcase the type of quality roleplay standards needed in the illegal scene. If implemented I think it will only serve the community for the better.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, arkan said:

A system like this being put in place will not only reward long standing factions as many above have stated but will showcase the type of quality roleplay standards needed in the illegal scene. If implemented I think it will only serve the community for the better.

• Bospy locked this topic