The Cayo Perico Heist - What we do and do not know

Marksman

3 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Due to Santa Catalina being the closest island to mainland California, the weather and foliage present.

Alright then, seems like we both agreed on something. 

We can start moving on with life now. 👏

image.thumb.png.1afccf6d214e3aa30427773937c69710.png

Edited by iFlyKid

I don't really think that this island is based off of Catalina Island though. To me, it seems more like an island in Central America due to the fact that the signs on the island are in Spanish, but I guess that just to make it easier for the GTAW team, they might implement it as a part of the US and maybe it might be treated as Catalina Island, but we'll see... 

TBH though...

I just want somewhere to go on vacation. Like, imagine going with your rp friends over to Cayo Perico, going to some beach nightclubs, relaxing at a resort or at the beach, maybe even exploring a bit of the wildlife on the island? Who knows? If the island isn't treated like North Yankton (aka teleporting to the island), then there could be boat rides to the island for a cheaper price or take the plane if you want to get to your destination much more quickly, but for a more expensive price. 

We'll see what the team comes up with. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Connor Peterson said:

I don't really think that this island is based off of Catalina Island though. To me, it seems more like an island in Central America due to the fact that the signs on the island are in Spanish, but I guess that just to make it easier for the GTAW team, they might implement it as a part of the US and maybe it might be treated as Catalina Island, but we'll see... 

TBH though...

I just want somewhere to go on vacation. Like, imagine going with your rp friends over to Cayo Perico, going to some beach nightclubs, relaxing at a resort or at the beach, maybe even exploring a bit of the wildlife on the island? Who knows? If the island isn't treated like North Yankton (aka teleporting to the island), then there could be boat rides to the island for a cheaper price or take the plane if you want to get to your destination much more quickly, but for a more expensive price. 

We'll see what the team comes up with. 

What signs? There is ONE sign we've seen thus far.

da0f4e428c753f01f7bbacf936c96100.jpg

In todays video, El Rubio specifically says, and I quote, "You're not on the mainland now", referring to San Andreas. 

This, very clearly, is not apart of Central America or Mexico or anything. It is yet to be seen if this is an island in the territories of the United States of America, but it's not bloody Nicaragua lmfao.

What we're able to do on the island with GTAW depends entirely on what the island provides. If it provides commercial and residential properties, we can use it as another place for players to reside. Interact with the illegala contraband trade with the mainland, so on. If not, then its uses are very limited.

22 minutes ago, Marksman said:

In todays video, El Rubio specifically says, and I quote, "You're not on the mainland now", referring to San Andreas. 

This, very clearly, is not apart of Central America or Mexico or anything. It is yet to be seen if this is an island in the territories of the United States of America, but it's not bloody Nicaragua lmfao.

What we're able to do on the island with GTAW depends entirely on what the island provides. If it provides commercial and residential properties, we can use it as another place for players to reside. Interact with the illegala contraband trade with the mainland, so on. If not, then its uses are very limited.

If it’s gonna be a thing I hope it’s gonna be treated as a foreign island 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Marksman said:

True, in the trailer, El Rubio does mention that statement. Maybe this is some sort of Puerto Rico? Who knows? 

27 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

If it’s gonna be a thing I hope it’s gonna be treated as a foreign island 

YES! I hope it is, though you would have to roleplay having your papers checked and all that, but I am down for that. 

1 minute ago, Connor Peterson said:

True, in the trailer, El Rubio does mention that statement. Maybe this is some sort of Puerto Rico? Who knows? 

No, it's just an island off the coast of San Andreas.

Not difficult to comprehend.

Edited by Marksman

The description on the video literally says what it is.

"Anything goes on Cayo Perico, a private paradise that's home to the infamous El Rubio, the world’s preeminent narcotrafficker and supplier to the Madrazo family. "

Private island owned by a drug trafficker. I doubt it's going to have much of a residential commercial infrastructure rather just a party island with some buildings and completely tailored to a big heist mission. 

13 minutes ago, Marksman said:

No, it's just an island off the coast of San Andreas.

Not difficult to comprehend.

Yikes, must all of your posts be quite so abrasive? Can we not let people speculate?

The new artwork seems to show a pontoon-less Sparrow helicopter so here’s to hoping that will get added to the server soon!

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Mike. said:

Yikes, must all of your posts be quite so abrasive? Can we not let people speculate?

The new artwork seems to show a pontoon-less Sparrow helicopter so here’s to hoping that will get added to the server soon!

There's little to speculate on some things.

I doubt they care enough about aviation roleplayers to add a pontoon-less version if the pre-existing Sea Sparrow hasn't been. Moreso if old radial cylinder aircraft still cost more than a house in the middle of Vespucci.