The Cayo Perico Heist - What we do and do not know

Marksman

11 hours ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I think this is likely based off of one of the islands off the coast of Cali, there was a lot of speculation for Cuba but considering Rockstar confirmed it was a private island it'd make more sense for it not to be based on Cuba.

Cuba is off the side to Florida, not California

Seeing as it's probably not going to be up to GTAW to decide whether to implement it or not (with the island just being part of the game as much as Paleto Bay or Mt Chiliad are), I feel like it's a good idea to discuss the place it's going to hold in the GTAW lore. Which is, I'm guessing, a question for the continuity team.

Would love to hear from its members tbh, just to see if there are any plans for it yet. And I certainly hope it'll be incorporated into the GTAW lore in a realistic way.

29 minutes ago, yerro said:

Seeing as it's probably not going to be up to GTAW to decide whether to implement it or not (with the island just being part of the game as much as Paleto Bay or Mt Chiliad are), I feel like it's a good idea to discuss the place it's going to hold in the GTAW lore. Which is, I'm guessing, a question for the continuity team.

Would love to hear from its members tbh, just to see if there are any plans for it yet. And I certainly hope it'll be incorporated into the GTAW lore in a realistic way.

It's under discussion.

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, HaveADream said:

It's under discussion.

If you happen to be taking suggestions, I think tourism is the best option. Though I guess the question is, what landmark would we RP it as. I take it Catalina Island is the best bet, but technically we could RP it as a farther removed area, perhaps even Hawaii. 🙂

46 minutes ago, yerro said:

If you happen to be taking suggestions, I think tourism is the best option. Though I guess the question is, what landmark would we RP it as. I take it Catalina Island is the best bet, but technically we could RP it as a farther removed area, perhaps even Hawaii. 🙂

Ah yes Hawaii. Well known for its single island. Also known to be within shouting distance from the coast of California.