"Cayo Perico" in GTA:W?

Beholder

I really hope the island is diverse enough to allow for both legal and illegal roleplay. We could have charter flights, boat tours, farming, fishing trips, hotels, drug smuggling, a local community, a small Sheriff’s outpost (or something) and so on. Of course we haven’t seen the whole place yet but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that R* hasn’t just created a fortified cartel island.

Like another poster said, I think this is one of the most interesting additions to GTA V since its launch.

12 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

If you compare the street sizes on the island to the one on the “mainland” map, and fit them to scale, its not hard to get an impression on how big the island will be.

You’re right. 

Which is why that map is pure speculation. It was drawn out of guesses. The street sizes on that drawing are guesses. It is a big fat guess. 

51 minutes ago, Marksman said:

You’re right. 

Which is why that map is pure speculation. It was drawn out of guesses. The street sizes on that drawing are guesses. It is a big fat guess. 

Ooh I thought the streets were already determined and canon, my bad.

Yeah in that case the best guess is measuring that runway, which looks close to Sandy Shores.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

I think the island will have the size of the smallest suggested one on the resemblance map with the 3 possible outcomes compared to the airfields. 

Also, Rockstar sells the island very much like a cartel looking island and I will almost guarantee that since its a heist, it's a private island with some sort of drug lord living in that big mansion, with their farms around the island and uses boats and planes to transport the cargo.

I don't think it'll be fit for the public, when it releases if it were to be implanted. 

But I honestly think that it would be the perfect place for LSPD and special unit exercises, if you were to play off the entire island as a training ground.

Really looking forward to check it out in singleplayer, when it hits.

59 minutes ago, Jauss said:

But I honestly think that it would be the perfect place for LSPD and special unit exercises, if you were to play off the entire island as a training ground.

Honestly, I think this fits the best. Make the island to something that can't be accessed by the public and instead, make it for government's usage.

Edited by ThomasNoman
39 minutes ago, Jauss said:

I think the island will have the size of the smallest suggested one on the resemblance map with the 3 possible outcomes compared to the airfields. 

Yeah nah. It's much bigger than that, we can see from yesterdays trailer. MUCH bigger.

39 minutes ago, Jauss said:

Also, Rockstar sells the island very much like a cartel looking island and I will almost guarantee that since its a heist, it's a private island with some sort of drug lord living in that big mansion, with their farms around the island and uses boats and planes to transport the cargo.

It has the potential to house some residential and commercial buildings. I'm not going to hold my breath, but the potential and possibility is there.

40 minutes ago, Jauss said:

I don't think it'll be fit for the public, when it releases if it were to be implanted. 

That is entirely dependent on what it looks like and whats on the island.

40 minutes ago, Jauss said:

thats dumb