too many mobs

aldo

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

Aryan Brotherhood is part of the white car, doesn't have a thread which means it's not official, also AB is more organized crime, PENI doesn't have a thread either.

Ok so there are:

10 Organized Crime Factions (Mobs)

16 Street Gangs (Counting Tongva Nations street gang, thanks @DLimit)

7 Motorcycle Club

4 DTO's

2 Prison Gangs

And that doesn't include the street gangs who operate under The White Car that for some reason don't count because they don't have an official thread even though they have a very active presence in game. If it's not one thing it's another with gang RPers now a days it's something else. Your arguing semantics, there are clearly a large amount of street gangs on the server. Could we have more? I think so. Should we have more? Well from the looks of the faction archives I'd say no. There doesn't seem to be anyone who isn't already leading a faction who has the OOC maturity to run a faction in the street gang community.  75% of street gangs get closed because the faction gets caught breaking rules or the leader gets banned for being toxic OOC.

7 hours ago, Henning said:

Ok so there are:

7 Motorcycle Club

4 DTO's

2 Prison Gangs

And that doesn't include the street gangs who operate under The White Car that for some reason don't count because they don't have an official thread even though they have a very active presence in game. If it's not one thing it's another with gang RPers now a days it's something else. Your arguing semantics, there are clearly a large amount of street gangs on the server. Could we have more? I think so. Should we have more? Well from the looks of the faction archives I'd say no. There doesn't seem to be anyone who isn't already leading a faction who has the OOC maturity to run a faction in the street gang community.  75% of street gangs get closed because the faction gets caught breaking rules or the leader gets banned for being toxic OOC.

Speaking from my own experience, I know I’d love to make a street gang character and while there’s a lot of very solid roleplayers in street gang factions, there’s also a lot of toxicity there too. Violence and confrontation is inherently at the forefront of a lot of gang RP and unfortunately the OOC toxicity behind that always leads to admin reports and drawn out drama. I just want nothing to do with it. 

My main character is with an Italian-American OCG and while some people argue that LCN is done in LA (and whatever else goes with that tired old argument) there is very little, if any, OOC drama that comes with the Roleplay. So this is where I’ll stay. 

7 hours ago, Henning said:

Ok so there are:

7 Motorcycle Club

4 DTO's

2 Prison Gangs

Not like mob facs are immune to rule breaking, wasn't there a mob faction closed the other month for doxxing people and metagaming?

75% of street gangs get closed because the faction gets caught breaking rules or the leader gets banned for being toxic OOC.

You where probably over-exaggerating for effect but, only 3 archived factions I can think of that fit into this description, and two of them were ran by the same people. 

This isn't mobs vs streetgangs though, but it seems you are trying to act like street gangs specifically are bad or attract worse rp when there's just as much of that on the mob side.

3 hours ago, Pathway said:

This isn't mobs vs streetgangs though, but it seems you are trying to act like street gangs specifically are bad or attract worse rp when there's just as much of that on the mob side.

I'll just quote @Rickaroni since he said it better:

3 hours ago, Rickaroni said:

Speaking from my own experience, I know I’d love to make a street gang character and while there’s a lot of very solid roleplayers in street gang factions, there’s also a lot of toxicity there too. Violence and confrontation is inherently at the forefront of a lot of gang RP and unfortunately the OOC toxicity behind that always leads to admin reports and drawn out drama. I just want nothing to do with it. 

My main character is with an Italian-American OCG and while some people argue that LCN is done in LA (and whatever else goes with that tired old argument) there is very little, if any, OOC drama that comes with the Roleplay. So this is where I’ll stay. 

I personally don't think gangs attract worse RP, I think every subgenre has it's own idiots. But I think street gangs and their members are actually a lot harder to portray correctly then a lot of people think. I also think that a lot of the people who consider themselves street gang experts on this server are talking out their ass and quoting Streetgangs.com way to much because no matter how much information they cram into their thread or throw at you on the forums, their RP is still pretty low tier when you meet them IG. Worst part? Sometimes it's the people who bang on about being these experts on the forums who turn out to be the worst IG.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
On 11/27/2020 at 5:25 PM, insaned said:

way too many italians alone, tone it down

Honestly, when this thread started I thought we had a good balance. One family, a large crew and a small crew. But I mean, since this thread was made we've added 2 more LCN factions. Just because you can get five or six buddies together doesn't mean you should be allowed to start your own faction, there is a balance on the server that should be preserved.

Should this honestly really be a discussion? Let everyone enjoy their own thing for what it's worth. Don't force an unnecessary limit on mobs/gangs based on realism, because you will never be able to establish a proper 1:1 regardless of what you attempt. Instead, worry about the quality of roleplay provided and enjoy what you have. 

If you are really concerned over a faction's roleplay, just take it up with Faction Management.