4 Driving permits and Permanent Driving Bans

Busch

People are only seeing the endgame here. It all boils down to laws broken and the PD approach. If you really get 5 tickets in the span of few weeks you really deserve to go back to driving school again. For a pedestrian it's really a bloodsport just to cross the street, cause you don't see the speeding car usually. Only once it's right at you, which is too late of course. Normally such accident ends in death and your loss of driving license, plus jail time and that's reality. That is why the speed limits are in place to begin with. Evading only adds to your rap sheet and literally makes things much, much worse.

It's not even 1 on 1 realism, cause if we did that, cops would have to also investigate hours spent behind the wheel for truckers, cause they have limits.

If it was uber realistic cops can fine you also for muddy car, for license plate not being clearly visible and all that stuff.

2 hours ago, Engelbert said:

If it was uber realistic cops can fine you also for muddy car, for license plate not being clearly visible and all that stuff.

/me takes out the dirt-o-meter...  /checkdirt Ah sir it seems like your license plate is muddy...

Let's not get too crazy now please.

I think rather than (or in addition too), removing their license any reckless driving offense should mean their car is confiscated without compensation - players might think twice when losing a 200k car is on the table.

Note: I’m talking severe traffic offences, not regular tickets.

Of course neither option guarantees players being sensible but hitting people’s pocket is usually an effective method.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, sure. Seems like a nice addition but is it feasible at this point? There's currently a pending discussion in regards to traffic laws which are pretty unclear at the moment, if the revocation process was automated it would be possible that 90% people on the server would lose their licenses, because you can get fined for pretty much every single traffic code violation right now. Perhaps, you could try to establish some sort of DMV within the SAGOV? Also to my knowledge California has some very interesting systems when it comes to traffic code violations, (for example they've established a whole point system https://www.idrivesafely.com/dmv/california/laws/traffic-tickets-and-violations/ , those points also influence prices of your vehicular insurance, etc. very interesting system) so it might be also worth implementing.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA