4 Driving permits and Permanent Driving Bans

Busch

2 minutes ago, Redman. said:

As it stands now, long-term suspensions/revocations can be pursued on a case-by-case basis through the courts.

Does it happen though? I honestly don’t see anything curbing the ridiculous driving on the server at the moment. I see cases of it every day while I’m online, often several times a day. People seem to think it’s free roam, not a heavy RP server. Something isn’t working. 

Just now, Juicebox said:

Does it happen though? I honestly don’t see anything curbing the ridiculous driving on the server at the moment. I see cases of it every day while I’m online, often several times a day. People seem to think it’s free roam, not a heavy RP server. Something isn’t working. 

Don't think it's something regularly pursued - Seems to be on the individual cop to figure a way to forward it for prosecution, but working on a few proposals with in SD Traffic to make it happen more often. Alternatively, may be worthwhile to pursue a HTO clause within the penal code with politicians.

1 hour ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

No, this is still a game at the end of the day. If I wanted 1:1 realism I have a world outside my door. People get fines which is enough.

I may be wrong, but here's the thing, if you wanted to do it in your outside world, you wouldn't dare to drive like a maniac. We a putting a definite stop to these drivers, like it should be done in the real world. Fines are not enough because some dudes tend to drive like idiots. Also I'd like to point out it would only be used on severe cases, like drive on opposite lane, or even drivining over 40/50 MPH over speed limit maybe even hit and run would add you points. We are not talking about normal speeding tickets, or even failure to yeild. It's more the serious offenses truckers and racers tend to do now a days.

2 hours ago, Redman. said:

Don't think it's something regularly pursued - Seems to be on the individual cop to figure a way to forward it for prosecution, but working on a few proposals with in SD Traffic to make it happen more often. Alternatively, may be worthwhile to pursue a HTO clause within the penal code with politicians.

9 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I’d prefer it go through the courts instead of some street cop deciding such an impactful decision on my character just like that. This system would also not stop me from participating in a race or reckless driving at all. 

I agree with you two. This is something that should be implemented on the server, but it should go through the Courts. Supporting this, only if the system would go through the Courts.

36 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I’d prefer it go through the courts instead of some street cop deciding such an impactful decision on my character just like that. This system would also not stop me from participating in a race or reckless driving at all. 

You can go to courts after the cops take such impactful decision to think through your character's mistakes. It may be impactful, but needed to stop these nonsense of reckless driving, and yes it might not stop the character but every time he'll end up in jail for a good time. Plus we give space for taxis. And also reduce the amount o racers that are constantly disregarding the other RP since 2017.

35 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

You can go to courts after the cops take such impactful decision to think through your character's mistakes. It may be impactful, but needed to stop these nonsense of reckless driving, and yes it might not stop the character but every time he'll end up in jail for a good time. Plus we give space for taxis. And also reduce the amount o racers that are constantly disregarding the other RP since 2017.

Lol, if you think the courts and police work like that AND think this is going to somehow change driving I’d love to see your face when this backfires on you. What are you gonna suggest then, the removal of cars all together?