How'd you feel about the addition of legal semi-auto rifles?

caballero

13 minutes ago, DanneBRE said:

Super bad, pistols gets abused. This will only get abused, sadly. The idea is cool and all but let’s be real, it won’t work if the admins don’t make the licensing a lot harder with more checks on who the player is oocly. Pf pistols are getting tossed around like nothing and out of all the times I’ve been robbed or deathmatched over 3 years soon, it’s been a pf pistol involved. And people will always find a way to asset transfer pf weapons as they have done it over a year. They only get caught when they fuck up with deathmatching  now I believe. We also have these illegal factions that more or less only get pf weapons right now. Giving them rifles as well? Nah. And ofc its ooc transfers, just check recent player reports.

Edit: if admins wanna sit and go through every application, sure otherwise it’s a no from me for reasons stated above. 

Could you please cite the source for your statistics and back the claims you’ve made with evidence or further elaboration? I’ve never seen what you described. Sure there are PF weapons in arsenals, I happen to have a few. But none in the manner you described. During warfare I rarely see PF weapons, even during robberies the only PF weapons I run into are the ones carried by licensed victims. There’s also absolutely no reliance on PF weapons, they’re weak, significantly limited and entirely unreliable in terms of sourcing. Why would I grab a traceable pea shooter when I got carbines and AK’s? If I want a pistol there’s many more options besides robbing PF bangers. Furthermore, it’s against the rules to be part of a gang and have a license - this seems easily enforced by staff as it has been consistently. I’m also not entirely sure as to player reports having any significance here, here too I’ve not found what you’ve claimed. So please, cite the sources and evidence so everyone can make fair judgement.

I love the idea but there needs to be OOC safegaurds not IC ones.

In some states you can OPEN CARRY a rifle in public. Why can't we do it in San Andreas where crime rate is high, or if not open carry at least legally own it on public property.

As for an OOC safegaurd can we restrict it to only people who have held a PF/CCW for X amount of time can own one.

For exmaple, after 4 months of PF / CCW ownership on that character you can then be allowed the permission to obtain a rifle ICly. That way only serious long standing characters can obtain them. It's more of an OOC safegaurd I know but maybe a compromise. 

• Applaud 1

People are screaming report when the server is overwhelmed with reports and staff have a lot of other responsibilities, don't create a problem, you can defend yourself with a pistol criminals rarely roll up with ARs to rob a civi so I honestly don't see the point.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
16 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

People are screaming report when the server is overwhelmed with reports and staff have a lot of other responsibilities, don't create a problem, you can defend yourself with a pistol criminals rarely roll up with ARs to rob a civi so I honestly don't see the point.

Its not for defense its for hunting, (i think)

Just now, DoomedAmerica said:

Its not for defense its for hunting, (i think)

Yeah and what people don't understand is that the shaft law does not cater to hunting afaik and that is something that would have to go through the government and potentially a split council with three democrats unless LFM just decides to handle it, other than that I doubt that the majority of ARs if attained will be used for hunting, its just something that people will say now and not go through with in my mind.

Just now, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Yeah and what people don't understand is that the shaft law does not cater to hunting afaik and that is something that would have to go through the government and potentially a split council with three democrats unless LFM just decides to handle it, other than that I doubt that the majority of ARs if attained will be used for hunting, its just something that people will say now and not go through with in my mind.

Yeah I know, I have a different view of a semi auto matic rifle. Maybe a three shot rifle, super long reload times, like a hunting rifle and you can get hunting license just like the fishing job. I dunno just cool idea in my opinion.  

5 minutes ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Yeah I know, I have a different view of a semi auto matic rifle. Maybe a three shot rifle, super long reload times, like a hunting rifle and you can get hunting license just like the fishing job. I dunno just cool idea in my opinion.  

That could work honestly, along with OOC vetting.

49 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Could you please cite the source for your statistics and back the claims you’ve made with evidence or further elaboration? I’ve never seen what you described. Sure there are PF weapons in arsenals, I happen to have a few. But none in the manner you described. During warfare I rarely see PF weapons, even during robberies the only PF weapons I run into are the ones carried by licensed victims. There’s also absolutely no reliance on PF weapons, they’re weak, significantly limited and entirely unreliable in terms of sourcing. Why would I grab a traceable pea shooter when I got carbines and AK’s? If I want a pistol there’s many more options besides robbing PF bangers. Furthermore, it’s against the rules to be part of a gang and have a license - this seems easily enforced by staff as it has been consistently. I’m also not entirely sure as to player reports having any significance here, here too I’ve not found what you’ve claimed. So please, cite the sources and evidence so everyone can make fair judgement.

I’m not going to out factions and players on a thread, i’d probably get in trouble for that. IFM/Staff is fully aware of these issues I’ve brought up, therefore the reply from Keane in this thread most likely. But for example, the other day? The admin Whirlwind caught like 3-4 players in one report doing asset transferring with PF weapons. If you have been involved in criminal roleplay, this is very known, god sakes we even had a guy write up a guide “how to get pf license” so he could use his serial removal job on the weapons provided to him, to then sell to gangs and this was all over discord. Yes, the staff was aware of this as well. He didn’t get banned tho but I believe he was told to stop. Or people who gets a pf license the legit way, they then namechange and keep all the pf weapons on their criminal character, luckily one got caught recently doing that, I believe he supplied an entire faction for months with pistols. I'm all for this if they actually make it so license requires some effort, OOC checking and limitations. However to not derail the thread, when I get home either tonight or tomorrow I’ll provide you with the evidence I have and you can do as you wish with it. But just ask any illegal roleplayer or admin really and they will give you the same answer, at least if they have been around for a long time.

Just now, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

That could work honestly, along with OOC vetting.

Something like this that you could hunt with, but wouldn't be good for shooting humans, low damage for humans high damage for animals. Maybe have a hunting license that works just like the PF license, and perhaps even a store where you can sell hides, so much potential RP for people who RP up North. It would shoot one shot at a time before you have to reload it, very slow reload speeds.

Single-shot - Wikipedia

1 minute ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Something like this that you could hunt with, but wouldn't be good for shooting humans, low damage for humans high damage for animals. Maybe have a hunting license that works just like the PF license, and perhaps even a store where you can sell hides, so much potential RP for people who RP up North. It would shoot one shot at a time before you have to reload it, very slow reload speeds.

Single-shot - Wikipedia

Not possible unless you use a Musket which is .....