How'd you feel about the addition of legal semi-auto rifles?

caballero

How'd you feel if legal semi-auto rifles would be added to gunshops? 

Give all pros / cons you'd think there would be with this addition, and if it's overall a good plan or not.

I'd personally like it, but it'd have to have a new limitation, you can now buy 2 firearms per month, I'd say that they should make it 2 firearms per month, but 1 rifle each 2 months, loss of the rifle (( not robbed, etc. )) would lead into instant license removal. 

Make it a separate license from the PF itself, to make sure current PF abusers can't get them and that future PF abusers can't get them neither by making the license very limited, hard to obtain, with some set requisites.

Leaving this here 

2 minutes ago, Keane said:

I'd personally be fine with it if it was another tier of licensing that's restricted to people who are strictly legal roleplayers. I know @Marksman is working on custom guns that would be perfect for this. They can have restrictions on the magazine sizes (eg. 10 or 20 round mags) to reduce the advantage that they have.

There's a large amount of legal RPers that RP around guns that this would be perfect for. Make the application go through Legal FM as opposed to FLD so there can be a more thorough background check. Make it so illegal RPers have to stick to illegal suppliers rather than trying to take these guns. Require rifle owners to report any thefts to Legal FM so any staged robberies can be investigated and caught. There's also the chance to revoke the rifle license for anyone that uses it inappropriately. 

Having semi-auto rifles opens up a lot of legal RP for people that already RP around legal guns. Hunting and shooting competitions are two things that immediately come to mind. It would be cool to see three gun shooting competitions going on.

Edited by Santanaa
  • Upvote 2

I prefer that rifles remain as illegal weapons simply because I don't want to witness every single person with a rifle. Then again, it's not like rifles would be on their persons, as they'd have to either store it at their house or in a vehicle. Now, I'm just imagining 500 people walking around with dufflebags, haha.

4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I prefer that rifles remain as illegal weapons simply because I don't want to witness every single person with a rifle. Then again, it's not like rifles would be on their persons, as they'd have to either store it at their house or in a vehicle. Now, I'm just imagining 500 people walking around with dufflebags, haha.

Of course, there'd be actual IC rules from the FLD, like using it only on private property...If transported, lock in vehicle separated from ammo, etcetera.

Edited by Santanaa
9 minutes ago, Nervous said:

We're debating it in IFM, but we're extremely scared about the idea of seeings bad roleplayers waving rifles around. So for now.. It's being debated aha.

Seems good! Just check around this thread, people are gonna most likely give great suggestions to shape it and make it realistic, etc.

Just now, DLimit said:

Now, if they get robbed? Rifle-ownership will triple in gang-land.

I'd just add a new type of permit for rifles to be honest.

1 rifle / 2 months. 

Restricted to people who ACTUALLY need it, instead of it being as accesible as a PF.

This will make sure they get put in good hands, decreasing the chances of it ending up in gangs' hands.

2 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

I'd just add a new type of permit for rifles to be honest.

1 rifle / 2 months. 

Restricted to people who ACTUALLY need it, instead of it being as accesible as a PF.

This will make sure they get put in good hands, decreasing the chances of it ending up in gangs' hands.

Thus, it'd be separate from a P.F. license, in-which people would have to apply for a separate license to own a rifle?

Just now, DLimit said:

Thus, it'd be separate from a P.F. license, in-which people would have to apply for a separate license to own a rifle?

Yes. This will make sure current PF abusers can't get them and that future PF abusers can't get them neither by making the license very limited, hard to obtain, with some set requisites.