How'd you feel about the addition of legal semi-auto rifles?

caballero

8 minutes ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Something like this that you could hunt with, but wouldn't be good for shooting humans, low damage for humans high damage for animals. Maybe have a hunting license that works just like the PF license, and perhaps even a store where you can sell hides, so much potential RP for people who RP up North. It would shoot one shot at a time before you have to reload it, very slow reload speeds.

Single-shot - Wikipedia

Yeah, there are more modern options though and this is not to knock or discredit the people who actually want to do hunting, I roleplay in Blaine and there are a lot of quality roleplayers in that area, I just feel that if we allow people to get guns like AR-15 or a SCAR for hunting it will not be used in the proper way in the long run.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
9 minutes ago, DanneBRE said:

I’m not going to out factions and players on a thread, i’d probably get in trouble for that. IFM/Staff is fully aware of these issues I’ve brought up, therefore the reply from Keane in this thread most likely. But for example, the other day? The admin Whirlwind caught like 3-4 players in one report doing asset transferring with PF weapons. If you have been involved in criminal roleplay, this is very known, god sakes we even had a guy write up a guide “how to get pf license” so he could use his serial removal job on the weapons provided to him, to then sell to gangs and this was all over discord. Yes, the staff was aware of this as well. He didn’t get banned tho but I believe he was told to stop. Or people who gets a pf license the legit way, they then namechange and keep all the pf weapons on their criminal character, luckily one got caught recently doing that, I believe he supplied an entire faction for months with pistols. I'm all for this if they actually make it so license requires some effort, OOC checking and limitations. However to not derail the thread, when I get home either tonight or tomorrow I’ll provide you with the evidence I have and you can do as you wish with it. But just ask any illegal roleplayer or admin really and they will give you the same answer, at least if they have been around for a long time.

Unless I’m mistaken you can only get X amount of pistols and ammo a month, and consistent reports of theft are investigated. So I find it difficult to believe one single person with a PF license is able to supply a whole faction for months unless we’re talking about the same group. I’m definitely familiar with that which you are referring to. But those are the expectation rather than the norm. I’m yet to find a genuine faction that endorses this behavior. And if we are talking about the same group of people we’re literally talking about ban evading trolls that embed themselves within shit factions in an effort damage the server. I am an illegal roleplayer and I’ve been around for a long time, so have most my friends. And between said friends and one of the largest gang on the server I just don’t experience PF weapons being as rampant in the manner you’ve described. At least not outside the same recurring names that keep abusing the system because they don’t care about the consequences as they don’t apply to them. Adding semi-automatic rifles or any offensive weapon within the current PF system would be a detriment not just because of that, but more so because it invites an incentive to that abuse for more than just that same recurring group. That’s why the only real viable implementation would and should be through legal FM, with these weapons being exclusively available to legal companies and characters with appropriate screening and monitoring. 

I think making PFs harder to obtain all together, should be the play -- In addition to making a license for any sort of LS-Compliant rifle a pain in the ass. 

PF's should ALSO have an exam, I'm not sure why they don't. In addition to this, bump the required hours up to 100.

Some sort of restricted weapon's license could require 400 hours, in addition to IC classes on handling, safety, and law that are conducted by a Police Liaison at various firearms stores around the map. You could even go as far as requiring the person interested in a rifle, to have an OOC discussion with someone to ensure that they aren't just looking to supply their criminal group with rifles.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Nullish said:

I think making PFs harder to obtain all together, should be the play -- In addition to making a license for any sort of LS-Compliant rifle a pain in the ass. 

PF's should ALSO have an exam, I'm not sure why they don't. In addition to this, bump the required hours up to 100.

Some sort of restricted weapon's license could require 400 hours, in addition to IC classes on handling, safety, and law that are conducted by a Police Liaison at various firearms stores around the map. You could even go as far as requiring the person interested in a rifle, to have an OOC discussion with someone to ensure that they aren't just looking to supply their criminal group with rifles.

I definitely agree with this. PFs are extremely easy to obtain. For a city that has lots of crime, making firearm licenses easy to obtain don't help anything. Also, the rifle part you stated I agree with as well. Lots of stuff stated here could work and are definitely amazing ideas, but who knows if it will actually happen.

9 hours ago, DanneBRE said:

Super bad, pistols gets abused. This will only get abused, sadly. The idea is cool and all but let’s be real, it won’t work if the admins don’t make the licensing a lot harder with more checks on who the player is oocly. Pf pistols are getting tossed around like nothing and out of all the times I’ve been robbed or deathmatched over 3 years soon, it’s been a pf pistol involved. And people will always find a way to asset transfer pf weapons as they have done it over a year. They only get caught when they fuck up with deathmatching  now I believe. We also have these illegal factions that more or less only get pf weapons right now. Giving them rifles as well? Nah. And ofc its ooc transfers, just check recent player reports.

Edit: if admins wanna sit and go through every application, sure otherwise it’s a no from me for reasons stated above. People who are saying “just report dude” I don’t think you realize how heavily abused pf weapons are right now, lmao. I’m not gonna sit and gather evidence which is almost impossible.

Sounds to me like people abusing PF guns needs to be enforced, period. It doesnt sound like other things should be rejected simply because of a refusal, or negligence, to enforce other rules.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, A_Acko said:

So mallrats can form their own groups and take it up with rifles against ... X?

Big no. This will be abused.

I think you haven't been following with the thread. People have given many ideas and restrictions to make sure this doesn't happen. 

4 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

I think you haven't been following with the thread. People have given many ideas and restrictions to make sure this doesn't happen. 

Lowering the damages on the weapon solution is not a restriction that will prevent it from happening.

There is no idea/restriction to this, as admins won't be able to monitor such thing. It is already hard enough to monitor all the PF license abuse.

Also civillian roleplayers waving around with weapons as if they're criminals is what happens too often. This will only increase if you add rifles.

Guest DeletedUser

This has already been discussed within the FM council before the implementation of the latest update. The consensus was that with the current PF license application system it was impossible for something like this to be implemented without the need for an extra, stricter application system for rifles. The extra effort and man hours required for something like that would in the end marginalize any potential benefits this could provide. Besides, PF license holders can still acquire rifles if they have the right criminal connections IC.