Fake IDs / ID Overhaul (New Supplier Type)

RoryR

18 minutes ago, Rauf said:

Unsure how this suggestion would help in segregating fake IDs and real IDs... there obviously has to be a difference.

• The recipient of /sdl would receive a message only visible to them stating the condition/perceived legitimacy of an ID based on the wear/condition value of an ID. This would also happen when using /sdl with a legit ID in order to avoid MG. There would be a number of different messages which describe IDs in various states of condition.

Examples:
    Pristine ID - "The ID is in perfect condition and looks legitimate."
    Good ID - "The ID is in good condition and seems legitimate."
    Average ID - "The ID is in fair condition and is most likely legitimate."
    Poor ID - "The ID is showing signs of disrepair and could be illegitimate."
    Bad ID - "The ID has a lot of defects and is most likely illegitimate."

I think legit IDs should deteriorate but only down to an average ID, they'd never deteroriate any lower.

In some scenarios, security staff could decide to confiscate the ID if it appears to be fake and refuse entry to the person, or even contact the police. If law enforcement were to check an ID, they could have a command such as /testid [ID] and that would tell them whether or not the ID is infact fake. To do this the ID would have to be in their inventory as I assume that would be the easiest way to implement.

@Rauf the only 100% way to know if an ID is fake or not would be for a law enforcement officer to /testid the ID with it in their inventory. This would return back a message detailing whether or not the ID is fake or not. On top of that, IDs would deteroriate over time. Legit IDs would not deteriorate past an average ID, where as fake IDs could. This means for a while, legit and fake IDs would appear indistinguishable from just /sdl usage, however as the fake ID deteriorates more and more (either by time or usage) it would then start to show its defects and people would be able to recognise that it is a fake. Perhaps fakes could deteriorate quicker as well.

Here's an image to better describe what I'm saying:
e70c1aca586c732bcbff5d8121876f9b.png

Legit IDs will never go past a certain deteroriation level (average), where as fakes would. This would mean players either run the risk of using it and a guard/police officer picking up on it, or decide to acquire a new one. I'm unsure about how exactly detorioration would work, I think either based on time (since creation) or number of uses of /sdl are two possible options.

The recipient of /sdl would receive messages such as the following:

• Pristine ID - "The ID is in perfect condition and looks legitimate."
  • Good ID - "The ID is in good condition and seems legitimate."
  • Average ID - "The ID is in fair condition and is most likely legitimate."
  • Poor ID - "The ID is showing signs of disrepair and could be illegitimate."
  • Bad ID - "The ID has a lot of defects and is most likely illegitimate."
Edited by RoryR
4 minutes ago, RoryR said:

@Rauf the only 100% way to know if an ID is fake or not would be for a law enforcement officer to /testid the ID with it in their inventory. This would return back a message detailing whether or not the ID is fake or not.

I 100% disagree about law-enforcement being the only people being able to /testid (or whatever). IRL, clubs/bars can purchase equipment to scan the ID and verify it. It scans the ID and checks for invisible/UV markings that are applied by the state to show it's valid.

It should be something akin to the bug checker. Legal people should be able to purchase them for say, nightly use. 

https://www.idscanner.com/product/idvisor-smart-v2-id-scanner

5886590ab7572946886d8b54d9be94ee.png

5 minutes ago, Fergie said:

I 100% disagree about law-enforcement being the only people being able to /testid (or whatever). IRL, clubs/bars can purchase equipment to scan the ID and verify it. It scans the ID and checks for invisible/UV markings that are applied by the state to show it's valid.

It should be something akin to the bug checker. Legal people should be able to purchase them for say, nightly use. 

https://www.idscanner.com/product/idvisor-smart-v2-id-scanner

5886590ab7572946886d8b54d9be94ee.png

@Fergie I thought about this, but it's common in America for fake IDs to pass these sort of scanners found at bars and nightclubs. Therefore to simplify things and add a bit of extra value to fake IDs, I think only law enforcement should be able to 100% verify scriptwise whether an ID is fake or not.

No. 

As I'm aware there is currently a system in a place through IFM and there are several factions RPing and distributing fake ID that have some form of staff backing (I think?). While in theory this system would enhance the fake ID RP on the server, in reality it would just get abused like /frisk. Not by everyone I might add, but enough people that'll just ruin any enjoyment of RPing having a fake. Currently you really have to know what your RPing to be able to catch a fake ID... Kind of like how you have to know how to catch a fake IRL.

Also those scanners that people mentioned? Yeah they are a joke, I know multiple bars that have them. Truth is for an extra $20's you can order a fake ID with a functioning barcode and UV signatures that will fool those exact scanners. The only way I've heard of people actually getting busted with those is if a cop tries to search up the ID in their own database because surprise surprise, your ID doesn't actually have anything attached to it.

3 hours ago, Henning said:

No. 

As I'm aware there is currently a system in a place through IFM and there are several factions RPing and distributing fake ID that have some form of staff backing (I think?). While in theory this system would enhance the fake ID RP on the server, in reality it would just get abused like /frisk. Not by everyone I might add, but enough people that'll just ruin any enjoyment of RPing having a fake. Currently you really have to know what your RPing to be able to catch a fake ID... Kind of like how you have to know how to catch a fake IRL.

Also those scanners that people mentioned? Yeah they are a joke, I know multiple bars that have them. Truth is for an extra $20's you can order a fake ID with a functioning barcode and UV signatures that will fool those exact scanners. The only way I've heard of people actually getting busted with those is if a cop tries to search up the ID in their own database because surprise surprise, your ID doesn't actually have anything attached to it.

Exactly what I was going to say. The only people that should be able to 100% figure it out is law enforcement via an MDC check. That's the only way I can see it being fair, and tbh, that's how RL law enforcement usually checks it out anyway.

• mj2002 locked this topic