Medical fees with hospital care

reko

7 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Even in the US, Doctors can’t refuse to treat emergency care patients. That’s worth remembering.

If this is to be realistic rather than a money/cash grab then you must accept that whether people pay the bill AFTER their emergency treatment, they will still have the required treatment done to save their lives.

Obviously, otherwise its a human rights violation lmao. That aspect I think no one is debating. 

There will be steps/precautions in place for a payment plan.

• 3 months later...

This should be optional. As far as I know, there's already places in-game where you can go and get medical treatment (more in-depth RP), should you wish to do so. You shouldn't be forced to undergo hospital RP though. That's boring and it's a very niche area of roleplay. Few people enjoy it.

Also, injuries are way more likely to happen on GTAW and for a few groups of people, they're often and inevitable (gang members, police officers, even firefighters) so spending 50% of their time and money inside a hospital against their will will just make the whole GTAW experience feel like a hassle and be unpleasant.

I think the best way to go about it is have the paramedics PM the person whether they want to continue with the RP or skip the hospital part, also letting them know of the costs.

There should also be healthcare through government funding. People should be able to purchase health insurance or be give in from work. You shouldn't have to empty the bank every single time you get hurt.

1 hour ago, Tempesto said:

I think the best way to go about it is have the paramedics PM the person whether they want to continue with the RP or skip the hospital part, also letting them know of the costs.

Hospital part is up to the player's discretion, FD only applies medical treatment and assestment on scene then transport the patient to a medical center. As far as I know, with the upcoming hospital faction, there'll be some changes to the EMS and first responder field - and maybe some changes to the economy, maybe implementation of healthcare insurance. It'll make a character's economical development and development in general immersive. But, we'll see it in time I guess.

Edited by Unicorn231
1 hour ago, Unicorn231 said:

Hospital part is up to the player's discretion, FD only applies medical treatment and assestment on scene then transport the patient to a medical center. As far as I know, with the upcoming hospital faction, there'll be some changes to the EMS and first responder field - and maybe some changes to the economy, maybe implementation of healthcare insurance. It'll make a character's economical development and development in general immersive. But, we'll see it in time I guess.

I didn't know there was a hospital faction being worked on, that's awesome. Finally some realistic medical RP coming to the server. I'm not saying FD is not realistic, but FD doesn't handle surgeries and complicated procedures, just first aid. That's how it should be.

People still shouldn't be forced to RP in a hospital, even with the implementation of this new faction. If your character got injured once or twice a year, sure but if that number is once or twice a day, no way in hell!

Free services are nothing short of unrealistic, this is something a lot of people have actively pushed for, but we never had a line drawn, or even the problem being acknowledged even after several clinics have been doing this for months now.

The arguement "We want people to roleplay with us without having to be worried about IC cash" is as ridiculous as it gets for the most obvious reasons that have been established over and over again. If anything, this mentality has only hindered roleplay instead of promoting it.

LFM really needs to hash this out for once.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1