Unrealistic Portrayal / Owning Houses in Poor Areas

aldo

Just now, mj2002 said:

Bombie stated above that all these reports are handled. 

Please report this sort of stuff when you see it.

Yeah, I acknowledged Bombie's post, which is why I said I couldn't confirm or deny any of the claims that the reports don't get handled. I'm not one of the people that lets this kinda stuff slide, when I notice it, I report it.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
13 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Problem is, as far as I know people do not lose properties due to in-activity here, which is bad. I know of a case where a player was banned for 6 months, before ban he had an apartment, after he was unbanned the apartment still was his.

People do lose properties due to inactivity. Just most of them are getting bought real quick ??

Plus, motels are gonna be owned by server real soon, so there might be some available for lease I believe...

Making their lives in the gang area a nightmare may be an IC solution forcing them to go back where they belong irl if you're a complete stranger moving from a rich neighbourhood to a ghetto and parking a sport car outside you sure as hell won't find it intact the next morning maybe destroy their car or rob their house? Assault them? It's still a big OOC poor portrayal though for a rich guy to live in Rancho, Davis...etc

Edited by Babil
2 hours ago, Babil said:

Making their lives in the gang area a nightmare may be an IC solution forcing them to go back where they belong irl if you're a complete stranger moving from a rich neighbourhood to a ghetto and parking a sport car outside you sure as hell won't find it intact the next morning maybe destroy their car or rob their house? Assault them? It's still a big OOC poor portrayal though for a rich guy to live in Rancho, Davis...etc

Good point

I understand both parties, as has been said before here, it's a complete shame that many houses are for leasing, when in the Del Perro area there are quite good houses and nothing luxurious, not many users want to live in an apartment, now the interiors can be changed but it greatly limits creativity, because if you want to map your own interior it has to be similar to the rest for obvious reasons, it's basic architecture.

I don't support those who buy houses in the south and rent or sell them much more expensive, much less those who drive around with sports cars like the Obey F9, get out of there, that is not your place.

This is pretty bad in Rancho currently (Jamestown Projects). However, it has been bringing some roleplay to our faction as every time we've noticed someone with a luxury/expensive sports car park up in the projects, they've been tailed and followed (especially if they're carrying something). In turn, the faction has already broken into multiple homes and stolen valuables (a lot of these homes being used purely as a stash spot). So we're somewhat dealing with it IC by directly hurting those that are wasting these homes as pure storage but hopefully with the new property regulations that Bjork updated last night, we'll see more of this disappearing. 

I have a lot of faction members still that are renting from each other or just staying in the faction house due to it being so incredibly difficult to find a spot in the area. Incredibly annoying when you have people come and rush to buy a server sold property and then we see them 2 weeks later flipping it for double it's market price without doing anything.

Edited by Naeno
10 hours ago, Jennie said:

I understand both parties, as has been said before here, it's a complete shame that many houses are for leasing, when in the Del Perro area there are quite good houses and nothing luxurious, not many users want to live in an apartment, now the interiors can be changed but it greatly limits creativity, because if you want to map your own interior it has to be similar to the rest for obvious reasons, it's basic architecture.

I don't support those who buy houses in the south and rent or sell them much more expensive, much less those who drive around with sports cars like the Obey F9, get out of there, that is not your place.

Poor people usually don't own any thing in the hood, in real life. They /RENT/ property. Most of R.L. gang struggles involves paying bills to survive.

EDIT: The only time that ownership actually occurs is when a whole set invests in a trap house, as a collective.

Also, I mis-read your post. I mean, landlords are fine as long as they R.P. it effectively, unlike those that transform motel units into 3-bedroom apartments. 

Edited by DLimit
On 8/17/2020 at 1:43 AM, changooman said:

@aldo Idk if you've played gta iv but I fucking loved those project towers that they had. I wonder if with 1.1 we can map it onto our server? 

Governor Greg Johnson Projects | GTA Wiki | Fandom

As much as I'd enjoy this, the idea of this is more suited to a densely packed city like New York. Wouldn't look right in Los Angeles.