Limit on age?

PapaDoc

lol if u make the minimum age 16 u have officially killed gang rp, most people rp 14-15 before they get jumped in, as it's unrealistic for someone 16 to just then be ragged into a set.

Idk how it's allowed for admins to make massive decisions like this on a whim, pretty sure that's now how the admin discretion rule works, since it directly contradicts what Nervous himself stated, but whatever. If you want to ruin rp of several factions (hillside, grapetown, SSCC, CCB, MS13 and tortilla flats to name a few) then by all means change the age limit and force several characters to randomly age up, which will force those who originally rped being 16 to also age up since now people who they RPed being younger than them will be the same age as them, changing the entire dynamic of most factions ranks. 

12 is a good age limit imo, but the highest I'd support the limit going to is 13 or 14, if you make it higher than that you're literally gonna ruin several, if not nearing the hundreds, of characters development.

Edited by Shekh
Just now, Sebz said:

At the end of the day, if the admin says it, you do it. If you feel the admin is wrong you submit a staff report (while abiding by what the said) until the staff report is resolved. If the admin was wrong, a senior admin will reverse the ruling by the admin and you'll be back to role playing that age.

I do however agree that admins should not seek to make judgements that directly contradict rules, but you simply have to follow an admin's instructions.

Then I'd expect the rule change to be blatant to everyone on the server as soon as the admins decide then otherwise it'd just be some form of abuse. The player who was banned didn't know, hell I didn't either, that you could not roleplay anything under the age of 16 years old. I've had previous characters that were under the age of 16 years old that I've fully developed into adult gang members. I'm not saying "oh I'm going to break the rules anyway", but ages younger than 16 years old is vital to street / illegal character development as a faster pace of life is destined for them, they need to experience certain things while they are young in order to fully develop the mind-state of an adult career criminal.

It's fair to roleplay a handicap on the server, but not fair to roleplay 13 years old at least? Sheesh, I'm not trying to make a big fuss out of it, but I don't think it's something that should be changed. 

By the time I was 16 years old I already got my dick sucked when I was 14 and had my mind made up that I wanted to chase a bag when I graduated, but that's another story. All I'm saying is I wouldn't want to see the age range changed rather than some more intricate rules for teenage roleplayers such as: no electronic roleplay sex and no troll behavior. I think when you are roleplaying a teenager, it should come with a handicap like not being able to fight a fully grown man script wise or something, I don't know, I just don't support the decision to raise the age cap to 16, but maybe 13 or 14. I think anything below 13 is atrocious as far as roleplay goes because those ages aren't teenagers.

I agree with @Lmao and @cracked with the description of teenagers. What is raising the age to 16 gonna do to players who are already attempting to sexualize their characters at 13? lmao, they just gonna bump the age up and sexulize their characters even more while they are still a minor. And no my nigga, 16 years old is not the "age of consent" everywhere you go, definitely not where I live. That's out.

3 minutes ago, cracked said:

If you roleplay an underaged person and you do anything sexually suggestive, or even describe your fucking body type in your attributes, you should be permanently banned from the server and hunted down through any means necessary. Period.

There'srules set in place actually ERP isn't even allowed for teen characters and I think that's fucking fantastic. People who take this sort of role play seriously aren't in it for any weird reasons, personally my character Amy is about to be adopted into a great family that will push her on the right track. It provides RP to two people role playing a couple and thus adds a realistic family to the server that can be interacted with. And seeing how realistic GTA world has been, I was super amazed when I first came in and saw lifeguards, people jetskiing. My group of fellow teens tried to hotbox the guard station and kept getting caught, eventually cops rolled by it reminded me so much of growing up it was so lit, great RP and reflected good on my experience here! People can do it right if you stop trying to backseat  us. 

Edited by Silly Fox
Just now, Silly Fox said:

There'srules set in place actually ERP isn't even allowed for teen characters and I think that's fucking fantastic. 

I agree. Just keep the weird sexual roleplay out of teenage RP, lmao. PG-13 niggas' shit when they roleplay that age altogether and if anyone steps outside of the boundaries, then you ajail/ban them.

Just now, Uno said:

I agree. Just keep the weird sexual roleplay out of teenage RP, lmao. PG-13 niggas' shit when they roleplay that age altogether and if anyone steps outside of the boundaries, then you ajail/ban them.

ajail/ban? If you're referring to pedophiles, they need to be permanently banned, have all of their public information publicized and be reported to the proper authorities. Personally I'd prefer it if we had "hunt weeks" once every 1-2 months where we hunt down pedo's and ruin their entire lives. I feel strongly about this for personal reasons.

Edited by cracked
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

There'srules set in place actually ERP isn't even allowed for teen characters and I think that's fucking fantastic. 

Rule needs to include sexualisation, specifically, I don't care who you are, if you describe in detail the curvature of a 13 year-olds body, be that male or female, that's borderline ERP in my book.

I do not however agree with banning minor characters as a whole, as mentioned previously, they are essential for a lot of illegal roleplay, and not just gang roleplay.

Just now, Lmao said:

Rule needs to include sexualisation, specifically, I don't care who you are, if you describe in detail the curvature of a 13 year-olds body, be that male or female, that's borderline ERP in my book.

I do not however agree with banning minor characters as a whole, as mentioned previously, they are essential for a lot of illegal roleplay, and not just gang roleplay.

Sexulization is down to a person, as a female I cant begin to wonder how you're sexualizing a specific body type. 

Edited by Silly Fox
Just now, cracked said:

ajail/ban? If you're referring to pedophiles, they need to be permanently banned, have all of their public information publicized and be reported to the proper authorities. Personally I'd prefer it if we had "hunt weeks" once every 1-2 months where we hunt down pedo's and ruin their entire lives. I feel strongly about this for personal reasons.

Okay my nigga LMAO... 

That got deep as hell, and that's actually good that you brought that up.

I believe that the pedophile shit should be punishable no doubt, but what happens if someone is sexualizing their character while their character is underaged? And the server does all this background check activity and ends up leaking the person's real-life information, right? And it turns out that the player is actually underaged? I don't think all of that is necessary when it comes to characters. I think a ban is enough.

However, if it's taken to an OOC level of pedophilia (i.e. Krisk's situation with Frank Kranes on LS-RP), then go right ahead and do what you have to do to expose that person as a pedophile. I don't think it would be right to completely throw out someone's real-life information over them looking at their character as a sexual object, but when it comes to player-player OOC, then that type of action should be taken.

Serialization is down to a person, as a female I cant begin to wonder how you're sexualizing a specific body type. 

If the person has an hourglass figure, state it as such, no questions about it, a figure is a figure, but describing a "Perky bottom with two double Ds and moist lips" is way beyond what attributes need to describe.

I apologise if I am coming across as hostile or anything of the sort, I just feel strongly about the topic at hand.

• Keane locked this topic