Limit on age?

PapaDoc

2 minutes ago, Uno said:

Where in the server rules does it state that though?

That only states about Admin discretion. A minimum age shouldn't be enforced if it is not listed as how are people meant to abide by a rule if it is not listed as is the case with Amy? Like she brought up in her ban appeal, how we she meant to know the minimum age was 16? Yet she was allowed to Roleplay and build character development as the age she was roleplaying until an admin suddenley went 'Okay, no'. It's kind of bad on the admin teams part to allow someone to build a character development then suddenley invalidate it all.

Edited by KoishiKomeiji
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Uno said:

Why wasn't there an announcement? I've been roleplaying 14 for the past week.
755188a84849d268ddc0594068c7322c.png

SEE? THATS MY exact issue my friend. I don't get what the problem is, it should be a good thing that I'm bringing a different kind of character to the server thats not cop, medic or gangster. I put a lot of effort into my characters I understand sometimes I can get a bit... crazy but if I do something that's not up to quality thats why we have a role play quality team, no? 

Edited by Silly Fox
  • Upvote 1

I didn't know rules could be changed on the fly by on-scene administration decisions. If that was the case, then half of South LS would be banned by now. I've seen people roleplaying 13-15 very commonly in that area. I also have been roleplaying the age of 14, I have an entire thread as well with my character's information on it. I don't see the issue with roleplaying someone younger as long as it is done within a realistic aspect. If anything, I should expect stricter limitations on what you may or may not roleplay when having a character at these young ages.

At the end of the day, if the admin says it, you do it. If you feel the admin is wrong you submit a staff report (while abiding by what the said) until the staff report is resolved. If the admin was wrong, a senior admin will reverse the ruling by the admin and you'll be back to role playing that age.

I do however agree that admins should not seek to make judgements that directly contradict rules, but you simply have to follow an admin's instructions.

1 minute ago, Uno said:

Why wasn't there an announcement? I've been roleplaying 14 for the past week.
755188a84849d268ddc0594068c7322c.png

It was ruled and agreed by 3 admins. I'd expect everyone to agree unless changes were made. I'll try to bring it up with the staff team.

My point is. Three admins do not make up the entire admin team NOR do they make up the entire community. As you can see enforcing random rules under guise of rule zero divides the community as I had admins yesterday allowing me to RP my character. So 3 admins say no,  and the script, rules and an admin and a developer say yes? So where does that leave us? A really awkward grey area,

If you roleplay an underaged person and you do anything sexually suggestive, or even describe your fucking body type in your attributes, you should be permanently banned from the server and hunted down through any means necessary. Period.

• Upvote 4
Just now, cracked said:

If you roleplay an underaged person and you do anything sexually suggestive, or even describe your fucking body type in your attributes, you should be permanently banned from the server and hunted down through any means necessary. Period.

This. If you want to roleplay some borderline pedophilia shit, do that elsewhere, not here.

• Keane locked this topic