Limit on age?

PapaDoc

Hey I’m just wondering, I’ve read the rules and it stated that the lowest age you could roleplay was 12 years old. I’ve commonly encountered roleplayers who are roleplaying 13-15 years old. My current character is 14-15 years old, but I’ve been told that it may be mandatory to push the age of my character to an adult. 

I normally do street gang roleplay and usually characters that try to develop into street gangs require you to be young. 

script allows u to go down to 12 or something like that, so if its not allowed then they needa change that. whats the point making the concious decision to let people set their age as low as 12, but then punishing them if they set it lower than 16. 

A friend of mine in PD yesterday encountered someone RPing a 13 year old child prostitute. Not sure if it's just their back story or if some stuff actually occured. That shit needs to get shut down ASAP because the last thing this community needs is that kind of spotlight. 

It's also big retarded when you see someone who has the body of a 25 year old with their /examine saying they're 14. The only excuse I've seen people use to justify characters younger than 16 is "muh gang arr peeee". 

Edited by SugarDavis
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

A friend of mine in PD yesterday encountered someone RPing a 13 year old child prostitute. Not sure if it's just their back story or if some stuff actually occured. That shit needs to get shut down ASAP because the last thing this community needs is that kind of spotlight. 

It's also big retarded when you see someone who has the body of a 25 year old with their /examine saying they're 14. The only excuse I've seen people use to justify characters younger than 16 is "muh gang arr peeee". 

Assuming you're a PD RPer that has no clue how gang RP works or any knowledge about it.  Atleast they're not spawning 30 years old with a full beard and ginger hair and apply for PD so they can shoot people all day and be robocops.  I'm totally against the 13 year old prostitute though.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
9 minutes ago, MaliC said:

Assuming you're a PD RPer that has no clue how gang RP works or any knowledge about it.  Atleast they're not spawning 30 years old with a full beard and ginger hair and apply for PD so they can shoot people all day and be robocops.  I'm totally against the 13 year old prostitute though.

oFQ5KUW.jpg

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

If I read the rules correctly when the mandatory /attributes system was implemented, the youngest age was 12 years old. And I agree on the ban of someone roleplaying a child prostitute, but I don't think that should restrict everyone else's character age to 16 years old, I think roleplay like that is out of the question. It's a real thing of course, but it's one of those things that could be considered crude roleplay. I know I surely wouldn't want to see it, but gang roleplay is something completely different. Some people (like myself) roleplay these young ages just to grasp the full developmental experience of transforming into a gang member/gang banger while others don't fully portray that aspect. 

I've seen a suggestion in the past to have it to where you can actually physically change the height of your character whether or not it was forwarded / accepted, I do not know. What I do know from experience is that it is possible to do so in single player using the Menyoo menu. 

Your sarcastic comments about "Muhhh gang arr peee" isn't irrelevant as you're generalizing the entire gang roleplay community into one when that is not the case. I've seen people roleplay 14-15 year old teenagers who are not gang RPers at all, just regular civilians. As I've stated before, I can't speak on everyone's portrayal of a teenager, but I know for sure I can speak on mine. Don't downplay the gang scene because if I wanted to I could say that it is unrealistic for off-duty PD to have fully modded super cars & a house in Vinewood Hills (Hollywood Hills), but I didn't. I'm not trying to sink this thread into something toxic. The topic of this thread is actually a genuine question I have for the community.

• Why should the age be limited to 16 years old?
  • What limits on teenage roleplay should be in place? (like above child prostitution should not be allowed on the server because of OOC discomfort and consent rules)
  • If someone is developing a character from the young age of 12 correctly, then why should someone who's doing it incorrectly get everyone's privileges stripped away? 

• Upvote 2
  • Keane locked this topic