Los Santos Aviation Administration

TheCHcuky

13 hours ago, TheCHcuky said:

Short description: Having both "LS GROUND" and "LS TOWER" active at LSIA who are just in-charge of that sector.

That's a great idea! I would love to see and participate in it.

I would love to see more aviation-related roleplay. The first thought when I started taking flight courses was just like this. I believe a big portion of people would love to roleplay around airports, utilizing Los Santos International and Sandy Shores would be awesome. Huge support from me. 

8 hours ago, mj2002 said:

How many people would be needed to run such a service? Is there enough interest in doing this, instead of just wanting to see this?

I would say their is. As far as a head count their will need to be enough personnel to cover specific days of the week + times. During any shift 2 minimum would be enough to cover a 4 hour shift, but technically your suppose to rotate every 2 hours so perhaps 4 personnel daily. It also would not be a 24/7 business.  We would only operate during peek times for traffic when we are actually needed. When off duty it will simply be as it is right now, pilots will give reporting points. 

Hi TheCHcuky,

As a fellow aviation roleplay enthusiast, I am thrilled to see this suggestion coming up. I do believe aviation is increasing in popularity with multiple businesses that gravitate around it. I'm also in this field of RP since many, many years on GTA SA and we've had the opportunity to attempt many things.

Here were the conclusions, back then:

- Even though we had an active LSIA faction (school was there, and LSIA was the only permitted airport to "operate from" (you could fly elsewhere, but not have a business or park elsewhere)), there was simply not enough traffic to keep Controllers happy & motivated.

- Every few months, a new person (like you!) showed his face around, super motivated, great ideas. He was given leadership of the controlling unit. After a few weeks, it simply died: a) lack of motivation, b) lack of traffic, etc.

The rendering distance makes it impossible to properly see airport's ground (and even less around the tower in the air), thus making it 100% reliable on map blips. In SA, this was "kind of" fine as the map was like a HUD and you could style type while seeing it in full screen. On GTA V, that's a different story: the minimap can't be increased to properly see, and the "big" map is the escape menu which makes it unable to type. I'd also like to point out it works like shit for moving blips.

Also, LSIA is very rarely used. No business is set up there except LS Aviation which is on idle. People go there to simply refuel when they're in LS. There are other fuel areas in the county.

The time required to make all your script suggestions simply does not serve well, in my opinion, to the amount of traffic you'd actually get in the end.

What -COULD- work out (and really, this is not up to me), is if you RPed as a terminal control zone all over the map. No ground control. No take-off/departure. More like ensuring spacing between aircrafts, etc. Most factions (Besides PD and Blaine) and players don't see /atc constantly, so they do not know if there is any other traffic in the air before entering their aircraft. You could solve that! + I'm sure PD would love to get rid of /atc vision, with the amount of traffic there is nowadays.

Anyways! 

Best of luck.

• Upvote 2
42 minutes ago, anumaz said:

Hi TheCHcuky,

As a fellow aviation roleplay enthusiast, I am thrilled to see this suggestion coming up. I do believe aviation is increasing in popularity with multiple businesses that gravitate around it. I'm also in this field of RP since many, many years on GTA SA and we've had the opportunity to attempt many things.

Here were the conclusions, back then:

- Even though we had an active LSIA faction (school was there, and LSIA was the only permitted airport to "operate from" (you could fly elsewhere, but not have a business or park elsewhere)), there was simply not enough traffic to keep Controllers happy & motivated.

- Every few months, a new person (like you!) showed his face around, super motivated, great ideas. He was given leadership of the controlling unit. After a few weeks, it simply died: a) lack of motivation, b) lack of traffic, etc.

The rendering distance makes it impossible to properly see airport's ground (and even less around the tower in the air), thus making it 100% reliable on map blips. In SA, this was "kind of" fine as the map was like a HUD and you could style type while seeing it in full screen. On GTA V, that's a different story: the minimap can't be increased to properly see, and the "big" map is the escape menu which makes it unable to type. I'd also like to point out it works like shit for moving blips.

Also, LSIA is very rarely used. No business is set up there except LS Aviation which is on idle. People go there to simply refuel when they're in LS. There are other fuel areas in the county.

The time required to make all your script suggestions simply does not serve well, in my opinion, to the amount of traffic you'd actually get in the end.

What -COULD- work out (and really, this is not up to me), is if you RPed as a terminal control zone all over the map. No ground control. No take-off/departure. More like ensuring spacing between aircrafts, etc. Most factions (Besides PD and Blaine) and players don't see /atc constantly, so they do not know if there is any other traffic in the air before entering their aircraft. You could solve that! + I'm sure PD would love to get rid of /atc vision, with the amount of traffic there is nowadays.

Anyways! 

Best of luck.

@anumaz I first appreciate your support / honesty.

I want to dig in first with the rendering problem as I actually agree with it being a solid problem. Are you talking about the control tower in the center of LSIA for previous faction attempts? If so I would make two mapping suggestions in-case one is way to much work / impossible to do as I can understand that mapping in GTAV compared to SAMP is a pain. First if it is at all possible map in the ATC tower at fort Zanchudo and place it just near where taxiway charlie, and alpha meet together just on the top right portion. If that does not work perhaps look for another interior that can be used as a tower and have it in the same virtual setting as GTA-World (( or how ever in order to see the physical aircraft. )) I know this won't ultimately work as the further planes go on the ground you will not see them anymore. Ultimately, it would lay upon the communication between ATC and the Pilots. ATC would solely depend on position reports, as well as give restrictions to aircraft to ensure that they are in-fact properly separated both on the ground and in the LS Airspace.

Next is lack of traffic. Again I will meet you half way on this even though I have not actually seen the activity so far air travel wise. Having a few things implemented / enforced for the traffic schools would be the first thing I would look into such as requiring student pilots to fly into a controlled air spaces and practice flying traffic patterns "Cleared for the option" while the instructor is handling the radio, then do the old switch aroo and have the student speak with ATC because of right now their is no one to talk to. Same can be applied for PD Air, SD Air, and FD Life Flight if they approve. Another idea which I will toss is get rid of all the fuel stations besides the one at LSIA. Idk if Blaine or other aviation companies will appreciate that though so I will leave that opened for further discussion. Lastly I think it's both prices of planes, and lack of flight instructors as a whole. Don't get me wrong though I know theirs a few flight schools right their that are working their butts off to get all the students in. I see a few issues though with scheduling and timing in so perhaps opening another flight school (( one of my buddies is interested ))  could open up and we can see which time zone is needing instructors. 

Another thing I can suggest is a new addition for cargo flights at LSIA to go to Blane county to drop off "crates" to which truckers can pickup and deliver to places such as stores. The farming job can deliver crates to Blane, and then cargo pilots can pickup crates load them into the aircraft and take them to LSIA to be delivered their while all making money as a pilot. Then theirs passenger flights / air taxis that fly on a day to day basis when fares occur. Connect everything with traveling. Taxi companies out in the county can give rides for passenger to the airport planes can arrive and take passengers to LS etc. 

I think their is around five aviation companies in total right now, yes not all can be active but I truly think if we all put our ideas together and think of a ultimate way to improve aviation RP in GTA-World this can in-fact all work out for a good time period. 

Edited by TheCHcuky

This would be a very good addition to the server, this would allow better ATC communication (once the Flight laws and such are in) as well as bring more immersion, only down side to this is that the emergency services have permanent access to the ATC which shows at all times and could cause a bit of spam, if that could get altered slightly then I think this would be great. Supporting

• mj2002 locked this topic