The most overlooked type of roleplay?

np

Saw people mention that no one RPs janitors, teachers, etc. but the problem with that is that there is no real platform for that. This may sound like a regular rant but honestly, unless we start cranking down on club owners that drive sports cars and race throughout most of their day - nothing will change. That's not the biggest problem but is quite a big one. Personally, I think that Sandy Shores/Grapeseed/Paleto Bay RP is extremely underrated. I'd love more people coming up north for reasons other than buying a trailer and later selling it for 450k or so. Please, you're taking away RP opportunities from the Sandy RPers by owning as many trailers as possible up in Sandy Shores purely to flip them later on. I have seen 5-6 people live in 1 trailer only because there's not enough housing for everyone and most of the trailers are owned by either inactive players or used as stash houses.

TL;DR my opinion is that Sandy Shores/Paleto/Grapeseed RP is underrated as hell purely because people think that the possibilities there are limited when in reality that's the polar opposite.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
11 hours ago, BigDrip said:

IRL situation, you're on a street where it's completely empty because it's 2 am on a Tuesday. You're walking and three dudes with a hoodie approach you.  The first thing they'll say while pulling their gun out is "Money, now."  Mugging should take at most a minute long.  In a real situation. So yea robberies are going to be short-timed, the objective is to get the money and dip before cops or any witness see them in the action. 

Which would be fine if that exact scene happened, but it does not. The muggers demand that "Money now" IC translate to "We want everything in your inventory and you have to show us. Oh, and we're doing a patdown to make sure we know what you have."

The mugging itself SHOULD be at most a minute long, but the actions expected would take five, possibly even ten minutes, as they would need to conduct the patdown, identify each of the objects through physical removal, pocket them, all with one hand (as the other is usually occupied by a weapon, and one cannot expect a mugger to not scrollwheel a handgun the moment their victim tries to exploit their momentary disarmament.)

The event is rarely little more than a hasty cash grind.

Edited by DasFroggy
12 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Which would be fine if that exact scene happened, but it does not. The muggers demand that "Money now" IC translate to "We want everything in your inventory and you have to show us. Oh, and we're doing a patdown to make sure we know what you have."

The mugging itself SHOULD be at most a minute long, but the actions expected would take five, possibly even ten minutes, as they would need to conduct the patdown, identify each of the objects through physical removal, pocket them, all with one hand (as the other is usually occupied by a weapon, and one cannot expect a mugger to not scrollwheel a handgun the moment their victim tries to exploit their momentary disarmament.)

The event is rarely little more than a hasty cash grind.

if I'm robbing you all I care about is the money on you, i don't care if you got 200 gs of coke in your inventory or a pistol on you. im not about to rp patting you down, all ima do is /me scans the environment before withdrawing his gun at the victim and say "Money now nigga, run that shit", get my money and dip out.  People that say show me your inventory and give everything you got is MGING out the ass, straight up. Cause you can't have a kilo of coke on you lol unless you walk with it strap on your stomach with duck tape around it or some shit. People rob irl to make a quick buck so it's supposed to be a cash grind type shit. 

Edited by BigDrip
Just now, BigDrip said:

if im robbing you all I care about is the money on you, i dont care if you got 200 gs of coke in your inventory or a pistol on you. im not about to rp patting you down, all ima do is /me scans the enviroment before withdrawing his gun at the victim and say "Money now nigga, run that shit", get my money and dip out.  People that say show me your inventory and give everything you got is MGING out the ass, straight up. Cause you can't have a lb of coke on you lol unless you walk with it strap on your stomach with duck tape around it or some shit

You would be the second exception then! Out of eight muggings so far, only you and one other have not asked for a list of inventory items with the condition of "Hurry up or I'll shoot."

Every other mugging, the muggers required that I show them my inventory within a time limit of 'hurry up' and 'stop stalling' whenever I attempted to participate in the roleplay beyond accessing menu commands exclusively. It does not help that if I fail to keep up with their choice of timetable, they can simply script-kill my character and loot the inventory items that pop out as they might from a pinata, and refunds are not awarded for staff-actioned scenes where goods below a certain value are lost.

• Upvote 1

As others have said, play-to-lose characters. Characters that exist to be victims, to fail, to facilitate others stories can be an amazing story in and of itself. Even better if you involve them in illegal RP and don't be afraid to have them completely fuck up at their own expense. It's a little trickier than people give it credit for, because you don't want to come across like a troll and bother people that have to deal with thise characters.

But when you get it right? It's fantastic. 

• Upvote 1

I absolutely love and will love deaf-mute/mute characters. You don't need to do extensive research, and the questions that you have and may arise can all be solved by a simple google search, and setting yourself up with this knowledge is usually as simple as just reading up for about 30 minutes to 1 hour, and from my experience playing these sorts of characters ends up being one of the better sort of experiences that you can have, because you are already playing with a huge deficit in the day to day life. But then again, maybe it is just me who likes this, as my characters are a frail woman who is absolutely terrified of everyone that is a stranger and clings to those who are close to her and a young mute skater boy, both of which have netted me plenty of good experiences.

• Upvote 4
13 hours ago, Brujah said:

Older people ranging from 40 and older. (Correct me If I am wrong)

So true! Older fella + interesting backstory + living in Blaine County has been really enjoyable to RP lately.

As a lot of people have said, I think Sandy Shores gets looked over far too much. Tons of avenues of roleplay are just begging to be explored out there. Meth dealers, gold miners, oil companies, skateboarders, mechanics, moonshiners, etc. are all viable options in Sandy Shores and the greater Blaine County area. Sad that people just buy new trailers out there and block off avenues of roleplay for the rest of the people there by not roleplaying.

• Upvote 3