Tackle system

I would be completely OKAY with this if there were downsides added to the script.

Giving someone the right to /tackle with no chance of failure or chance for the other end to roleplay will just be a mess.

Now you'll see someone tackle another one because they know the script has a 100% success rate and will disregard any fear factor if that means they can win a situation by simply running and dropping a copy-pasted /tackle.

If we're able to come up with a failure rate or a proper server ruling on how these should be roleplay, I will be another +1.

• Upvote 1
On 1/8/2023 at 2:32 AM, Acid said:

I would be completely OKAY with this if there were downsides added to the script.

Giving someone the right to /tackle with no chance of failure or chance for the other end to roleplay will just be a mess.

Now you'll see someone tackle another one because they know the script has a 100% success rate and will disregard any fear factor if that means they can win a situation by simply running and dropping a copy-pasted /tackle.

If we're able to come up with a failure rate or a proper server ruling on how these should be roleplay, I will be another +1.

This needs to be implemented via hotkey. Not with a command. If we make it a command it will never be used as people are not going to be stopping mid-sprint for somebody to tackle them from behind. We basically already have this with /me.

18 hours ago, Copperhorse said:

This needs to be implemented via hotkey. Not with a command. If we make it a command it will never be used as people are not going to be stopping mid-sprint for somebody to tackle them from behind. We basically already have this with /me.

It worked fine as a command before. Hotkey would make this way too OP.

Just now, Cartoonhead said:

By the time you've stopped and done the command, the dudes gone and out of range. It would HAVE to be a button.

lol if you lose your suspect within the second it takes to type /tackle you wouldn't have rped catching them anyway. The command worked fine on lsrp, with an even more janky running system.

• Upvote 1
  • Price locked this topic