What is proper rich/wealthy roleplay?

Busch

12 minutes ago, VisioningHail said:

My main bone to pick with RPing running a multinational or huge corporation is that there isn't enough of a player-base or an advanced enough economy to support such a company existing unless you gloss over a bunch of details or NPC them. The demand isn't there, the money isn't there, the manpower isn't there and the scale isn't there. And by extension I don't think there is enough money to RP super-filthy rich.

You could extend that same logic into saying there isn't enough of a player-base to justify detailed, in-depth weapons & drug suppliers, even some factions that wouldn't exist with such a small population. If we are going to base RP-realism off of the amount of players in the server, you're severely limiting people who have any sort of imagination. We're supposed to be RP'ing in a huge, busy city. Large corporations and businesses exist. It's not like we have a population of 300-400 people and then no one else exists. That would just be illogical.

Edited by Giles
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
11 minutes ago, VisioningHail said:

My main bone to pick with RPing running a multinational or huge corporation is that there isn't enough of a player-base or an advanced enough economy to support such a company existing unless you gloss over a bunch of details or NPC them. The demand isn't there, the money isn't there, the manpower isn't there and the scale isn't there. And by extension I don't think there is enough money to RP super-filthy rich.

And it will never be there due to the limitations the server has on certain things.

Edited by Chuck Lee
  • Upvote 1

Play golf, create a club for wealthy like minded people, or buy sports cars.

On a serious note I'd say "rich" RP can be anything you make it into. Rich RP varies as much as personality does.

You got rich people who washes the floors in clubs with expensive champagne just because they can.

Then again you got rich people you can't even tell that are rich. People that do normal everyday despite having enough money to buy a new sports car every day.

What people get wrong about companies on RP servers is that start-ups are ROUGH in real life. And most new companies are in debt to investors for years after start up unless you're that one in a million who made a brilliant thing that turned into a hit over night.

Speaking of the said topic at hand about more high-end properties being unavailable to the regular player - It's fine. I just find it strange that it doesn't go for those 250-300k cars as well. Most people own a property worth way more than their vehicle, not the other way around. 

Edited by paym4n
  • Upvote 2

The extent of wealthy roleplay on the server appears to consist of grinding as much money as possible and then buying a supercar to run from the police with whilst frequently bar-hopping with the grand finale ending of that sweet, succulent, delicious and stunning ERP.

Could this change? Most certainly, there's maybe two or three people that roleplay that level of wealth properly but I just don't see it becoming anything more than a niche concept when it comes to properly portraying a character of that stature.

Wealthy people would pay 2-4 bodygaurds, a personal driver, have a helicopter with a driver. Have a mansion, be driven in a limo, rp wearing expensive clothing, ect.

I feel like when a ceo rps going to regular bars alone in his 500k sportscar it is kinda unrealistic.

25 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Wealthy people would pay 2-4 bodygaurds, a personal driver, have a helicopter with a driver. Have a mansion, be driven in a limo, rp wearing expensive clothing, ect.

I feel like when a ceo rps going to regular bars alone in his 500k sportscar it is kinda unrealistic.

Eh, a lot of wealthy people really don't show out/flash their wealth. Some of the richest people I've ever met live in very modest homes, they are cheapskates who never spend their money on anything. So when we talk about wealth, we need to understand that it isn't just about being wealthy, but also the character's personality. The wealthiest person I know buys all of their clothes at Walmart, and we're talking beyond the thirty millions. Really depends on the character, a lot of people who seem to be rich often spend beyond their own means, but really can't afford what they're flashing/showing off and are actually in a ton of debt.

I agree with you on the sportscar/bar dynamic, too many sports cars driven by people who really shouldn't be driving them. We see a lot of zoomer twenty one-year-olds in their sports cars, hitting the clubs, bars, buying a drink, dancing with the other zoomers- then going home without really RPing anything else. It's pretty light-RP, but to each their own. The only way to fix it is to teach them & show them that there is actually something else out there aside from what they consider the 'standard'.

• Upvote 3
Just now, UTOPIA said:

Eh, a lot of wealthy people really don't show out/flash their wealth. Some of the richest people I've ever met live in very modest homes, they are cheapskates who never spend their money on anything. So when we talk about wealth, we need to understand that it isn't just about being wealthy, but also the character's personality. The wealthiest person I know buys all of their clothes at Walmart, and we're talking beyond the thirty millions. Really depends on the character, a lot of people who seem to be rich often spend beyond their own means, but really can't afford what they're flashing/showing off and are actually in a ton of debt.

I agree with you on the sportscar/bar dynamic, too many sports cars driven by people who really shouldn't be driving them. We see a lot of zoomer twenty one-year-olds in their sports cars, hitting the clubs, bars, buying a drink, dancing with the other zoomers- then going home without really RPing anything else. It's pretty light-RP, but to each their own. The only way to fix it is to teach them & show them that there is actually something else out there aside from what they consider the 'standard'.

Yeah my point was just the average rich person doesn’t go to some biker bar, or a store in the middle of the hood with a literal porsche. Either rp a rich modest person or rp flashing out, not some wierd limbo were you rp at places that aren’t deemed wealthy but you show up in a car that costs more than the business did.