What is proper rich/wealthy roleplay?

Busch

I have been rping with Busch for about 8 months. I have seen these guys rping realistically so I'm a bit confused what they say is unrealistic. They don't go crazy spending, they are actually irritatingly cheap with a lot of things. They don't buy their trucks new unless there is no other option, they look for the best deal. They are helpful in teaching others the best way to save their money. They don't blow their money in any sense. They have brought BTG from a simple trucking company to what it is now and spent hours every day rping and doing this legit. The only time I have seen them buy a vehicle for BTG is when it was definitely needed. When you see Busch, you know what to expect. You meet respectful, intelligent, well dressed, quirky guys. They are a bit awkward socially but those who take the time to rp and get to know them definitely respect them. They have paved the way for many to earn money to start their businesses, buy their car, buy those nice places to live while they themselves drive simple vehicles, suvs. I know many wealthy individuals and I can tell you, those that are real about it, don't put it all out there, so if by realistic you are looking for the ones who blow their money on drugs and prostitutes, sports cars and huge parties, you may want to re-evaluate that because those type, they don't have their money for long.

6 minutes ago, aldo said:

That's a small minority

A small minority that's doing it well. If Property Management is going to give Rockford hill mansions to their friends they should be able to give them to two players who are actually RPing wealth correctly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
7 minutes ago, Henning said:

A small minority that's doing it well. If Property Management is going to give Rockford hill mansions to their friends they should be able to give them to two players who are actually RPing wealth correctly. 

agreed

What I dont get is if you have invested the time and effort into accumulating wealth, that should serve as a good 75% of the decision.. it's kind of powergame to say "Well you have the money, but we aren't going to allow you to RP that, or purchase any substantial assets via PM"... Issues with the allegedly "perfect" economy shouldn't effect characters ICly... If the positions were shifted it would be an outcry...and someone would be ajailed.

On another note, I've barely had any... interest? Or opportunity to RP with the Buschs.... but I do recall it being mentioned that the OGs of the group grinded the mining script to unproportional wealth... Is this true? 

In retrospect. I'd be curious to see the actual depth put into the trucking company that is insited sets it apart from just a company who takes advantage of those grinding a script job....

That in itself is backwards realistically. People act as if Busch gain so much from that. Do the research and figures. Busch as a company take 10 to 20 percent. The individual takes 80 to 90 percent. Hmmm, interesting yes? Who benefits? Plus factor in the costs of maintaining such a large company with a large fleet. The whole server is a grind fest whether you are out there selling drugs, guns, sex, or being smart in business. It's all the same.

17 minutes ago, Alexandra_Forge said:

What I dont get is if you have invested the time and effort into accumulating wealth, that should serve as a good 75% of the decision.. it's kind of powergame to say "Well you have the money, but we aren't going to allow you to RP that, or purchase any substantial assets via PM"... Issues with the allegedly "perfect" economy shouldn't effect characters ICly... If the positions were shifted it would be an outcry...and someone would be ajailed.

On another note, I've barely had any... interest? Or opportunity to RP with the Buschs.... but I do recall it being mentioned that the OGs of the group grinded the mining script to unproportional wealth... Is this true? 

In retrospect. I'd be curious to see the actual depth put into the trucking company that is insited sets it apart from just a company who takes advantage of those grinding a script job....

I have been roleplaying with the Busch family and Co. for quite a few months now (on and off for those months) and can say that I've invested a lot of my own time in helping develop the company.

Whilst a lot of people do just spam the trucker job - we do try to avoid this and also promote RP opportunities; throwing parties, meetings, and conversations with people at the yard, offices, and other venues. The group of people who truck RP with each other a lot of the time, even if it's just a talk at a drop-off, or even romances that have occurred. Due to the large number of people in the company it naturally attracts more RP to those in the area - someone has beef with another person and this gets dragged onto the yard? Now all of a sudden 5 extra people are now in this RP scene. The company is trying to slow down as much grind as it can, although the trucker job is just that - grindy - but it fuels most of the server.

There's multiple layers to the company with a holding company on top of the Transport group that offers a higher level of legal and office RP. It's an idea that can definitely be expanded on more and in many ways is in the process of doing so. We've recently been developing a ranking system in line with GTAW but draws from real world licensing that we can build on in the future - I don't believe any other trucking company is doing this.

Edited by Horner
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Henning said:

This is news to me. As a member of Property Management, I would love to see examples of this actually happening, instead of just spouting out false accusations.

21 minutes ago, Horner said:

I have been roleplaying with the Busch family and Co. for quite a few months now (on and off for those months) and can say that I've invested a lot of my own time in helping develop the company.

Whilst a lot of people do just spam the trucker job - we do try to avoid this and also promote RP opportunities; throwing parties, meetings, and conversations with people at the yard, offices, and other venues. The group of people who truck RP with each other a lot of the time, even if it's just a talk at a drop-off, or even romances that have occurred. Due to the large number of people in the company it naturally attracts more RP to those in the area - someone has beef with another person and this gets dragged onto the yard? Now all of a sudden 5 extra people are now in this RP scene. The company is trying to slow down as much grind as it can, although the trucker job is just that - grindy - but it fuels most of the server.

There's multiple layers to the company with a holding company on top of the Transport group that offers a higher level of legal and office RP. It's an idea that can definitely be expanded on more and in many ways is in the process of doing so. We've recently been developing a ranking system in line with GTAW but draws from real world licensing that we can build on in the future - I don't believe any other trucking company is doing this.

I am just being honest when I say that none of the above contributes to the server as a whole.... In essence, and I say this as constructive criticism, not bashing the Buschs… They have monopolized the first initial trucking company utilizing the most recent major change.... In which they used "Old money" to expand assets in order to support an influx of truckers seeking to circumvent paying X amount of taxes from renting a truck... Easy business model, and they should be applauded for the savvy move.....  Partnered with the lack of availability of a better script job, they get an influx of people who 1. Attribute the Busch's as a ranking member of the social hierchy, in character and out of character..... and 2... They simply earn more by working for the Busch company, or ANY company for that matter, because they do not have to rent a truck.

An opportunity was given through what I see as a lacking attempt to provide "Real trucking"... Yet is still tied to the heavy burden of script mechanics.. Want products? Well, request them and they are automatically sent..... It removes any and all effort from actually running a realistic business. 

With all that junk above being said..... I'm curious if the trucking company portrayal, and the IC meetings thereof involves DOT class inspections, Logs, hourly restrictions, commodity scales, and the things typically associated with such commercial operators...… Even if they are purely RP

Busch has the wealth scriptly (I assume?) to own a mansion... But was it obtained through in depth roleplay? I had meetings on my previous character almost every other hour with some of the leading RP businessmen and faction heads for a month straight.... Did it warrant an application for me to own a mansion? No..... 

In my opinion, and I assume PM... A vast majority of the wealth created, and thus the "presence of wealth" was gained from grinding a mining job back when it was the thing to do.... Now that trucking is the thing to do, that wealth has been used to fill a yard full of trucks, and get every new player and their Slavic brothers to work for Busch, generating the "company" 10%"??? revenue each haul, with little to no effort besides supplying a truck to those players...

Once again... I think that Busch should not be punished for this, as its clearly an issue with the economy and the mindset put forth in developing such systems...…

IMO, trucking and its automated system should be eliminated as it exists currently, and commodities should be put in its place with an ever changing value for each location that sells a specific product.. The prices should fluctuate almost every 3-4 minutes.… This opens the gate for distributers to employ people on every end of the island waiting to catch a good deal.... Then, those items should be distributed via actual WORD OF MOUTH... If you need fish or car parts.. Well you should have to approach a distributer selling those goods  organically.... No rely on an automated script. If you succeed heavily in THIS type of business/script model.. Then you've EARNED, and actually worked for your wealth... You've made the networked connections to be able to raise revenue, and you've produced a sound reason to go swipe a mansion off the market...

While I know this is not an RPG, to the extent of following resource mechanics... I feel that involving players in a series of checks and balances, such as felling timber to refine it into bats at a factory... Or Mining aluminum to refine it into car parts..... Should be the first step before we even think about trucking... Once these commodities are produced... Then a truck should be scriptly the only way to transfer X amount of these products from A to B... Not only do we open the doors for lumber companies, mining companies, fishing companies, and everything else we can dream up... We also supply a valid need for other companies to source goods and commodities, which ultimately creates a more viable, and in depth system. Prices will fluctuate as people try to get rid of over stock... Prices will rise as industries lack commodities being produced (as people will tend to go where the money is at)……. To me, this is how an economy should function. (Albeit its obvious scripting availability, would be a challenge)

The later, yet current script... Not so much. When Busch steps outside of a script method to obtain wealth, then I think they will have earned some honor in the mix.

Edited by Alexandra_Forge

Actually, I see a lot of misconceptions in this thread which I can try to clear up from the Property Management's perspective, as we seem to be the ones being painted as the villains in this particular scenario.

Let's start with the obvious first one here.
During my time in Property Management (which is about a year now, I think) and as far as I am aware in the time nobody has been awarded any houses in the Rockford Hills area by Property Management. Nobody. 

Now, I am not sure what has been told to the Busch family to make them believe that the reasons for not getting them are specifically because of their roleplay, but I can assure you that is not the case. We are simply not offering those types of houses to anyone on the server for the time being, as there are no ways for us to distribute this in a fair way. Nor do we have the manpower to evaluate every single player looking for one of these properties in a proper fashion. 

I can not speak on what will happen in the future and I am not going to come up with any blanket statements to fully eliminate anything, but housing in Rockford Hills is not a priority for the time being.

So on that note, I am going to keep this thread open for the sake of discussing definitions of how to portray wealth in a realistic fashion, but I would suggest lowering the torches and pitchforks when it comes to finding a scapegoat for why this and that person didn't get a Rockford house.

Because the short answer is; Nobody got a Rockford house.

• Upvote 3