Force a % of prison sentence to be IC [G]

Just hand out more realistic sentences.

Armed robbery in real life gets you 15 years - no reason we can't cut that down to 15 months.

That means if they want to RP on that character, they'll have to do it in prison or have a successful appeal - but if someone wants to avoid you, they're going to, and there's not much of a way around it. Forcing part of a sentence to be IC means they'll just wait to log on while you're not (and log off if you are.)

I hate to be that kind of the guy, but, if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime. Prison sentences are good enough, there are actually some that need to be raised, such as, all drug charges. PRISON ISN'T OOC PUNISHMENT, this is HEAVY RP server, and prison is there so you can develop your character further. You can't simply do a serious felony at Monday and get out at Wednesday. Hate me as much as you want, but I'm spitting facts over here.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

I hate to be that kind of the guy, but, if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime. Prison sentences are good enough, there are actually some that need to be raised, such as, all drug charges. PRISON ISN'T OOC PUNISHMENT, this is HEAVY RP server, and prison is there so you can develop your character further. You can't simply do a serious felony at Monday and get out at Wednesday. Hate me as much as you want, but I'm spitting facts over here.

Also like hearing people who commit serious felonies and then complain that jail is an OOC punishment. Don't become a criminal if you're not prepared to spend some time in jail on the off chance you get caught. Not sure how that's a hard concept to understand. You can't have your cake and eat it too. "I want to be a criminal, but I don't like jail RP!!!" Too bad, so sad. Comes with the territory. Be a smarter criminal.

Edited by Cypher
On 2/2/2020 at 5:11 AM, Shekh said:

No. Dont force the rest of us into this. Do you guys not remember lsrp? The average player wont want to do 5 hrs of prison rp. I dont even want to do 5 hrs of rp in the same place period. People will just get bored. 

You have given 0 actual good reasons for it being by force. If your reason is development, then by that logic why are PKs even a thing? The reason this isn’t a ck only server is because it would get boring.

if this is implemented you will just have people afking, getting banned for afk, more people quitting to avoid jailtime. Ect. Right now jail is not boring, you rp a little and can go offline when you want and it’ll be done. If you made it forced, it would benefit literally 0 people.

Not to mention the Ooc punishment aspect. You’re essentially saying: you broke a rule icly, now we will punish you oocly so you dont do that again.

If you don’t want to spend time roleplaying in prison and actually developing your character then don’t commit crimes. 

If you’re a criminal... prison is a huge part of the development. If you don’t want to take part in prison, go roleplay at a club or the mall. 

• Upvote 3

I have to agree with the point of "If you can't handle the time, don't do the crime." The servers point is to develop and roleplay with your character, and if you are roleplaying somebody involved with gangs and crime itself, prison is a very large part in that development and even more if they are in and out of prison all the time, one of the reasons why I think currently the prison is not really enjoyable is the fact that it's not that much active from both sides and this will change it, since it will force people to roleplay the outcome of their action and the jail will be more packed with more opportunities and roleplay for both inmates as well as custody staff. And if you are arrested for something on your legal character, you can RP it as it being extremely uncomfortable for your character, why? Because it's good character development actually. Last thing I'll say is that this is a hard RP server and with it comes the fact that you should develop your character which is the point, and if you don't, it kind of defeats the point of this whole server.

It's almost like your character is in prison, not a spa weekend.   If you're going to run about committing crimes you're going to go to jail, we're not on SA-MP playing Crazybobs Cops and Robbers.

People who sit there and complain about prison RP are only struggling with it because either 1. They can't bare to be in an RP situation they aren't the top dog in, or 2. They AFK in corners and tell everyone their prison RP experience was bad.

If you put effort into the prison RP, you get effort back, although dependent on what your character does that can be positive or negative.

I love how convenient it is for certain parties to always say “heavy rp” when it fits their needs and then “no thanks that’s unrealistic!” When it doesn’t. 

are you a criminal? Serve the time. 

don’t wanna serve time? Don’t be a criminal. 

actions have consequences and by the looks of it some of you wanna avoid the consequences part. 

• Upvote 1
  • MomoIsHere changed the title to Force a % of prison sentence to be IC [G]
  • mj2002 locked this topic