Postal Codes on map

Pillsbury

There’s a mod you can install that shows the Postal codes on the map, I have it but it came with my NVR but as for the suggestion maybe you could incorporate it into the gps system and housing system for example:

- When you purchase a house you get told to postal code and you could check with a command IG (TBD) - This’ll be implemented within the housing system and then you can hand out your postal code to whoever.

- Therefore this can be further incorporated within the /gps system 

Again, should be optional.

• Upvote 2

100% believe that it would be more beneficial to have an official map that shows all the street names with a search function for cross streets to find the location. @Cascade

If it's an issue with people properly reporting cross streets then change the 911 dialogue to ask for cross streets or script it so that it asks for the first street and then a second street entry instead of just...location.

Or set it up so that people can text the 911 number the location like you can with player phone numbers and have it push to all emergency medical or dispatchers. 

Realistically how many people would memorize all the postals in a neighborhood let alone a city? A gps will tell you the street names, as will street signs. I don't think it needs to be complicated beyond that for the general population. 

• 2 months later...

If this was added it would need to take into account IRL postal codes and they’d need to converse with factions so that it takes into account criminal RP too. Post codes could benefit gangs a lot, as they are used in street gangs as names and tattoos commonly. This would need to be carefully thought out and discussed with fac management instead of just thrown out to help PD without any regard for illegal RP as this is something that if done right can benefit everyone.

• mj2002 locked this topic