Postal Codes on map

Pillsbury

Short description: Adding postal codes from the edited map to a server-wide stance.

Detailed description: Howdy. So.. I am bringing this suggestion over from the LSPD Forums, as I personally believe it would only be fair for everyone to have the option for this, instead of only LSPD. Esentially, most of the LSPD uses a edited map (Click here to see that map) - we do not use the postals on it, however, 99% of the time, only for the street names because obviously regular GTA Map does not have them on. Adding this map, or the one seen Here would allow for civilian and Emergency Service crew to be able to help communicate, and generally find eachother during a situation where help is needed. If you didn't already know, the LAPD Currently uses something called a 'Reporting District' (RD) to allow Officers to know the general area the call is coming from. This video here shows the example of how the LAPD Dispatches.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? - Well, In general it would help Civilian and Emergency Services communicate with eachother in where an emergency might be present. There has been countless of times, where someone might be in a MVA, in a traffic stop, or any situation that is on a 'longer' main road (take SA Ave, Elgin Ave, Vespucci Boulevard for example). I can say, I speak for the LSPD when someone just says "Oh there was an accident on Elgin Ave" - we generally do not know where you are, besides Elgin Ave. And realistically, thats about a five mile road that stretches throughout some parts of the City.. this could take countless of minutes and precious time of getting someone the help they need. Using one of these two maps, would allow for the civilian to actually state where they are, almost as a pin-point location. If someone states "MVA that happened at 3209" Officers can now directly locate where that is, and we don't have to spend about five to thirty seconds on our map trying to find that street road. With the secondary map I suggested, it literally pin-points every corner, business, house, street.. you literally cannot be missed if you give a postal. Here shows the LA Reporting Districts - as seen, its basically a block of roads that are considered a 'District'. As seen on the secondary map I listed as-well, all areas of the City are spread out, 9000's Represent most of South LS, while 7000's represent the Northern side of LS. Allowing as-well, for more organization when responding to places. 

Additional information: Only thing I can see generally needing to be added, is a DLC.rpf that everyone download when connects.

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Upvote 1

I am already using this ingame, it is much easier for pinpointing locations and is not unrealistic. What Jennie suggested is also a nice addition to this. Would be way better for emergency services to do this instead of asking for people their phone numbers to do /sendlocation which in my opinion is cringy.

Edited by Tseard
1 hour ago, Jennie said:

It would be easier if the zip code appears next to or below the street name just next to the minimap, they/we could also use the GPS to mark a route to that place using /postal number or something.

Sadly enough, with GTA V it's not like SA:MP, can't get those on the minimap (I have tried and tried...) - unless someone else with modding abilities is able to, sadly, were missing out on this one.

43 minutes ago, LPX said:

I wish there was a way to filter the zip codes on the map, otherwise it'll be very messy for new players.

There is, with the secondary map I listed, it is sectioned out by numbers. All 9000's represent South LS, 8000's Represent Little Seoul, Vespucci and Downtown, while 7000's Represent the whole northern side of the map. 

• mj2002 locked this topic