Custom Female Hair Pack Update

fivexfiver

Short description: Addition/Replacement of current custom female hairs as per the video's below.

Detailed description: Over the past 6 months I have commissioned 30+ high quality female hairs. Most you may have seen being used in Facebrowser photos as I offered them for use in Single Player. I had previously offered the server an update to Soupiest's original pack with a selection of these hairs but at the time Rage had not been updated for easy mod/DLC pack use. I have since offered a new pack to be implemented in the server but as to my understanding there has been some hesitance in replacing any of the current hairs in use.

I am suggesting that the current custom hair selection in the video below, be replaced by the custom pack pictured in the second video (or some compromised version there of). The selection I have made is a mix of the most popular free custom hairs and a variety of hairs most used on Facebrowser from the ones I've commissioned. 

I am hoping that feedback from the community will show support for some changes to the current hair selection so that management will consider using the pack.

*Please note that at this current time the modding community has not discovered a way to add on new hairstyles. The vanilla gunrunning dlc added duplicates of the original game hairs and it is these duplicates that are replaced by the dlc packs. This gives limited amounts of hair models that can be replaced.

[VIDEO] GTAW Current Female Custom Hair

[VIDEO] Proposed Female Custom Hair   

*Please note that Menyoo doesn't show the replacements for 58 and 59 so I have added what would show up in those spots to the end at 76 and 77. If it is added to the server the vanilla hairs from the gunrunning dlc will show up in 76 and 77 as per the first video.

*NEW EDIT: 

Soupiest has solved the add on hair problem. Here is a preview of what the new pack looks likes. These no longer replace any hairs, just add on the new ones. The link for this pack has been given to Nervous for use on GTAW.

GTA V Add-on Female Hair Pack
GTA V Add-on Male Hair Pack

Commands to add:  None, current custom DLC pack would be updated.

Items to add: Current DLC pack would be replaced.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I believe it would add unique customization not offered anywhere else.

Edited by pixel
New information
  • Upvote 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1

Coming from someone who has made the initial pack and discovered the duplicated gunrunning hairstyles, I fully support it. Especially by looking at the well rigged/well-made commissioned hairstyles, I'd personally consider this version. 

I've been trying to find ways to overcome the major barrier for hair modding and that's simply the limit we have to deal with when it comes to adding or replacing hair. I personally do believe add-on hair is more than possible, and I've made some progress on finding what's possible and what's not. But rest assured I'd like to push the limit further on how many hairstyles we can actually have. Heck I'd like for us to have an unlimited amount at some point.

• Upvote 2

I think the replacement for current hairs should be pushed through considering pixel’s pack maintains the same quality throughout.

Can definitely see a use of variety for female character’s instead of the same popular 3 or 4 hairstyles used today. I’m sure a similar pack can be put together for Male hairs too, in regards of maintaining the same quality so that one isn’t preferred over the other purely for that reason.

• mj2002 locked this topic