Where does everyone seem to roleplay?

6 minutes ago, Serower said:

EDIT: The argument is about how lifeless the server feels, not about how there's a "lack of roleplay".  There just isn't people outside to even interact with, from a non-police standpoint even. I feel like I was wrong for mentioning that I'm in the PD in a topic like this because this is where everyone's focus is shifted now even though the discussion is not about me.

There's plenty of people to interact with, the question is how you do it.

And don't tell me it's unrealistic to talk to random people.

Here's a great example 

I never said it's unrealistic to talk to random people, that was never my argument.

My point is, server has 260 players yet I hardly ever see people really roaming around. All I see is people in their cars, and it really doesn't generate any roleplay at all.

I pass by 4-5 cars every 15 minutes, that's about it - even though the server has 250-260 players, so what exactly is going on?

22 minutes ago, Serower said:

EDIT: The argument is about how lifeless the server feels, not about how there's a "lack of roleplay".  There just isn't people outside to even interact with, from a non-police standpoint even. I feel like I was wrong for mentioning that I'm in the PD in a topic like this because this is where everyone's focus is shifted now even though the discussion is not about me.

I think the common denominator in all of your points is yourself.

25 minutes ago, Serower said:

I have my own IC social circle and my character is simply not the type of person to go around talking to random strangers just because they're a cop. My character is an introvert and gets burnt out quickly when socializing too much on the job, so it isn't really "poor of me", it's just the way my character is.

Questionable move on being an introvert cop. I was always told a police officer's biggest tool is his mouth.

26 minutes ago, Serower said:

not the type of person to go around talking to random strangers just because they're a cop

What is wrong with being a police officer and talking to members of the public in the community they serve.

28 minutes ago, Serower said:

I used to have a character like this in the past that would communicate with everyone around when I was in the PD, and I'd get some good roleplay

Bingo. Go back to that character.

28 minutes ago, Serower said:

and I had a lot of those people that were "allergic to cops" even

that's just like real life 

• Applaud 1
37 minutes ago, Critchalee said:

I think the common denominator in all of your points is yourself.

Questionable move on being an introvert cop. I was always told a police officer's biggest tool is his mouth.

What is wrong with being a police officer and talking to members of the public in the community they serve.

Bingo. Go back to that character.

that's just like real life 

I'm allowed to roleplay my own character.

People don't always choose jobs just because they're passionate about them, they simply choose jobs to pay the bills. Don't need to tell me to go back to a character just because they're extroverted... by your logic, all officers are extroverted which is obviously wrong. Introverted doesn't mean anti social, it simply means someone who is capable of communicating, but they just need a lot of time to recharge from conversations so they'd prefer to not engage in a lot of conversations, and that's perfectly fine. A lot of public speakers are introverted yet they excel at an act that others may associate with extroversion. 

Weak argument and you're steering off topic now. There isn't even an array of players to communicate with in-game aside from people driving around in cars, and that was my point in the topic. Don't really want to talk to you about what you think I should roleplay, I think that's something I'm better off picking on my own judging by my own experience.

37 minutes ago, Critchalee said:

I never said there's anything wrong with that. I roleplayed that in the past, now it's beyond me because I no longer find it interesting and I wish to break out from that and try roleplaying a more introverted character. This should answer all of your questions now. 

Rather not keep going back and forth with you as you seem to be missing the point.

Edited by Serower

I would personally love a cop or two to stop and chat with me as I go about rp life. Even pop into the bar for a soft drink and to make sure we aren’t causing any trouble.

Always nice interactions when Marcus Guerra stops by to harass us about customers parking in a fire lane! ?

7 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

WE NEED  :

• Dynamic economy.
  • Something else than /fuel to live for.
  • A law and punishment that makes you think twice.

You can connect the dots yourself on why this matters and why I posted this "randomness" on this thread.

agreed

1 hour ago, Midsummer Night's Dream said:

I can only speak for myself: on the forums--literally. And not out of choice. I'd rather the RP I engage with happen in the game because court proceedings on the forums have been a headache in a number of ways.

How about you tell nervous about it, so he can script a courthouse ig for you guys?:D (case dismissed plaintiff banned.)

Not a cop. Very social character. 

Still the streets are dead to me too. 260 players should not feel as empty as it does. Whats the cause? I cant tell. Maybe 200/260 are gang bangers and roleplay around rancho / buerro. 

Maybe its because you have 100 small 5 member factions that stick to themselves. Maybe people keep busy with generating income and simply dont rp as much as youd expect. 

Maybe the Number is a lie? Didnt take the administration for this type but maybe its only 100 players and the rest is a magic trick to fool us. 

Maybe the map is just too big for such a "small" playerbase. 

LSRP had 500+ players a couple years ago on a Los Santos interpretation that was propably half as big as the GTA 5 version. That felt lively but even then only on the east side. The west side was nearly dead even at 500+ players. Now we look here and got double the city with half the players.

I dont know what it is but I bet the admins got the statistics to analyse the cause if they deem it an issue. 

• Thanks 1