Where does everyone seem to roleplay?

On 7/7/2019 at 10:57 PM, Serower said:

Yes, they're mostly very closed off though and nowhere near as representative of a server with 260 players. I tend to find like 4-5 people on every block at max and even that only happens every once in a blue moon.

Not sure where everyone else is, but from a legal character's perspective that won't approach gang infested areas due their line of work, I don't find any other opportunities of roleplay available.

I do try to provide as much roleplay for others as possible, but from a legal standpoint; there hardly is any activity I notice. Gangs exist, but even they aren't as active as you'd expect them to be despite their faction threads stating otherwise.

Perhaps they are active, but indoors or within closed premises, which is what I'm noticing frequently amongst factions. Not to say that this is wrong, but I just feel like they miss out on a lot of roleplay opportunities just being closed off indoors and it really leads to a dead-looking environment.

Gangs are active, or atleast try to be. 

The problem is there is not enough people creating ghetto characters which is why the activity is dropping.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:50 AM, heat465 said:

Honestly I feel like the only way to find RP is to join some chat group where you can organize RP among each other, although staff would argue that its MGing but who isn't already doing this for ur buds in trouble??

Yeah I agree, there’s already so many people that message their friends to create a character to join their gang... so why can’t we do that with strangers?

The main trick to finding people and roleplay is using the map on the pause menu. There are two things to look out for in terms of blips:

• Custom Blips: These might look like green stars, green glasses or another blip you haven't seen in a location before. Gold Donors are able to place down custom blips on the map when they advertise using /bad. The blip will tell you what it is, and these can range from bars or clubs to players running car dealerships. 
  • Business Blips going green: You may sometimes notice that business blips like 24/7s or gun stores which are always on the map will occasionally become green instead of white. This is because the employee system and it's telling you that there is an active employee working there, so you would be able to go to these shops and interact with them.

These blips are extremely useful for finding roleplay - especially when your character doesn't really know anyone yet. At the very least, you will stumble across employees and people working at the business to RP with. However, you're more than likely to find other players to RP with at these places too. This is a unique system to GTAW, and in my view makes finding RP a lot easier than it has been on previous servers whilst also allowing the playerbase to spread across the whole map of the server instead of limiting players to certain areas.

25 minutes ago, Dom. said:

You gotta forgive me for being so in the dark, but is Mirror Park like Montgomery Park or Verona Mall? Is it where the undesirables hang out and do nothing but /anim leanfoot on their cars?

In short:

eff0e5996c9fbca159f0fcfc9f30edcd.png

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Atiku said:

The main trick to finding people and roleplay is using the map on the pause menu. There are two things to look out for in terms of blips:

• Custom Blips: These might look like green stars, green glasses or another blip you haven't seen in a location before. Gold Donors are able to place down custom blips on the map when they advertise using /bad. The blip will tell you what it is, and these can range from bars or clubs to players running car dealerships. 
  • Business Blips going green: You may sometimes notice that business blips like 24/7s or gun stores which are always on the map will occasionally become green instead of white. This is because the employee system and it's telling you that there is an active employee working there, so you would be able to go to these shops and interact with them.

These blips are extremely useful for finding roleplay - especially when your character doesn't really know anyone yet. At the very least, you will stumble across employees and people working at the business to RP with. However, you're more than likely to find other players to RP with at these places too. This is a unique system to GTAW, and in my view makes finding RP a lot easier than it has been on previous servers whilst also allowing the playerbase to spread across the whole map of the server instead of limiting players to certain areas.

In short:

eff0e5996c9fbca159f0fcfc9f30edcd.png

I live in Mirror Park in my friend's house :[

1 minute ago, Atiku said:

Don't worry about living there, just stay away from that carpark if you want to avoid the equivalent of Montgomery Park or Verona Mall

Thanks for the advice brother I promise I'll take it to heart

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Dom. said:

You gotta forgive me for being so in the dark, but is Mirror Park like Montgomery Park or Verona Mall? Is it where the undesirables hang out and do nothing but /anim leanfoot on their cars?

Yes and hi.

Edited by B!shop

As someone who actively roleplays around the tattoo parlor in Mirror Park I feel offended. 

But jokes aside

1. I had nice conversations while fishing and enjoying jetskying in sandy shores. Made contacts there that provided me with further RP later down the line (shoutout to Nicholas before he gets butthurt again ? :*)

2. Try to join a legal faction aside from being a police officer

3. Go to public places. There are more businesses than just nightclubs

4. Befriend other police officers. They all obviously have a private life so why not engage with them? How nobody got the idea to make a bar where police officers are the regulars is beyond me (nearly every town has one of those)

If your character is a shut-in, introvert however he will face the same consequences as someone IRL - a dull personal life with little to no action. Except IRL you can still recieve entertainment from the comfort of your home - GTA World does not provide this.