Making Gun Shot Wound roleplay more enjoyable - but how?

Cobra

2 minutes ago, Tseard said:

And for that problem, you can go to the admin team, make a /report in-game. I understand that is frustrating since we have that problem too when we are arresting someone. That is how you deal with it.

This topic is about finding ways to keep people engaged in the roleplay so it doesn't come to having to report them - a report wouldn't help the situation regardless.

Personally I don't think anything can be done without the backing of the staff team to stomp out lazy RPers. 

Just now, Captain said:

If the thread is derailed into telling FD how to treat people maybe that’s what people think the problem is like you guys asked?

You'd think so, but then it's people who have no idea what they're talking about. They want us to just use gauze and bandages and ship them off to hospital, that's not a plausible answer. 

We need to keep people engaged whilst not diminishing RP standards. 

Edited by Duke
1 hour ago, Captain said:

It’s not fun for both parties we’ve established that. There needs to be a way to simplify the roleplay for both sides in a way that doesn’t take from the quality but doesn’t drag on forever to the point where already fatigued players are just tabbing out with their stuck cameras and inability to even do animations.

Let me just refer you back to your comment captain and the part about "fatigued players". It's really not our fault when we try to RP and the other person is burnt out and not interested. That's their problem, not ours. The fact of the matter is, people hate losing and it shows when the vast majority of GSW calls go the same way, very little response and taking their time doing it. 

I treated a GSW to the arm recently and the dude was engaging In the RP. 15 minutes and he was already at the hospital, this would be for most cases if people actually paid attention and engaged with the EMS treating them. Sadly this is not the case and as such drags scenes in to infinity.

Just now, Captain said:

Just build your RP with other people in mind. 

We try, but most people roleplay being unconscious or show no signs of engagement. 

You make it sound like we get there and just start throwing gauze pads at them, but no, we get there and met with a wall of silence while trying to engage in meaningful RP. 

• Applaud 1
Just now, Duke said:

We try, but most people roleplay being unconscious or show no signs of engagement. 

You make it sound like we get there and just start throwing gauze pads at them, but no, we get there and met with a wall of silence while trying to engage in meaningful RP. 

Truth.

This brings me back to the whole RP fatigue shit. I would honestly try to just make it easier for the person who’s hurt to sit there and stfu. It’s hard to be engaged when you just got clapped up icly lmfao.  I’m just being honest. 

Just now, Captain said:

This brings me back to the whole RP fatigue shit. I would honestly try to just make it easier for the person who’s hurt to sit there and stfu. It’s hard to be engaged when you just got clapped up icly lmfao.  I’m just being honest. 

Yes but we do the basics and any less than that makes us being there completely pointless. May as well just call a taxi and go to hospital yourself.

Just now, Captain said:

You're kinda encouraging subpar RP because someone feels butthurt they lost in a shootout. 

10 minutes ago, Duke said:

That is called breaking 1.0 Common courtesy, and player report. and make a roleplay quality report. I don't enjoy when criminals go immediately into /b and say "I wasn't speeding". The fact of the matter, unless you're an admin, you have to deal with it.

Edited by Roach

So a few take aways I've got from this thread is, you want less robotic RP, and more qualitative RP.

Less /do What is your pulse? 60-100 is normal; /do what is your breathing rate 12-18 is normal

and more /do Would your pulse be normal?; /do would you show any signs of difficulty breathing

• Keane locked this topic
  • Keane unlocked this topic