petty forum reports

TBH, the amount of "petty" reports would be drastically less if it didn't take 1-2 sometimes even more hours to get a response to an IG report that would take max 2 minutes to handle...I understand admins are busy people but still. A better system needs to be worked out. The amount of times I've /report in game only to wait an hour to be told to make a forum report is a lot. It's a system that desperately needs to be fixed. 

• Upvote 7
1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

TBH, the amount of "petty" reports would be drastically less if it didn't take 1-2 sometimes even more hours to get a response to an IG report that would take max 2 minutes to handle...I understand admins are busy people but still. A better system needs to be worked out. The amount of times I've /report in game only to wait an hour to be told to make a forum report is a lot. It's a system that desperately needs to be fixed. 

I agree but here's the thing: There's too much players and reports but we only have a few admins available, making impossible to deal with every request. One day when the server reached the peak (850-900) I saw only 8 admins available and on duty. Now imagine only 8 admins dealing with a bunch of requests and PMs at the same time? Maybe the staff should recruit more players.

On 3/21/2024 at 11:13 PM, Lindsie said:

Follow rules and you have nothing to fear. It's simple as that.

Pretty much what @Lindsiesaid at the beginning of this topic. 

We get 700+ to 900 players and we have a few admins on duty. Admins haven't got time to argue with players on who did what, instead it's a million times easier just to let the players go forward with a forum complaint, regardless of what the player is being reported for. Also doing it via the forum will allow admins to track player records for references.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:08 PM, MikeDawg said:

Plus you don't know if a person actually broke a rule or not. But this server also favors legal RP and the petty forum reports can also be to their own privelage or advatanges. I don't think y'all seeing it from two different POV's.

On LSRP we had the report formatter where all you had to do is put in a name, a video/screenshot and list the broken rule and it would automatically generate a complaint 

• Upvote 1

I think a good fix for the system would be to temporarily remove admin discretion for serious offenses. On a certain SAMP server they had a blanket punishment system. Didn't matter how serious or petty the violation was, if you actually broke the rule, you got the same punishment anyone else would. It made people think twice about breaking the rules.

I find that a lot of people don't think twice about breaking the rules because they know that a lot of the time admins are a lot nicer than they probably should be. Which isn't always a bad thing, but sometimes it can backfire & lead to repeat offenders taking advantage of the niceness of our admins. They end up repeating the offense over & over until they get banned. Would save admins & the server a lot of trouble & hassle by simply making a blanket punishment system instead of admin discretion for serious offenses like Deathmatching, Metagaming, etc etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
12 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

I think a good fix for the system would be to temporarily remove admin discretion for serious offenses. On a certain SAMP server they had a blanket punishment system. Didn't matter how serious or petty the violation was, if you actually broke the rule, you got the same punishment anyone else would. It made people think twice about breaking the rules.

I find that a lot of people don't think twice about breaking the rules because they know that a lot of the time admins are a lot nicer than they probably should be. Which isn't always a bad thing, but sometimes it can backfire & lead to repeat offenders taking advantage of the niceness of our admins. They end up repeating the offense over & over until they get banned. Would save admins & the server a lot of trouble & hassle by simply making a blanket punishment system instead of admin discretion for serious offenses like Deathmatching, Metagaming, etc etc.

^^^ this.

Edited by Tony
On 3/22/2024 at 3:04 AM, ScarletRose said:

Honestly, more people should /report first before immediately jumping into a forum report. And even before /report, you can PM the person to try to resolve it without having to get an admin involved. Especially for super minor things.

A lot of issues can be solved with basic ingame communication. Immediately jumping straight to a forum report when the situation could’ve been easily resolved ingame just wastes everyone’s time and floods the forum report page with petty reports. 

this honestly. I got reported once for a car crash when it could have easily been resolved through a simple PM

The rules are partly to blame. The rules are written in a way that mandate admin involvement oppose to player led solutions. I've been on servers that encourage player led resolutions to conflicts and find they have a much better culture around these things. Take things like car accidents. If everyone involves agrees to void them why not allow that to happen without admin involvement? Admins will complain about being overwork but leaderships writes rules that requirement admin involvement into everything on a server so large. I've seen companies publicly traded on the stock market with less bureaucracy than this server. 

Edited by Power
  • Upvote 2