Removal of assets used in rulebreaks.

26 minutes ago, Gapis said:

It's written a bit chaotically but the premise behind it is sound.

Basically if you engage in blatant rulebreaking (things like Deathmatching, Vehicle Deathmatching, non-rp driving to escape law enforcement) that then gets punished by an admin, you should, in addition to the OOC punishment, lose the assets/items used in said rule breaking.

We're not talking about losing $200,000 car for not roleplaying a crash properly, but there are instances of people deliberately breaking OOC rules during altercations with Law Enforcement to sit out a 30-60minute ajail but keep expensive firearms/avoid their vehicle getting towed. This should not be happening.

I would extend that suggestion to all outstanding IC charges that should get immediately applied once the player get ajailed in a situation that prevents his arrest. 

So just because and I'll humor this, a player is trying to avoid getting killed right? They're driving at a high rate of speed; then GTA 5 physics does GTA 5 physics (you hit a curb and your car goes launching, don't @ me I've played GTA:O since I was a young teenager, it's a thing) and the party chasing you wants to still kill you. But you manage to land a sick ass 5080 dead spin and continue on; NOW you're subject to lose your asset that is to your character because of GTA physics LMAO.

But I'll give another scenario as well, so lets say you get wrongfully ajailed and/or punished. You go through a staff report and it concludes after the month long debacle of back and forth between handling SM, Lead Admins or possible just Nervous himself. You spend lets say a month and some change and now that you're punishment free, you just submit a request for MORE work on staff members sides? 

1 minute ago, sensual said:

i genuinely dont know why or how people can look at this and not think its a good idea.

ajails mean nothing. bans mean nothing. the punishments handed out are laughable sometimes for the rules broken. this is a good idea, honestly.

+1

You don't know why or how people don't look at this and not think it's a good idea?? It's because it's in a more blunt of words a dog shit idea. 

Ajails mean something, bans mean something. You might not think that they don't mean something, but have you ever personally tried applying for something through applications? If the answers no, you wouldn't know having to stay out of trouble for upwards of 3+ months to even remotely apply for X, Y, Z. Not only does it apply to applications for stuff to further roleplay experience for others, you have to worry about now some shit tier idea of losing assets because you may or may not get in trouble?

Now I will agree across the board, if you don't want to risk losing any of your assets, don't break rules. But lets just say this right? Most people don't have the idea of when they're logging in for the day to GTA:W that "oh hey, I'm going to get into a situation and if I win, I'm going to be reported because the other party is salty about taking a L" OR "oh hey, I'm going to get into a situation and if I lose, I'm going to be reported because the other party is salty about taking a W" people report just to report and nobody roleplays anymore. It's just sad that some of the people I've grown up playing SAMP LSRP with, they've just grown tired of people not staying IC and just being all about the report section.

Onto my main point though, this suggestion, is just a bad idea. It's more work on the staff members, because once a report's concluded either in favor or not in favor. If it's in favor of a person breaching a rule, it'll result in the staff member having to reach out to the appropriate level of admin to have items removed from X character slot. Which is a lot of micro managing (we already have a fuck load of that, so lets just make it easier and not do this dumb ass idea)

if ur offended by any of my profanity grow up, most of us are 20+ u can read a few blunt words.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, marbella mondays said:

The what and que is a way of saying  FUCK NO if that wasn't already clear

Would it fuckin' kill you to be more descriptive with responses so oh I don't know... PEOPLE DON'T GET CONFUSED? Kiiiiindaaaa like the guy you replied to did. Just saying"What?" Says absolutely NOTHING, doesn't add to the thread, doesn't help the discussion in any way. At least -1 or +1 actually expresses an opinion, even though those are almost as useless and cringe as "what?" when they're not accompanied by anything.

Anyway I digress. 100% behind this suggestion despite what some have said, ajails mean very VERY little to the kinds of people this suggestion is aimed at and even if they do eventually get banned it still doesn't discourage the disruption meanwhile. Most are not gonna be applying to legal factions or other things which ajails on your record would typically effect. Being punished needs to hurt A LOT more than it currently does, more so if it's a second/third punishment. I know from time to time assets do get yeeted if they're blatantly misused but it's something that needs to be encouraged as an ENHANCEMENT to punishments that should be severe. Players won't care much about spending 30/60 minutes afk in ajail, they'll sure as hell care about their assets. Though I do agree it needs to be judged individually with discretion and perhaps approval by a level3+, this should avoid MOST administrative errors/poor judgement. 

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 3
5 hours ago, sensual said:

i genuinely dont know why or how people can look at this and not think its a good idea.

ajails mean nothing. bans mean nothing. the punishments handed out are laughable sometimes for the rules broken. this is a good idea, honestly.

+1

9 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

the server standards are a bit too low now, and a lot of the problem players will be screaming and shaking about how this is the worst idea ever

Lotta' folks gonna' come in here and do anything to justify protecting unrepentant rulebreakers.  

• Upvote 3

This is a fantastic idea, and the people who are crying at the very suggestion of it are saying more about themselves than anything else.

+1!

Edit: This should apply heavily to vehicles like OP said, but should just as heavily apply to guns.

Edited by borhoi
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Warblack said:

basically u saying that every time someone get ajail for like poor escalation, his gun needs to be removed?

If they cannot even RP with a firearm, properly, then why should they have it? Same with businesses and other assets. 

• Upvote 3