State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Power said:

So my only recourse is would be to forum report them for them to say more than likely they were lagging and get leniency from the admin. IDK how you fix that because the other day I was playing on Hotel Wifi which was really crappy and I could of easily crashed into someone so you don't want to be punitive to people with legitimate lag because of the AH who crash into people and either lie or just refuse to RP car crashes. 

People who lag or know that they have sync issues shouldn't be driving at 100+ mph through the city to begin with.

• Upvote 4
4 hours ago, Jeroen said:

People who lag or know that they have sync issues shouldn't be driving at 100+ mph through the city to begin with.

You don't have to be going 100mph to crash into someone at an intersection. 

3 hours ago, Power said:

You don't have to be going 100mph to crash into someone at an intersection. 

They're addressing that the ones that do crash and claim desynch tend to drive 100mph-120mph, crashing into other vehicles since it did not render for them due to the speed.

9 hours ago, Jeroen said:

This is something that has always baffled me. 

I’ve had people crash into me at 100+ mph telling me “sorry my game didn’t load in” like damn okay, then why are you driving so freaking fast if your game isn’t loading properly? These types need to face some consequences I won’t lie. 

• Applaud 2

I'm not sure if that has been mentioned already, and if it was, I'm probably just echoing it. But I always had the sometimes controversial opinion that the cars in our server are just way, way too fast for a "realistic roleplay environment" all across the board.

It's not even that the traffic cops are lacking, they sure aren't, but when every single car you buy safe for maybe some extreme examples go from 0 to 80 in a matter of four seconds of holding W, that's almost an incentive, or rather a facilitation for people to just drive like maniacs for the sake of... it's just simpler to hold W than to keep tapping it and battling against the car that wants to go fast.

I know commands such as /sp exist but I rarely see anyone using it. I'm not sure if Rage supports it, but I've seen some completely different car throttle and speed scripts on FiveM called "cruiser mode" that give vehicles a much more realistic acceleration and top speed that is fairly easier to manage, and doesn't go maximum speed with a single hold of W.

I know that's an unpopular suggestion since a good portion of the server enjoys doing just that, racing around, but I do point at how fast every car is when the subject is having unrealistic traffic and driving in the server.

• Upvote 3

I am torn on the idea of this. I think one of the biggest aspects is with regards to traffic problems isn't so much the amount of high speed madness that occurs, but moreso the fact that it sticks out so vividly when it occurs. By and large, cars drive with at least some degree of caution required which ties in with the element of realism we're trying to attain.

That said, driving isn't everybody's idea of tremendous fun, and driving isn't necessarily going to be the defining element of somebody's character development. Often times for players, cars are nothing more than a necessity to get from one roleplay opportunity to the next, and it brings absolutely no enjoyment to them. They still drive in a manner that won't get them involved in a collision, but if somebody's doing seventy in a sixty, that's something that's probably understandable. Even if they're tip-toeing to 80/85, and still checking, that's somebody who is going to do a thing. I'm not entirely sure that this category of driver needs to be continually stopped by cops to partake in roleplay that they might not necessarily have joined for.

I think the most contentious point is definitely the street racing. Some people like it, some people despise it, some people are indifferent. I'm torn here too, because car modifications are something that allow players to express themselves through love and car to a vehicle and show it off and have illegal street races. They happen in real life. Where it can get muddy is how it's executed by those participating, and how it can in turn interfere with those who are not so keen.

There are times where street racers will pick a drag out of the way. Buen Vino is a prime example of a road that has/had racers on it, and this didn't necessarily have an adverse affect on others. There was roleplay to be had from these situations, for racers, Police and Sheriff's alike. It was good.

Then you get this kind of thing:

In summary, I think there are aspects that require tidying up, but I wouldn't say that the entire community should be tarred by the same brush.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see LEOs "lead by example" on this, and currently some do not.  They speed around and don't stop at junctions, without ELS on.  And WITH ELS?  They speed through at like 120 without even slowing.  So new players see this going on, even from LEOs...and think it's acceptable.  There needs to be a better and easier way for people to report poor driving from LEOs, perhaps a central, publicly visible place on the forum where videos can be posted.  Make it easy for this stuff to be called out.  And yes i'm kind of picking on you, not because I "dislike LEOs" but because people look to you guys for high standards.  If you're not driving properly, people see that as the standard of the server.  FD on the other hand? I always see them drive really well.  Ambulances always stopping at junctions, not speeding, even with ELS on they use caution etc.  So it IS possible.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 2
3 hours ago, Paenymion said:

I'd like to see LEOs "lead by example" on this, and currently some do not.  They speed around and don't stop at junctions, without ELS on.  And WITH ELS?  They speed through at like 120 without even slowing.  So new players see this going on, even from LEOs...and think it's acceptable.  There needs to be a better and easier way for people to report poor driving from LEOs, perhaps a central, publicly visible place on the forum where videos can be posted.  Make it easy for this stuff to be called out.  And yes i'm kind of picking on you, not because I "dislike LEOs" but because people look to you guys for high standards.  If you're not driving properly, people see that as the standard of the server.  FD on the other hand? I always see them drive really well.  Ambulances always stopping at junctions, not speeding, even with ELS on they use caution etc.  So it IS possible.

LEOs drive 120 mph through intersections because the car they're driving drives 125 mph through intersections.

9 hours ago, Jeroen said:

LEOs drive 120 mph through intersections because the car they're driving drives 125 mph through intersections.

Then maybe the LEOs should exercise in character caution as they would in real life and think WOW THIS IS A REALLY DANGEROUS SPEED AND WE ARE PUTTING THE LIVES OF CIVILIANS AT RISK BY PURSUING THIS VEHICLE IN THE MANNER THAT WE ARE, MAYBE WE SHOULD PULL BACK. 

I’ve been crashed into by cops just as many times as civilians. 

• Upvote 1