Taxi Dispatch - Remove the customer name completely, it promotes Metagaming.

16 minutes ago, Late said:

Just think of /taxi as uber/lyft/bolt etc. You have to give your real credentials to Uber. When was the last time you actually CALLED and spoke to a human to order a taxi anyway? That's a rarity now.

In a city where the crime rate is on par with Haiti then it's only natural that some kind of ID checks would be mandatory. 

Is it really such a big deal if your friendly neighbour taxi driver pulls up and is like "Hi Vash? Taxi for you sir." 

What's he gonna go with this information? Rat out all of your criminal enterprise. Kindly get a grip sir.

This is on the spot.

• Upvote 1

+100
Yes please, I hate that taxi drivers know some of my characters names, some of my characters go by Nicknames only, and would never give out there real name to a taxi app.
I love giving taxi drivers RP when I can, but hate that some metagame knowing my name, because realistically some of my characters would not have signed up with a real name, its fairly easy to sign up with fake names too really.

33 minutes ago, Cindy said:

+100
Yes please, I hate that taxi drivers know some of my characters names, some of my characters go by Nicknames only, and would never give out there real name to a taxi app.
I love giving taxi drivers RP when I can, but hate that some metagame knowing my name, because realistically some of my characters would not have signed up with a real name, its fairly easy to sign up with fake names too really.

Then don't use taxis.

1 hour ago, Late said:

Just think of /taxi as uber/lyft/bolt etc. You have to give your real credentials to Uber. When was the last time you actually CALLED and spoke to a human to order a taxi anyway? That's a rarity now.

In a city where the crime rate is on par with Haiti then it's only natural that some kind of ID checks would be mandatory. 

Is it really such a big deal if your friendly neighbour taxi driver pulls up and is like "Hi Vash? Taxi for you sir." 

What's he gonna go with this information? Rat out all of your criminal enterprise. Kindly get a grip sir.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Fried. said:

-1, if you call ahead for a taxi they’re going to ask your name, simple as. 

This is refreshing to hear, great news. 

Nevermind how the taxi market has likely evolved because of the wildly dangerous nature of the city alone. I could see taxis implementing security by requiring anyone using the taxi service to have an account with information that can be verified with the police department or the DMV. If you want to fake it out? Just use a mask while calling, and let the results be as they be, which is a pretty much assured rejection.

• Upvote 1
On 1/4/2024 at 9:42 AM, glitterandheels said:

I do agree. You're never asked to give out your name so I don't understand how they'd have that information. If anything, it could connect you to a hotline or an NPC taxi service where you are automatically asked to provide a name which can also be a fake name.

Because caller ID exists IRL.

• nickM locked this topic