How do you even enjoy GTAW?

Jerm124

On 12/27/2023 at 1:06 AM, vralf said:

suggest redacting this statement before you're met with a hefty faction bashing ban.

I mean, the hospital faction isn't too bad either @Astralsomnia otherwise i fully agree with your view, some of the factions on this server are awful.

(Can't get banned for faction bashing if you don't specify a faction)

Edited by Coburn

personal experience when rping completely alone and how to make new friends:

1. hang around with a faction or be in one, one of my characters was lucky because they were a hobo which created a ton of rp avenues to meet plenty of people

2. if you live in an area, visit the same spots from time to time, or walk / bicycle and just generally hang around the area or wherever you want to make friends

3. don't be scared to approach someone you think is cool, strike up a convo or alike, cause a lot of people are just like you, and if you're too anxious try small talk at first, every stranger your meet is a possible friend (or enemy) or compliment them. One super important thing though: don't bother approaching groups of people, most of the time it's friend circles that don't give a damn about anyone, try and chat with one or two people tops at once, away from big crowds so you don't get lost in a sea of random text

by then maybe your new friends have friends and you might as well form a friend group, or have tons of friends here and there (hopefully)

hope this helps a lil

• Upvote 1

I don’t even play world yet but I did used to roleplay a lot.

If people are ignoring you and you’re getting bored it sounds like you’re not roleplaying something very interesting. That’s not a criticism, do what you want, but it sounds like you want interactions and people to be interested so you need to be interesting.

Easy way is to join a faction that’s interesting or the harder route is to do something yourself. Make a name for yourself doing something you enjoy.

Also another point I found out later into my RP “career” is the longer you can stink and focus with one character the naturally more interesting it and you become as you build a real history and connections with people organically. To make new characters a lot and for them to be good is very hard, also to rotate characters takes skill. Focus on one and keep at it, you’ll find it becomes more interesting the more you put into it like a snowball effect.

Edited by Kendrick_Underwood

It's definitely a hard thing. Over the years I have RP'd many different characters. 

LSPD and LSFD were probably my 2 favourite.

Now, coming back after about 3 years off I know nobody and barely RP with people when I am able to get on. The one thing that drives me though is the passion for creativity and I now treat it as art, Right now I have a few different ideas and am going to let them come to life naturally even if I have to RP solo. My advice would be just that, find the art inside it, create a forum thread you can work on and watch it grow and that may give you some satisfaction and purpose to your RP. 

Nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment in any aspect of life.

ps - Shoot me a DM if you'd like to RP sometime. 

My method for this currently is to create a new character and basically not making up a story, I have a back story but other than that everything that happens to me is RP. Do I want my character to be a College Graduate? I go to LSU. Do I want my character to be an ex-pilot? I go to flight school. Do I want my character to be a cook? I go take up the job in a restaurant or a cafe.

Overtime this type of organic build up allows you to have lots of friends and money and a set of skills required to legally make money. This would allow you to faction jump and enjoy the game however you like and since your character is a well-built one it is easy to do so.

You could also roleplay as a drug or a weapons plug for certain illegal factions building up relationships with a few of them. Going to their parties as an associate, enjoying basically any event they do and if the time comes even join them. Yet my method kinda works best for the legal roleplay purposes. 

Just a few things you could do to get some RP

Pull over on the side of a busy road, /createscene something-something smoke coming out of the engine bay. Open the car's hood, do an anim checking it, and wait for someone to stop. Someone will soon enough.

Get a boombox and look for a station that plays guitar music, place the boombox on Legion Square, the Vespucci clothing store, outside the Little Seoul LTD, or smth like that and do one of the guitar anims. There, you have a performer. People will stop and interact with you.

Walk around busier areas, maybe stop someone and ask for directions. Make up a story or just get chatty about why you want to go to that place. Try to get the person's interest somehow and carry the conversation away from the "I need to be somewhere".

Stop to look and appreciate someone's car. Comment on it, and maybe take pictures. Mention your character's hobbies and say you wanna post those pictures in a car blog or whatever.

Try to get a protest going about something. Doesn't even have to be anything of your interest, but these things attract people.

Roleplay hitting something with your bicycle and falling in front of someone. It hurts... 😞 Not enough to call for an ambulance but just enough to thank that person for stopping and helping you up.

Some ideas you can grow into contacts or at least make yourself known a bit.

Edited by Amellis
  • Upvote 3