Why (or should) can the death penalty be handed to a character that PLAYER-KILLED Officers?

brimifulweather

3 minutes ago, godsavage said:

But in this situation, the cops went above and beyond to act like heroes in the hood. Where's the scrutiny for that?

Ran into a group that they knowingly knew was at least "of six" (as stated by a cop, but it was actually more) all because of a call for ONE person with a gun out. In the same area that houses two gangs that these faction's aren't unfamiliar in interacting with. These are gang INFESTED areas, as stated by @Smurf

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, godsavage said:

But in this situation, the cops went above and beyond to act like heroes in the hood. Where's the scrutiny for that?

If you wanna make the argument that they should be CKed as a consequence of poor/reckless conduct then that's another conversation that I don't really feel equipped to take a stance in without having actually seen what happened. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Barbary said:

If you kill four people, be they LEOs, civilians or other criminals, the death penalty is plenty warranted. Demanding CKs because your character decided to become a killer and got caught isn't equivalent.

Are you hearing yourself? Most of these character never decided to become criminals, they were influenced by the violence and criminal activity in their area, they are bound to end up portraying that life when they have no choice. 

On top of that receiving a death penalty would mean the individual has already killed someone. (CK'ed someone)

" Capital murder is murder that may be punished by death. Capital murder involves murder plus some type of aggravating circumstance, such as murdering a police officer. "

If the officer is not CK'ed a First Degree Murder is more suitable as a charge imo.

• Upvote 6
1 minute ago, Snoof said:

If you wanna make the argument that they should be CKed as a consequence of poor/reckless conduct then that's another conversation that I don't really feel equipped to take a stance in without having actually seen what happened. 🤷‍♂️

now you have

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

There were four cops. That's plenty. What, you want us to pull up with 20 cars and a helicopter for every arrest? And then you complain that the police sends too many units for 1 guy.

If we send too many, we're not allowing illegal RP to exist. If we send too few you want us CKed. Make up your damn mind.

4 cops for 6 ((Was like 11 pretty sure)) gang members in a very shady alleyway that's infested by gangs is enough? 😭. I've seen more than 4 cops in 1 traffic stop for someone running a intersection. 

Those four cops decided to act like heroes and try save the day, and paid the price for it once they got left in the alleyway. I don't see why they shouldn't be CK'd if Quincy is getting CK'd? Atleast give Quincy the option to either take the Death Penalty, or roleplay as a lifer character. 

Edited by FatBoyTrell
  • Upvote 6
6 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

There were four cops. That's plenty. What, you want us to pull up with 20 cars and a helicopter for every arrest? And then you complain that the police sends too many units for 1 guy.

If we send too many, we're not allowing illegal RP to exist. If we send too few you want us CKed. Make up your damn mind.

Four cops entering a gang infested area with at least 6 IDable gang members (Possibly more within the project, which you should expect if you are dealing with that gang) on the scene possibly heavily armed, no one would cry about sending too many as that's realistic. If someone does, they have no brain.

• Upvote 5
5 minutes ago, taytay said:

Are you hearing yourself? Most of these character never decided to become criminals, they were influenced by the violence and criminal activity in their area, they are bound to end up portraying that life when they have no choice. 

On top of that receiving a death penalty would mean the individual has already killed someone. (CK'ed someone)

" Capital murder is murder that may be punished by death. Capital murder involves murder plus some type of aggravating circumstance, such as murdering a police officer. "

If the officer is not CK'ed a First Degree Murder is more suitable as a charge imo.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Smurf said:

now you have

Still an incomplete picture because I don't know what they knew coming in, but based off this it looks like they ran into a funnel where they couldn't actually see what they were running into and got massacred before they had a chance to fully assess the situation. I don't think running into a project firing squad is something they should've seen coming if they were going in blind. I wouldn't have.

• Upvote 2