Why (or should) can the death penalty be handed to a character that PLAYER-KILLED Officers?

brimifulweather

1 minute ago, taytay said:

Not to be an asshole but considering the way this was handled If It depended on me? Situation would be voided and the LEO's handling the situation would be warned for no fear rp.

"

- Cops pull up on wanted criminal

- In the backstreet of a gang-infested project building

- Jorge Nava enters said project building after wanted criminal retreats inside, the entrance is guarded by two presumably well known affiliates of said gang and there are several other shady people running around

- Project building may as well be a fortress, two exits, one on either side, elevated positions all around

- Cops all get killed, one of them stops running to press his panic button and fails, but does it anyway after being dead

- 4 dead cops after they predictably get annihilated by an inferior force because they tried to force the issue of the arrest somewhere that didn't favor them at all

"

It was their choice to act like heroes. They should therefore face the consequences. 

• Upvote 4
20 minutes ago, AnthonyCourtney said:

Why shouldn't the cops be CKed considering somebody else is getting CKed for their deaths? It's more than a reasonable situation.

I'd argue Demaine would have a case for CK requests for lack of fear in general even if this had not resulted in the death penalty.

- Cops pull up on wanted criminal

- In the backstreet of a gang-infested project building

- Jorge Nava enters said project building after wanted criminal retreats inside, the entrance is guarded by two presumably well known affiliates of said gang and there are several other shady people running around

- Project building may as well be a fortress, two exits, one on either side, elevated positions all around

- Cops all get killed, one of them stops running to press his panic button and fails, but does it anyway after being dead

- 4 dead cops after they predictably get annihilated by an inferior force because they tried to force the issue of the arrest somewhere that didn't favor them at all

Facts right here

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, munnezza said:

Cops are not more important

You're not asking for cops to be equally important, though. You're asking for 4 characters to be CKed just because a criminal roleplayer decided to shoot them. That's not 'equal', that's 'below'.

The criminal getting CKed is a consequence of his choices. There needs to be some IC punishment for murdering 4 cops in broad daylight else everyone would do it with impunity.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1

It's because the criminal is the active party in creating the situation they're being penalized for. Sorry, but it's not supposed to be a 'fair' game. The punishment is harsh because shooting at the police is something you're supposed to be discouraged from doing. CK'ing cops for doing what they're there to do doesn't help anybody or improve anything.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, munnezza said:

It was their choice to act like heroes. They should therefore face the consequences. 

Sadly alot of Cops get away with acting like heroes... 

A few weeks ago an undercover detective hopped out on 8 gang members ALONE! No back up, he got out ALONE, and started aiming his gun at everyone, and I gunned him down. Now if my character was caught for the murder, I'd get hit with 9999 days in Jail, but the undercover would get away unless I actually pushed for a CK on the person, which I did.  

There's a VERY simple solution to this whole situation. And it's to Character Kill the cops/players if the killer gets hit with a Death Penalty. 

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Snoof said:

It's because the criminal is the active party in creating the situation they're being penalized for. Sorry, but it's not supposed to be a 'fair' game. The punishment is harsh because shooting at the police is something you're supposed to be discouraged from doing. CK'ing cops for doing what they're there to do doesn't help anybody or improve anything.

But in this situation, the cops went above and beyond to act like heroes in the hood. Where's the scrutiny for that?

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Snoof said:

Cops get shot in real life every single day, when tensions rise and a criminal is on the run a shooting between gang members and police is bound to happen, especially when the police is entering a gang infested area in a shady project where they are clearly outnumbered.

• Upvote 7

@Quincy its truly best for you to report these 4 cops as they enacted a really genuinely stupid thing with not valuing their life. Specially like several people have mentioned a gang infested area, seeming as though you're being targeted with being warned as well. Why not make everybody suffer too, since illegal chars are only being punished both on an IC and OOC basis with this.

• Upvote 10