(Rule 9 Change) Restrict all (M) characters unless part of a faction

GTA:W's mentality is this...

Adults shouldn't RP as minors, but minors should RP adults. 

Banning Ms doesn't solve the problem in the slightest. We've had cases where literal OOC minors have been caught ERPing with adults without revealing their age. Yet, World doesn't want to enforce a disclaimer that all players must be 18+ to join the server? 

• Upvote 3

- 1 I feel like this will do more bad then good. No one should be limited to roleplaying a minor character just because they aren't apart of a faction, although I think they should keep it realistic when developing their minor character without being around a faction, using the environment and resources they are given. No point in discontinuing the concept at all.

I feel as If certain characters rise attention to your eye, you can always report them to roleplay quality management to assure they are portraying their minor character with absolutely no malicious intent, while making sure they are providing a realistic portrayal overall.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, DLimit said:

Yet, World doesn't want to enforce a disclaimer that all players must be 18+ to join the server? 

This cannot be enforced. Removing (M) characters can be.

As for why I want them removed, I frequently see them:

- shooting it out with SWAT

- landing headshots like John Wick

- driving at 130 mph like they're professional racers

- fighting adults

- making sexual comments

- owning nice cars/places

All things that aren't realistic. The lack of CPS is also a huge issue, because if a kid got caught with a gun they wouldn't just release him back into the wild without investigating the parents. A lot of (M) chars hide guns and drugs in their house as if they live alone.

And what happened to the recoil (M) chars received, anyway? Why can an (M) char do anything an adult char can?

Edited by pateuvasiliu
26 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

All things that aren't realistic. The lack of CPS is also a huge issue, because if a kid got caught with a gun they wouldn't just release him back into the wild without investigating the parents. A lot of (M) chars hide guns and drugs in their house as if they live alone.

Sounds like we should require (M) characters to have a legal guardian that has the power to restrict them from shit if they're caught :3

We've been down this road a thousand times. The problem is not the existence of Ms, it's that many people who play them who are unable or unwilling to take realistic flaws or issues that come with playing a minor.

If you restrict M characters to factions, you're just gonna turn it into a checkbox that people have to deal with. The M character will still be dogshit.

If you restrict M characters entirely you're just going to run into the situation where suddenly the server is overrun by 18 year olds who've act like Gangster John Wick.

Stop dancing around the problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic