(Rule 9 Change) Restrict all (M) characters unless part of a faction

59 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

This cannot be enforced. Removing (M) characters can be.

As for why I want them removed, I frequently see them:

- shooting it out with SWAT

- landing headshots like John Wick

- driving at 130 mph like they're professional racers

- fighting adults

- making sexual comments

- owning nice cars/places

All things that aren't realistic. The lack of CPS is also a huge issue, because if a kid got caught with a gun they wouldn't just release him back into the wild without investigating the parents. A lot of (M) chars hide guns and drugs in their house as if they live alone.

And what happened to the recoil (M) chars received, anyway? Why can an (M) char do anything an adult char can?

You'll have the same poor quality RP, but with adult characters. In the process, now these adult characters will be all minors. 

Removing M chars doesn't eliminate poor quality RP, and neither does it stop Pedophilia. Now, the OOC minors are adults, and GTAW didn't make a disclaimer claiming that they are prohibited from playing on an 18+ server. Who's accountable, at that point? The server permits minors on an 18+ game that consists of violent and sexual themes. The same game that is rated "R" and "Mature" on an international level.

I read one person claim "Now I can't say anything because an M is in the area. Ban Ms" and I'm sitting here like: "Well, what if that adult character is a 14 year-old in real life?". People are more upset about adults playing Ms than actual minors being on the server.

If anything, banning Ms will now conceal pedophilia more easily because adults can now prey on minors that pose as adults, making it harder to trace. The server permits IRL minors on this game. Many servers push fourth that minors are prohibited on their servers, and they do not have issues of pedophilia. Reasoning is, once it is ever found out? The person gets permanently banned.

Edited by DLimit
48 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

This cannot be enforced. Removing (M) characters can be.

As for why I want them removed, I frequently see them:

- shooting it out with SWAT

- landing headshots like John Wick

- driving at 130 mph like they're professional racers

- fighting adults

- making sexual comments

- owning nice cars/places

All things that aren't realistic. The lack of CPS is also a huge issue, because if a kid got caught with a gun they wouldn't just release him back into the wild without investigating the parents. A lot of (M) chars hide guns and drugs in their house as if they live alone.

And what happened to the recoil (M) chars received, anyway? Why can an (M) char do anything an adult char can?

- anybody with a gun can shoot at LEO, it happens. kids(teens) are charged as adults for this shit; this video being an example

- a bullet doesn't have a name, just a place of destination; anybody from any age bracket can catch a headshot (putting the blame on the player behind the char's aim being good isn't fair for anybody)
- lead foot; inexperienced driving. I can see what you mean, but most of the time I never have seen personally anybody that isn't of legal age to drive (16 within America)
- ive seen 13-17 year olds in my own neighborhood fight grown ass men, so really if you can't fight and are boo-hooing about losing a script fight. learn to take a loss and move on, your ooc ego isn't going to be inflated for beating on a kid ic
- I AGREE WITH THIS ONE FULLY, I've personally seen (M) characters say "suck my dick" now it's not meant literally but it's still a grey zone cause people don't understand the insult behind it not being literally to do that action.
- RPQM issue, make a report against it nothing we can do as normal players.

Having CPS would just create a weird thing because you'd take away all the (M) gang affiliated kids and put them in one area, now you have an internal conflict within CPS of having rivals all in one area and having to deal with constant fighting. It's not fun to deal with, specially from that perspective. Plus most of the time, (M) chars NPC having parents and/or guardians ranging from elder brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents.

Again with the recoil thing for (M), stop malding over a player having good aim. That script still exists and does punish minor characters with giving them a more difficult recoil pattern to try and control; players are just better, skill issue. If you see any minor character doing adult things, immediately report them. We all want those weirdos gone from the server; you know what I'm talking about without me having to drop titles, words and/or labels.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
17 minutes ago, DLimit said:

People are more upset about adults playing Ms than actual minors being on the server.

Its because there's bad history with minor characters. Someone made a documentary about creeps on 2nd life, and now anytime someone sees a kid in RP, they assume its for degenerate reasons. I honestly don't think anyone really cares about "sparing the kids" from adult content.

7 minutes ago, Smurf said:

- anybody with a gun can shoot at LEO, it happens. kids(teens) are charged as adults for this shit; this video being an example

Also this. I mentioned in a similar thread how, even at 12, I was shooting guns, wasn't even a terrible shot. I think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations for how (M)s should act and be capable of. Teens aren't small children, they're almost adults. Either people were sheltered, or they forgot how they behaved at that age.

Edited by Suraru
spelling
1 minute ago, Suraru said:

Its because there's bad history with minor characters. Someone made a documentary about creeps on 2nd life, and now anytime someone sees a kid in RP, they assume its for degenerate reasons. I honestly don't think anyone really cares about "sparing kids kids" from adult content.

Also this. I mentioned in a similar thread how, even at 12, I was shooting guns, wasn't even a terrible shot. I think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations for how (M)s should act and be capable of. Teens aren't small children, they're almost adults. Either people were sheltered, or they forgot how they behaved at that age.

Yet, the cases of people abusing M chars, sexually, are the smallest minority possible. Two cases and Ms got banned for non-gang RPers, but when we have cases of RL 16 year olds ERPing with adults? They get permanently banned without any rule changes. Why the rule changes for one side, but not the other? Is it really because it is the pedophile pushers that should be banned instead of actual Ms?

Just now, DLimit said:

Yet, the cases of people abusing M chars, sexually, are the smallest minority possible. Two cases and Ms got banned for non-gang RPers, but when we have cases of RL 16 year olds ERPing with adults? They get permanently banned without any rule changes. Why the rule changes for one side, but not the other? Is it really because it is the pedophile pushers that should be banned instead of actual Ms?

Because as someone pointed out, its easier to enforce character ages than player ages. You can lie about your age, and its not practical to card everyone who wants to play. Character's though, you can track.

I can fully understand why the owners here want to reduce predatory behavior, you can ban creeps all day but they keep coming, there's seemingly an endless supply of them. I get the rationale how restricting under 16s to gangs can reduce the amount of gross shit the admins have to sort through to ban your stereotypical 2nd life RPer. And I can empathize with that, its probably tough and triggering to see that shit as an admin.

I still disagree with it though. I suggested my own ideas for how to handle this in two different threads, ranging from an additional whitelist app, to straight up requiring all (M)s have a player guardian. Even if you restrict them to gangs, its not gunna stop people from being gross, and honestly creepy people aren't even exclusive to (M)s. I shouldn't be punished/restricted because of the behavior of shitty people.

I do agree though, more should be done. This server is overflowing with horrible RPers, not just in content but skill; people who don't seem to understand both the rules of the server or the etiquette that's helped keep large communities produce high quality story driven RP, not just trolly PvP that's barely in character.

(I am the queen of run-on sentences)

4 minutes ago, Suraru said:

Because as someone pointed out, its easier to enforce character ages than player ages. You can lie about your age, and its not practical to card everyone who wants to play. Character's though, you can track.

I can fully understand why the owners here want to reduce predatory behavior, you can ban creeps all day but they keep coming, there's seemingly an endless supply of them. I get the rationale how restricting under 16s to gangs can reduce the amount of gross shit the admins have to sort through to ban your stereotypical 2nd life RPer. And I can empathize with that, its probably tough and triggering to see that shit as an admin.

I still disagree with it though. I suggested my own ideas for how to handle this in two different threads, ranging from an additional whitelist app, to straight up requiring all (M)s have a player guardian. Even if you restrict them to gangs, its not gunna stop people from being gross, and honestly creepy people aren't even exclusive to (M)s. I shouldn't be punished/restricted because of the behavior of shitty people.

I do agree though, more should be done. This server is overflowing with horrible RPers, not just in content but skill; people who don't seem to understand both the rules of the server or the etiquette that's helped keep large communities produce high quality story driven RP, not just trolly PvP that's barely in character.

(I am the queen of run-on sentences)

It doesn't change a thing, though. That's the point. It'll be harder to track as people can lie about being minors on an OOC basis while RPing as adults. Banning Ms would make it harder to track predatory behavior. Predatory behavior will still exist regardless as to whether Ms exist on the server or not. Only difference is... harder to track, now, while still allowing OOC minors on the server.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Barbary said:

If you restrict M characters to factions, you're just gonna turn it into a checkbox that people have to deal with. The M character will still be dogshit.

Factions can be reported for failing to control their members. It would be a way tighter ship if (M) chars were restricted like that.

45 minutes ago, Smurf said:

anybody with a gun can shoot at LEO

A kid is going to have far less recoil control. A kid is more likely to OD or suffer permanent damage from drugs. A kid will get DESTROYED in a melee fight. A kid wouldn't be able to drive properly, especially when the car is fast or he's on drugs.

There are tons of things (M) chars do on this server that isn't realistic IRL.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Gore locked this topic