Aren't the changes in the robbery rules questionable?

barrio ruler
Message added by Gore,

Constant toxicity in this thread. Will be handing punishments to whoever chooses to continue.

fuck all these restrictions if u die while performing a robbery outside of your turf you get ckd.

people would actually invest in protection/security knowing theres consequences involved. and the criminals who put effort into scoping out victims wouldnt be hampered by a fuck load of rules

Edited by realitysurf
11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

If you made it so the robbers can be CK'd by their victims during the robbery you can remove every single robbery related rule on the server, the community will self govern through that and we can keep things entirely IC.

This, make this a fucking thing. Criminals will have to plan shit and be way more cautious when doing robberies. I 100% back this up

Edited by Allerion
  • Upvote 5
16 minutes ago, Alys said:

I like you Moonsong, but majority of illegal roleplayers put a LOT of effort into their roleplay to make sure they follow the rule. And you're currently ignoring the fact just looking at the server rules set up aimed at criminals, etc, if you compare it to the rules targeting the ''other'' crowd.
It looks more like you're just anti-criminal roleplay to be blunt.

Just simply look at the amount of rules that are targetting illegal roleplayers (robbery rule, heist rules, ck rules, scamming, store robbery rules, and a lot more) to make sure they are all holding the standard, dragging all illegal roleplayers using the same comb with the bad crowd is very unfair.

I've been on both sides of the fence as a criminal and civilian, hell I even tried robbing once many moons ago. It just does nothing for me, it doesn't mean I'm against criminal roleplay though. Exactly the opposite infact, I know as well as anyone else that you can't have one without the other, I'd love to see both sides co-existing and working together to find a better balance instead of "Let us use cars" which will just result in civilians vanishing inside again. It's the whole reason cars/vehicles were banned in the first place after the bf400 fiasco because it was just to exhausting to ban each new meta vehicle that became more widely used.

I totally understand that my post seems pretty generalized towards all illegal roleplayers, read a little further back in the thread and you'll see I made similar comments to you. However as I also said before, civilians only ever seem to see the worst parts of criminal roleplay and I'm sorry to say that most robberies ARE extremely low effort and sub-par, even though I don't doubt there might be some that's well roleplayed. I just haven't seen it. Hence I generalized.

Edited by Moonsong

At the end of the day the people ruining this for everyone are the people who do nothing but roll around looking for robbery targets. Which means that rules need to be made to target those people, not robbery RP as a whole. I think everyone can agree that players who do nothing but mug other players aren't making the server better for anyone, law-abiding or not.

The issue is finding a way to target that specific group without catching actual robbery circles in the blast wave.

6 minutes ago, Barbary said:

At the end of the day the people ruining this for everyone are the people who do nothing but roll around looking for robbery targets. Which means that rules need to be made to target those people, not robbery RP as a whole. I think everyone can agree that players who do nothing but mug other players aren't making the server better for anyone, law-abiding or not.

The issue is finding a way to target that specific group without catching actual robbery circles in the blast wave.

This, but sadly it's just a vicious cycle and those people are going to continue to find new ways to circumvent the rules but it seems players are either on one side of the fence or the other. Either they're fed up of the mugging roleplay, or they just don't want restrictions. I understand not wanting restrictions sometimes they can be difficult to keep track of but they're necessary if players keep robbing everything in sight.

24 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

This, but sadly it's just a vicious cycle and those people are going to continue to find new ways to circumvent the rules but it seems players are either on one side of the fence or the other. Either they're fed up of the mugging roleplay, or they just don't want restrictions. I understand not wanting restrictions sometimes they can be difficult to keep track of but they're necessary if players keep robbing everything in sight.

A major obstacle is that some folks on one side of the fence doesn't want restrictions at all. Strictly zero limiters on any criminal roleplayer, even the people who are responsible for these new rules being implemented, and it's dragging us all down.This newest rule expansion we're discussing here? I was one of the people actively trying to fight it because I saw the expansion on the horizon, and all I got was "yOu sHoUlD kEeP iT iC" or "jUsT rEpOrT iT"

...when I suggested IC legislation to increase prison sentences enough to disincentivize poorly planned criminal activities or legalise rifle ownership, there was OOC screeching of "jUsT rEpOrT tHeM"

...when I suggested more strict enforcement of rules against known problem players, I was met with "jUsT kEeP iT iN-cHaRAcTeR"

This is the price we pay. Stupid one-size-fits-all rules decided by a staff team that would rather make things difficult for everyone long before reconsidering any of the failed core rules that perpetuate this stupid sham of a suggested "realism".

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

Something people need to realize, the highlighted green text is simply clarification, not a new change. These rules have been in effect for some time now people, the post was in regards to clarification on several robbery rules, not effective changes in them. 

• Thanks 1