FLD is broken.

Kel Init
Message added by 808Masterus,

Website is back online at fld.gta.world.

1 hour ago, danistheman said:

Options are being suggested to make the process quicker. Like making the process more IC, or removing the senior staff check (something you even seemed to agree with)

So, instead of people just rushing in this thread to type "FLD aRe GoOd, ThEy aRe uNDErstAfFed, tHey ArE BuSy”, maybe, just maybe, stop making useless comments defending FLD and make some suggestions on how to Improve the system, the system that is clearly not satisfactory for the community.

Sure because anything that is not agreeing with the criticism is useless LMFAO.

And yeah, clearly, making the process IC, which will require for people to schedule, be in-game at the same time and so on, and take way more time given there would be roleplay involved is an effective way to make it faster, mhm.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

Sure because anything that is not agreeing with the criticism is useless LMFAO.

Nope, but people saying “FLD is understaffed” and “FLD are volunteers” after that has already been said 10 times is useless.

We know that already, instead of making it an endless back and forth simply because you enjoy arguing, suggestions could be made to improve the system.

12 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

And yeah, clearly, making the process IC, which will require for people to schedule, be in-game at the same time and so on, and take way more time given there would be roleplay involved is an effective way to make it faster, mhm.

Nah, that’s a shit suggestion. But thanks for the sarcastic suggestion.

No one here is suggesting to schedule IC meetings, that’s stupid, stop trying make our suggestions look stupid to try and win ur argument.

Earlier you described your unhappy experience of a senior FLD staff checking your app that had already been checked by a senior FLD staff. Do you want to talk more about that?

I assume not, because when you become argumentative, you have no intentions of finding a solution, your only intention is to win. Shame.

41 minutes ago, danistheman said:

No one here is suggesting to schedule IC meetings, that’s stupid, stop trying make our suggestions look stupid to try and win ur argument.

Individuals have suggested fully ingame applications before, including meeting with FLD personnel, and I thought you meant this until you've clarified yourself.

On 9/3/2023 at 7:01 PM, Dachke said:

I see no reason to get offended, especially considering that OP is not trying to actively bash or insult anyone, but just share his thoughts, give some input and start a healthy discussion about the current system and how it can be improved. 

This

On 9/3/2023 at 7:13 PM, nivopas said:

I have been in FLD Discord since December, I have never seen anyone get kicked, I usually answer questions and am always available in DMs as well. We all joke and meme on Discrd, I don't know what you are about.

I have been in FLD Discord on and off since January 2022, I have been kicked at least once in that time for trying to have a discussion similar to this one. Also been kicked for trying to nudge an application politely!

On 9/3/2023 at 7:54 PM, Cedinero said:

We're already overwhelmed with administrative processes in real life. People forget that this is a video game and it should be treated like it. Nobody wants to spend so much time and energy in virtual bureaucracy.

I completely agree with you. Can we come up with a better, automated system that doesn't cause FLD and players to spend so much time and energy on virtual bureaucracy?

On 9/3/2023 at 8:10 PM, rainbowlarva said:

I was in FLD for a long while...the systems on the website were streamlined (a tiny bit, it hasn't really changed much from when I was in it in 2021) it's ultimately still an outdated system that needs a serious restructuring.

Thank you!

On 9/4/2023 at 2:23 PM, Jeroen said:

The FLD site is back online.

It is - and my reissuance has been sorted! But I shall keep the thread open as I said I would. 😄 

On 9/4/2023 at 2:32 PM, danistheman said:

One suggestion that’ll speed up the process significantly, and lower the workload for FLD members is removing the “senior staff check”.

Currently all applications have to be a reviewing by 2 FLD staff, a normal one first, then a senior one has to approve. It takes a long time.

I think the “senior check” is quite unnecessary, especially for straight-forward PF applications.

Removing the stupid “senior check” could be one improvement to the system. If FLD wants to claim they don’t have enough staff, then stop making 2 staff review 1 application.

I like this suggestion - or at least, generally removing unnecessary human touchpoints on the application. Payment validation always drove me crazy...

On 9/4/2023 at 2:41 PM, Coni said:

What is the reason that this process is not Ingame to begin with? 

Why not handle the licensing like the drivers license IG. What exactly is the point of the application to begin with? I can construct a fitting story for every single character I create in order to justify a firearm. It's Los Santos after all. Just being a resident qualifies in this town 😄.

So if roleplay quality is not a factor (which is not easily determined through an application anyhow) then what remains is the exam?

Never seen the point of these convoluted application processes for firearms except to deter players from doing it and avoid having every OG, Vato and Skinhead run around with a legal firearm despite having a long criminal record. 

But those things could be handled IG aswell. Have the license expire permanently after being imprisoned. Make 60 hours playtime on a character a requirement or something like this. 

All in all it sounds like something that should've been moved IG a long time ago - we got more niche features than this IG already. 

I can't answer your question, but I like your suggestion. I think the license(s) should be acquirable in game, with an automated test (if applicable) and an automated check on your criminal points/charges. Also some basic checks on how many hours the character has, whether they have a valid residential address... There may be some exceptions but for the majority this would speed things up massively and keep it in game.

23 hours ago, Moyles said:

People just need to realize that actual people volunteer to do this and sometimes it might take longer than you expect. 

We completely realise this - but they don't seem to be having much fun, and we're not having much fun waiting. Why not try a better plan?

8 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

let me spoil something for you:

that's not up to FLD.

a lot of things players think are up to other players? they're really not. they're up to LFM or Management

Good Cause was pushed by LFM.

The overcomplication of CCW exams was pushed by LFM.

LFM wanted less players having guns. For one or another reason. I will not judge the reasons, nor the decision, or much less judge LFM, I'm just informing here.

and on top of that, I am preeeetty sure it may have even come from above LFM

I am more than happy to amend the title to "FLD and LFM are not working together" if that makes you feel better? My point remains - out of everything in GTAW, FLD is the most jarring, long winded and painful process of them all - and I've just got my helicopter license.

8 hours ago, danistheman said:

The main post here is not to shit on FLD, its to argue the system is broken and doesn't work. If the paperwork is too much effort for FLD members to do in a timely manner, then the system needs to be overhauled.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Kappaurel said:
  • FLD is controversial due to external factors that are not related to FLD people, such as how complicated the exams are or the need for "Good Cause". The process is complicated because they were asked to make it complicated.

Let's ask them to make it less complicated?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Dan Silverstone said:

I have been in FLD Discord on and off since January 2022, I have been kicked at least once in that time for trying to have a discussion similar to this one. Also been kicked for trying to nudge an application politely!

Then try to join it again, if you get kicked, it's because you can't keep a civil conversation. Someone just called me an asshole today for no reason, yet he is still on FLD Discord.

• Applaud 1

I don't know why people are suddenly changing the topic to FLD not being fast enough, I had my PF, CCW and guard card all issued within 3 days. Focus on the unconstitutional good cause and the absolutely ridiculously broken CCW exam that is thankfully being re-written according to @Reece?.

Thank heavens for that.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Martyn said:

I don't know why people are suddenly changing the topic to FLD not being fast enough, I had my PF, CCW and guard card all issued within 3 days. Focus on the unconstitutional good cause and the absolutely ridiculously broken CCW exam that is thankfully being re-written according to @Reece?.

Thank heavens for that.

More what I'm reading is 'FLD don't like having to do the painful volunteer work but do it out of necessity'. 

That says to me let's change the system to something that doesn't involve so much human oversight at every little step of the process. The ideas I and others have thought of typically involve a higher level of automation, which in itself would be quicker.

I would love to see good cause removed and the broken exam be fixed, but I'm not sure this fixes everything.