FLD is broken.

Kel Init
Message added by 808Masterus,

Website is back online at fld.gta.world.

The title says it all really - we already know the exams are incorrect, based on out of date knowledge or have multiple correct answers - this, coupled with slow application processing, is the bane of any legal RP'ers life (unless they're happy without a gun in our utopian version of California...). 

But now the website is just... Down? Down for days.

There's no ability to place a new application, there's no ability to process a reissuance application and so far, I've been ignored when raising a ticket in FLD discord.

Anyone with prior experience with FLD knows you'll just get kicked from the discord if you message more than once, so there's nothing else I can do on this front...

Seriously, what gives? Can we not come up with a better system? 🤯

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 1

I must have a gun to roleplay legally. 😅

The exams have been amended, they're fine. Just read the question.

These are actual people who don't get paid to look through your application; it's not automated as some people think it to be. This is a strawman argument. They try their best, and given the workload they have, it's very difficult to manage in a timely manner. 

And no, they can't just 'hire' more people. People have to come to them expressing they want to do it. It's not a forced position. This is a game, and it should not cause people stress like an actual job.

If you can come up with a better system, go for it but I can assure you if you want it to be an automated process, it can easily be abused and you'll be complaining about the influx of PF guns in a matter of days. 

No one seems to care about the people that actually put effort into this for the sake of other people.

Edited by Jaz
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Jaz said:

The exams have been amended, they're fine. Just read the question.

These are actual people who don't get paid to look through your application; it's not automated as some people think it to be. This is a strawman argument. They try their best, and given the workload they have, it's very difficult to manage in a timely manner. 

And no, they can't just 'hire' more people. People have to come to them expressing they want to do it. It's not a forced position. This is a game, and it should not cause people stress like an actual job.

If you can come up with a better system, go for it but I can assure you if you want it to be an automated process, it can easily be abused and you'll be complaining about the influx of PF guns in a matter of days. 

I'd rather an automated system than the lack of system we currently have. The current system is already extremely easy to abuse - I wonder how many 'stolen' PF guns are just... OOC friends coordinating with friends?

Have you tried going to fld.gta.world in the past week?

Also...

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

Most folks simply don't want to be unarmed because of the prevalence of violence and propagation of supplier and PF guns already. 

Me personally? I hold a senior rank in a security company and run a hobbyist hunting club in my spare time. Whilst my PF is expired, I can neither hunt nor use equipment promoted in the company services. Unless you think I could tase the boar?

• Upvote 2
Just now, Dan Silverstone said:

I'd rather an automated system than the lack of system we currently have. The current system is already extremely easy to abuse - I wonder how many 'stolen' PF guns are just... OOC friends coordinating with friends?

Have you tried going to fld.gta.world in the past week?

Also...

Most folks simply don't want to be unarmed because of the prevalence of violence and propagation of supplier and PF guns already. 

Me personally? I hold a senior rank in a security company and run a hobbyist hunting club in my spare time. Whilst my PF is expired, I can neither hunt nor use equipment promoted in the company services. Unless you think I could tase the boar?

I can assure you, as someone who lead an approach to tacking PF abuse as well as in-character strawman purchases, removal of the human element will just screw this over and cause more workload for admins as well as ruining the experience for other players.

Yes, I have tried to go onto FLD.GTA.WORLD, it's down.

It's down because it's a website that is a paid host. You're enjoying a free service. 

Yes, it has impacted your roleplay. shame that a system is not perfectly catered to you. Stop putting up ridiculous strawman arguments.

These are actual people running this system, they don't have too and there is nothing stopping them from just leaving. Which a majority of them have been lately due to posts like this slating them. Why can't there be a positive post for once?

2 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Why can't there be a positive post for once?

Because they haven't done anything good.

Having taken the CCW exam twice a few weeks ago, I can assure you that exam hasn't been rewritten. We have tons of people going through PF, GC and CCW and GC is the only one that seems to make some sense anymore.

Just repeating the phrase 'strawman argument' doesn't make it true - please elaborate on how my arguments are anything other than factual/sharing my own experience?

I think my issue is there actually aren't people running the system - at least, not in a meaningful way. Surely it would be better if they left, and allowed us to create a new system that anyone actually enjoyed?

There are no positive posts about FLD because there is nothing positive about FLD currently. An automated system, or some other system - which I was hoping to hear ideas about and discuss here - would be far better than what is in place and broken beyond repair. 

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Dan Silverstone said:

Because they haven't done anything good.

Having taken the CCW exam twice a few weeks ago, I can assure you that exam hasn't been rewritten. We have tons of people going through PF, GC and CCW and GC is the only one that seems to make some sense anymore.

Just repeating the phrase 'strawman argument' doesn't make it true - please elaborate on how my arguments are anything other than factual/sharing my own experience?

I think my issue is there actually aren't people running the system - at least, not in a meaningful way. Surely it would be better if they left, and allowed us to create a new system that anyone actually enjoyed?

There are no positive posts about FLD because there is nothing positive about FLD currently. An automated system, or some other system - which I was hoping to hear ideas about and discuss here - would be far better than what is in place and broken beyond repair. 

You won't be getting an automated system.

That's just stupid.

Just now, Storm said:

lets integrate chatgpt to grade the exams fr fr

Implemented.

Guarantee you if you were to get a CCW right now with no questions asked you'd close this thread within an instant LOL.

There's people who got 300 points - 400 points - 600 points per month.

There's people who go out of their way to actually allow other people to message them privately cause they are incapable of posting a passport photo(Which by the way isn't a requirement)

There's people who proactively help & have an open approach on it, and immediately take & handle apps. 

I've seen people first hand who've either just joined the server or have been on the server ace the exam without any fails or difficulties. It is quite literally an open book exam. Refer to the shaft code & penal code.

You do not need a gun to roleplay a civilian...

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Undercontrol said:

Guarantee you if you were to get a CCW right now with no questions asked you'd close this thread within an instant LOL.

There's people who got 300 points - 400 points - 600 points per month.

There's people who go out of their way to actually allow other people to message them privately cause they are incapable of posting a passport photo(Which by the way isn't a requirement)

There's people who proactively help & have an open approach on it, and immediately take & handle apps. 

I've seen people first hand who've either just joined the server or have been on the server ace the exam without any fails or difficulties. It is quite literally an open book exam. Refer to the shaft code & penal code.

You do not need a gun to roleplay a civilian...

morgan-freeman-pointing.gif

And for context, it's approximately 2-3 points per application. 

Edited by Jaz