FLD is broken.

Kel Init
Message added by 808Masterus,

Website is back online at fld.gta.world.

18 hours ago, danistheman said:

One suggestion that’ll speed up the process significantly, and lower the workload for FLD members is removing the “senior staff check”.

Currently all applications have to be a reviewing by 2 FLD staff, a normal one first, then a senior one has to approve. It takes a long time.

I think the “senior check” is quite unnecessary, especially for straight-forward PF applications.

Removing the stupid “senior check” could be one improvement to the system. If FLD wants to claim they don’t have enough staff, then stop making 2 staff review 1 application.

I would never want to shit on the LSPD, even less on FLD, they work really hard

but I really found funny the fact that a Senior checked the application to begin with, and it still required a Senior check (different senior?) LMAO

Besides that, I find incredibly hilarious that so many players are shitting on FLD and criticizing their work, when those players themselves wouldn't file a 5 minute paperwork cause "it's not in game roleplay". Most of everyone here doesn't know a thing about the experience of doing tons of paperwork and forum work for each bit of roleplay you get.

You should give it a try and then come back here. I bet my ass most of you would be way more understanding. (This last bit I said is not related to the post I quoted)

On 9/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, Late said:

Sure the exam isn't inherently hard, but it's cumbersome and time consuming for a game. I assume very few people ENJOY logging onto your FLD website, writing an application and trying to justify why their character should even own a gun, making up false scenarios and then stressing if it'll get accepted. Very few people enjoy doing this after a long hard day of work/school etc. Most people just want to log on and play the game, not jump through hoops for something so basic and let's be honest, i'm going to make an assumption here, i'm sure you guys in FLD would much prefer being IN GAME also! 

let me spoil something for you:

that's not up to FLD.

a lot of things players think are up to other players? they're really not. they're up to LFM or Management

Good Cause was pushed by LFM.

The overcomplication of CCW exams was pushed by LFM.

LFM wanted less players having guns. For one or another reason. I will not judge the reasons, nor the decision, or much less judge LFM, I'm just informing here.

and on top of that, I am preeeetty sure it may have even come from above LFM

17 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

Besides that, I find incredibly hilarious that so many players are shitting on FLD and criticizing their work, when those players themselves wouldn't file a 5 minute paperwork cause "it's not in game roleplay". Most of everyone here doesn't know a thing about the experience of doing tons of paperwork and forum work for each bit of roleplay you get.

FLD members made the decision to apply for a position that takes a shitton of effort and paperwork. No one forced them to join FLD, they choose to join, so they cannot really complain.

The main post here is not to shit on FLD, its to argue the system is broken and doesn't work. If the paperwork is too much effort for FLD members to do in a timely manner, then the system needs to be overhauled.

I would also like to mention that FLD automatically denies application if the applicant doesn't reply/ammend their applications in 48 hours. Its completely unfair that applicants only have 48 hours to reply, but FLD can take 2 weeks, if not longer to reply. Why is there such a time pressure for applicants but not for FLD themselves?

https://imgur.com/a/Ev00Uy1

9 minutes ago, danistheman said:

FLD members made the decision to apply for a position that takes a shitton of effort and paperwork. No one forced them to join FLD, they choose to join, so they cannot really complain.

The main post here is not to shit on FLD, its to argue the system is broken and doesn't work. If the paperwork is too much effort for FLD members to do in a timely manner, then the system needs to be overhauled.

I would also like to mention that FLD automatically denies application if the applicant doesn't reply/ammend their applications in 48 hours. Its completely unfair that applicants only have 48 hours to reply, but FLD can take 2 weeks, if not longer to reply. Why is there such a time pressure for applicants but not for FLD themselves?

https://imgur.com/a/Ev00Uy1

That one is answered quite easily. 

The delay from FLD is based on workload. The delay from a player usually based on negligence or careless-ness (e.g. changed character, not interested anymore, can't be bothered to retract application). 

If you would allow the players to answer over 2 weeks, the workload would increase by that value as you now have to constantly control applications, yada yada. The overhead would increase is what I am saying.

I say - bring it IG but if that is not an option the only other solution is to APPLY FOR FLD if you feel like it should go faster. Be part of a solution. 

3 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

because applicants handle 1 application, FLD handle hundreds upon hundreds a month

So your argument FLD is busy but applicants have plenty of time, garruanteed?

You understand that applicants themselves have other things they need to do? I know you spend 10 hours a day playing GTAW, but I myself unfortunately sometimes have to go a few days without touching my PC. That's enough for an auto-denial with FLD. Applicants can be busy themselves as well, but your too ignorant to understand.

FLD has got to be one of the most controversial things on GTAW, obviously that there's issues that need to be resolved, but plp like u are just too stubborn to accept and thats why these things never get resolved

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, danistheman said:

You understand that applicants themselves have other things they need to do? I know you spend 10 hours a day playing GTAW, but I myself unfortunately sometimes have to go a few days without touching my PC. That's enough for an auto-denial with FLD. Applicants can be busy themselves as well, but your too ignorant to understand.

FLD has got to be one of the most controversial things on GTAW, obviously that there's issues that need to be resolved, but plp like u are just too stubborn to accept and thats why these things never get resolved

• I go to college in the mornings to become an engineer and pay my college fees by working in the evenings, I don't have time to play 10 hours a week during workdays, no, poor assumption on your side.

• Checking FLD and amending whatever needs to be done takes 5 minutes or less. If you forget to check FLD that's different and sounds like an issue with your organization.

• FLD is controversial due to external factors that are not related to FLD people, such as how complicated the exams are or the need for "Good Cause". The process is complicated because they were asked to make it complicated.

Have a good day.

3 hours ago, danistheman said:

Why is there such a time pressure for applicants but not for FLD themselves?

What? This question makes no sense. It doesn't work like that. Not only in FLD, but pretty much in any ticket-related work environment. Yes, there are obviously KPIs in real-life, and it does matter how quickly a ticket is going to be solved by an employee, but FLD is not a work. It's voluntary for PD people who want to help out with licensing. Yes - they volunteered to help with FLD process, no one forced them into this, but it doesn't mean that they're obliged to rush through applications. It can take days and I think it's totally okay.

13 minutes ago, TBA said:

but it doesn't mean that they're obliged to rush through applications. It can take days and I think it's totally okay.

You’re right, I never said FLD needs to rush. I said that applicants should be allowed to take a few days to reply as well. I was unable to get to my PC for 48 hours to take an ingame photo of /stats because I was staying over at someone else place - therefor my application was automatically denied. Imagine being denied simply for not being to gain access to your computer and RAGEMP for 48 hours.

If FLD can take their time, we can take our time as well. Sometimes we have too.

1 hour ago, Kappaurel said:

FLD is controversial due to external factors that are not related to FLD people, such as how complicated the exams are or the need for "Good Cause". The process is complicated because they were asked to make it complicated.

FLD is controversial for many factors, not only ones that are external and decided by LFM. One of the biggest complaints is the amount of time it takes, which FLD themselves is largely responsible for. Options are being suggested to make the process quicker. Like making the process more IC, or removing the senior staff check (something you even seemed to agree with)

So, instead of people just rushing in this thread to type "FLD aRe GoOd, ThEy aRe uNDErstAfFed, tHey ArE BuSy”, maybe, just maybe, stop making useless comments defending FLD and make some suggestions on how to Improve the system, the system that is clearly not satisfactory for the community.

Edited by danistheman
  • Upvote 1