Common Courtesy Fight RP

CocainePVP

As a new player to the server, I have been playing a criminal Muslim. I loved a lot of the RP I got in the beginning, but as I encountered more people there was an increasing amount of Racist Jokes and minge from both my own group and other players. This isn't what is leading me to leave this server however.

Coming from VoiceRP, the text and /me /do is somewhat familiar. So for my first robbery, in a woman's home, when she /me suddenly knees the man in the balls, I though cool! A chance to RP some fighting. It went great, we landed blows on each other, and she scared me away. I loved this scenario, so I started thinking this is what all fightRP would be like.

The next day, I'm about to teach a lesson to a rival dealer. Long story short, I corner him unaware and charge him with a bat. He ignores all me /me, and scrolls out a claw hammer, even though he was just in a public BAR. (which is apparently totally not against rules) and kills me. I gave him an opportunity to RP, and as I /do to give him a chance to RP back and get a good fight in, he kills me.

Cut to today. I take a bat out after stalking a guy, and come out masked after him. I am typing out my /s STOP! and he turns and runs. I exit out my menu frantically, then chase after him. He proceeds to get in my car, and repeatedly chase me around ramming me into the parking lot. He finally gets me, and rolls over my head with a wheel. I PK all characters if they would die IRL in a situation, so that's it for my character. 

TLDR: People take advantage of typing to do things scriptwise, and it ruins ALL roleplay that could be had. It makes me more inclined to just skip out on any RP, which I really enjoy. 

So, my question. Do you all agree that there should be a rule specifically added to make sure fights that someone begins roleplaying cannot just be ended by the other scriptwise? With ZERO roleplay?

In my case, I'm done with TextRP because of the experience. I loved the server, and a lot of its' mechanics and scripts, but the community seems to be split between those who are here to Roleplay and those here to win.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 3

Those scenes u described where powergaming, which is already a rule. We do not need new rule restrictions.

you should have reported them tbh. But imo the only reason you should fight someone scriptwise is if it’s a fistfight, they’re unarmed and it needs to be the element of suprise, ect. For example if i was going to hit someone with a bat and they didnt see me, I wouldn’t wait for them to rp dodging it or whatever as that’d be impossible.

Connor here from yesterday. You can't change people's mentality into roleplaying fights properly. There's people who do but it's rare to find someone who does it properly and roleplays fear and injuries. In my opinion, if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll be working towards a change. You kept roleplaying unlike the other party. But again, like I told you yesterday, if you have proof of what happened, you should file a player report against him/them.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CocainePVP said:

In my case, I'm done with TextRP because of the experience. I loved the server, and a lot of its' mechanics and scripts, but the community seems to be split between those who are here to Roleplay and those here to win.

its a shame that you left us my dude, but this should be covered within common courtesy. people need to rp at all times, and not focus on rp to win mentalities. 

Hey there, I was playing Ivan last night.

I'm sure everyone in this thread has been burned in the same way I you have at least once. If not countless times. I know I have.

I absolutely agree with your suggestion, and I hope to see you come back around in the future. There's a lot of good fun to be had when you can distance yourselves from the sort of people like the one you encountered last night.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CocainePVP said:

As a new player to the server, I have been playing a criminal Muslim. I loved a lot of the RP I got in the beginning, but as I encountered more people there was an increasing amount of Racist Jokes and minge from both my own group and other players. This isn't what is leading me to leave this server however.

This part unfortunately you’ll see a lot. People will metagame your name to say that you’re obviously “Muslim looking” when it isn’t that simple, and furthermore, people will project their OOC views on groups of people ICly. It’s sad but some people aren’t good enough role players to separate their views and their characters. 

25 minutes ago, Lmao said:

I honestly dislike script fights as a whole, and ass-pulling hammers, wrenches, flashlights and things of that nature should honestly not be allowed. 

I hope you give the server another try, it has a lot more substance once you get past the first few layers. Always sad to see people leave

^^^^^^