Why is LCN RP so stigmatized?

subway244
Message added by goddessoflife,

Hello, will your post on this discussion be one of the following stated below?

Trollish, ai generated text, random pictures and comments that do not contribute to the discussion.

Then please do not post. Are you going to post anyway? You'll be content moderated without any questions asked.

A bunch of you still keep going on and on about how a massive powerful crime family would be unrealistic. 

Respectfully, who the fuck is asking for a spawned in massive family? We’re saying let us do breakaway small crews and stop trying to limit where our roleplay can take us. If we’re able to grow organically, then we grow. To say we shouldn’t be able to develop IC is seriously stupid; you’d essentially be asking us to stop roleplaying at a certain point. And again, that’s out of jealousy/disdain because LCN factions have the potential to take over the criminal world if manoeuvred correctly.

Anybody trying to argue the “it’s unrealistic and immersion shattering” point is bullshitting. I could get into a fist fight as a 250lbs man against a 120lbs woman and get knocked out because she clicked faster and better than me. That’s more immersion shattering than an LCN concept which most of you wouldn’t even interact with frequently at all lmao.

2 hours ago, Belisarius said:

To say we shouldn’t be able to develop IC is seriously stupid; you’d essentially be asking us to stop roleplaying at a certain point. And again, that’s out of jealousy/disdain because LCN factions have the potential to take over the criminal world if manoeuvred correctly.

I agree 100%.

The whole fun of GTAW is to be able to roleplay and not have to worry OOCly (to an extent) if what you are doing is right or wrong according to server policy. Let's say we did get a crew going, at what point do we "stop growing" in order to comply with a directive as vague as "don't be a crime family?"

It's like you're automatically guilty until proven innocent just because your character is an Italian-American criminal, and that kind of shit is what's gonna kill this community unless it's stopped.

Truthfully, the majority of players are either in support of LCN's existence, or simply don't care one way or the other. It's the minority of LCN haters that gets heard the most, simply because they're the loudest. It's like children screaming to get their way, where their shrill screeching drives the policy change rather than logical debate. It says more about them than it does about us.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Big Hitta said:

As soon as realism is done away with, real fun and creativity can begin.

This is a heavy rp server not a medium rp server. Realism should be the only thing that matters. Not creativity and fun.

The best arguments raised here against LCN are Jimmy Pro's outfits, stereotypical characters and perceived unrealism. 

I'd say it's doing pretty good when compared to the gangs behaving like MS-13 and the number of MCs who completely destroy any claim of realism in their representation of outlaw biker roleplay. 

The objective of this thread remains the same, to denounce an unneeded intrusion of IFM into players' goals. Bar that, anyone who dislike LCN RP will always have the means to stay away from it, unlike rampant gangs and the new MC that is created every week. 

• Upvote 2

I've seen both good and bad LCN portrayals, just like I see any good or bad RP. But I liked having a larger LCN presence around, it caused more blue-collar RP as well. It was fun to see Horizon work crews and the Docks being somewhat alive. 

More OCGs around at all would be good as they dabble much more in different kinds of "legal RP" in a way that's not disruptive. 

• Upvote 4
4 hours ago, Bolax said:

Just roleplay an Italian American gang instead of crying about not being able to do LCN.

This makes no sense the entire debate is the fact that if you roleplay a gang where do you go next? You cannot just roleplay a "gang" forever the politics behind the roleplay wouldn't allow this growth is needed so a structure can be built.

• Upvote 1