Different applications for criminal vs legal roleplayers

LoneRider

55 minutes ago, Bolax said:

Legal rpers actually break the same amount of rules, they just get given warnings more often because admins are soft on duel wielding cat ear lesbians.

Lmao are you for real buddy? How many real life tools the police has are disabled here so that criminals can get away with crime?

- Most cameras are disabled

- No facial recognition

- OOC rules for helicopters

- no phone surveillance

- DNA/fingerprint gathering is pretty much non existent

Criminal roleplayers break the rules more because y'all instigate. No cop or civilian ever shot a guy randomly.

I disagree with the idea of allowing people to join the server without giving them the possibility to experience all aspects of it and to have a fair chance of joining every faction.

Once somebody has successfully completed the application process, they should have sufficient knowledge of the rules to function independently.

Illegal roleplayers and LEO roleplayers may have further rules that only apply to them because of their particular style of roleplaying.

LFM recently posted new Helicopter rules for LEOs,

and ongoing updates to the rules reflect changes in the game's reality. 
Rules are in place to maintain high standards and enhance the roleplaying experience.

I'm not shutting anything down I just don't agree with you.

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

Yeah bro, let's check the forum reports section, do a tally to see how many civs get reported versus criminals. 

My faction has been dmed twice by mallrat cat ear wearing lesbians and both times the /reports ended n the individuals being given warnings. What I'm saying is true.

2 hours ago, Bolax said:

I'm not shutting anything down I just don't agree with you.

My faction has been dmed twice by mallrat cat ear wearing lesbians and both times the /reports ended n the individuals being given warnings. What I'm saying is true.

If mallrat cat ear wearing lesbians are killing you, they are by default not legal characters my man. They are very much illegal characters, committing illegal acts. Whether you like it or not. 

If you think the "legal" community appreciates these type of characters any more or less than the "illegal" community does, you are mistaken. The only people who like these characters are fellow lesbian roleplayers. They are a whole different type of sub-category all together. 

Edited by Martyn
4 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Problem is, that's not what the standard is. I literally had to tell four groups of muggers in a row within one session of play that they were too late because someone already held me up at gunpoint five deep to take my one water bottle with three lines of roleplay. Know what two of those groups did? Beat the ever loving shit out of my character for "bEiNg pOoR", and one of them escalated when I dared to suggest in /b that maybe I wasn't comfortable with being kicked straight into coma town while unconscious on the ground.

If this happens to me, I usually don't include it in my development or story. I simply forget it as soon as they are done. Cause honestly I have high expectations. And if people have to escalate it, in my eyes...they ain't here to roleplay. Same goes for itchy trigger finger people in expensive cars. I won't call them mallrats, cause I hate that term. What I see when I look at groups of people from both ends of the barricade, either neon cars and neon outfits, or gritty gangster looks who jump anyone for just being there....is Fortnite.

Edited by Engelbert

This entire discussion is stupid, and I will continue to drive home the point many other people have stated. This Illegal/Legal RP divide needs to go away, and has needed to for years at this point.

Characters should be complex, as this is a RP server, not a god damned RPG server. If you want to play a generic hood rat who shoots all his opps, go play FiveM. If you want to play a generic cop who shoots all the bad guys, go play FiveM.

The wedge we've hammered into this community is only getting harder and harder to yank out to restore the balance of the two "Sides" of RP, and actually make it enjoyable for everyone. The reason why Civilian RPers, (The few that actually remain. The numbers are becoming insanely limited.) complain about "Illegal" RP is due to the frequency that style harms us. I've seen on numerous occasions some insane RPG mindset from the Illegal side, to a point where the streets are entirely empty, and very few non gang-owned businesses are opening up due to "RP" that is blatantly there for script gain. When was the last time a robbery RP was done for actual character development? Almost never, it's always either to gain cash to buy someone a firearm to continue robbing, or to steal a PF off someone to arm them. When was the last time extortion was done to develop a character? Almost never, it's done to walk into a business, demand x amount of money for no protection or anything. Only to gain IC funds to buy guns, drugs, cars, whatever. 

I see the term Mallrat being thrown around more and more as well, but I really encourage the Illegal side of RP to take a deeper look into themselves and consider if they are as bad as these so called "Mallrats" they continue to scream about. I will admit, for some "Legal" RPers, that term is correct, but I haven't seen a true mall rat in quite a long time. Yank this wedge out of the community, bridge this gap between the two forms of RP before this servers eats itself alive. Only so many rules can be made to regulate the Illegal vs Legal debate before it drives everyone off.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
21 hours ago, LoneRider said:

What you're saying is obviously true, that every player should be accountable for every single rule. But this isn't what I am saying, and neither what this thread is about.

All I am saying is that criminals have to be much more careful OOCly than civilian / legal roleplayers. All anyone has to do to get a glimpse of what I am saying is to look at the report player section and they'll quickly realize that everything is stacked against criminal roleplayers in an OOC sense, and they tend to get banned much more often for things they can't necessarily control. They also get held to higher standards by the administration than their legal counterparts, that's all.

Can you give an actual example of something criminal roleplayers get punished for that isn't in their control? 

I think you're looking at these outcomes rather backwards, criminals have to be more careful because they choose to do activities that more of the rules apply too. 

Someone running a car dealership and spending their nights in a nightclub has fewer rules to consider than someone who intends to rob that dealership, potentially kill a person who isn't complying and then swing by that same night club to spend their gains. It's not that it is unfair, it's about the choices criminals and civilians make.

• Upvote 1