The new leasing system and its potential issues

Idea about adding leasing to the in-game cars to in-game is great, but I think it would be better to not give them all. It will later backfire with the already mentioned common curtesy moment where people who shouldn't is going to be driving around in too expensive cars. Less weight from PM, but it's kind of carrying over to RPQ. 

Instead it would be easier to leave some of the most expensive (like Pariah, Neon, Omnis e-gt etc.) cars to UCP together with special vehicles. And those that are serious about leasing them to write just there, those few cars won't change much. Most of the players won't lease them through UCP if they'll be rich enough to afford them in-game and simply buy.

7 hours ago, Robis said:

Idea about adding leasing to the in-game cars to in-game is great, but I think it would be better to not give them all. It will later backfire with the already mentioned common curtesy moment where people who shouldn't is going to be driving around in too expensive cars. Less weight from PM, but it's kind of carrying over to RPQ. 

Instead it would be easier to leave some of the most expensive (like Pariah, Neon, Omnis e-gt etc.) cars to UCP together with special vehicles. And those that are serious about leasing them to write just there, those few cars won't change much. Most of the players won't lease them through UCP if they'll be rich enough to afford them in-game and simply buy.

sorry my character rply got rich off cryptocurrency in a week off taking a risk. 

I guess player dealerships will be less competitive. Why buy a car and sell it for a cheaper price when you can lease a car and cancel it whenever you like w/o having the trouble to find a buyer and taking weeks just to sell it off.

I went to Mirror Park's dealership and the Tesla comes for 18k a month which sounds like a good deal than buying it for the original price. But I just hope that vehicle leases are properly monitored by RPQM and PM. It would be odd just to see all fancy cars around the streets. However i do understand IRL it's common that people  prefer leasing than buying the latest  cars in the vehicle market. 

I feel maybe a few cars from each dealership should be lease'able rather than having all cars for lease. 

• Upvote 1

The title claims "Potential Issues". With the script's implementation, it's obvious that the issues are not potential, but rather very real. This is one of the worst implementations in GtaW and needs to be removed. There was already a huge issue with a lot of characters unrealistically owning vehicles that they really shouldn't. This script just made things a hundred times worse.

2 minutes ago, Flatline said:

The title claims "Potential Issues". With the script's implementation, it's obvious that the issues are not potential, but rather very real. This is one of the worst implementations in GtaW and needs to be removed. There was already a huge issue with a lot of characters unrealistically owning vehicles that they really shouldn't. This script just made things a hundred times worse.

It would be nice if an administrator can offer us some insights into the stats of what actually happened when the script was implemented. This way, we know, rather than have to guess or rely on anecdotes.

4 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

It would be nice if an administrator can offer us some insights into the stats of what actually happened when the script was implemented. This way, we know, rather than have to guess or rely on anecdotes.

I'm solely speaking out of personal experience. Since the script was implemented, every single pursuit I've had with (M) involved, they were driving torrences and other varied super fast cars. It became a trend to see high rate crime areas filled with powerful vehicles with the intent of evading after commiting crimes.